PDA

View Full Version : and the good news is, it wasn't the VPD

10-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Bradenton's story went national, it'll be on morning talk shows, etc.

This is criminal, nothing more than gang mentality.

I'll say this for the VPD -- this would not have flown here. Thank God.

Cut and paste this, the URL open/close tags won't work right. I think because I'm a guest.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2366905

10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Nevermind. The tags did work.

10-28-2006, 05:15 PM
You guys of all people should not believe what you read in the Herald Tribune--they did not get the story right. We do the same thing at SPD.
There is the Florida forfeiture Act and then there are Civil Agreements both are different but the paper mixed them toghether.

Botton line take eveything you can from drug dealers. Nobody is taking property from innocent people.

11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Meh. I've seen both sides of that fence. Was an LEO, now am a writer. I don't fully trust either side. On this story, Herald-Tribune did get it right. SPD does not have the same rules that BPD does, BPD has taken this to an Orwellian extreme.

11-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh, and you might want to take a look at the front page of http://www.veniceflorida.com for the new links on today's follow-up story and the readtions from Fark.

11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey John--The herald Tribune got it right? Every cop in this County knows that the Herald Tribune's Idealogy slants their coverage.

The case they are defending that the guy gets him money back is the 19 year old known drug dealer in in a drug area to buy drugs with his money wrapped in rubberbands as they do and tells the cops you know what I do, take the money I make that in a day.
I don't remember reading that in the paper.

In this country you can waive your rights criminal and civil. If a dirtbag involved in drugs wants to give his money away that is HIS RIGHT.

Civil Agreements have already been reviewed by the courts and are used all over especially Florida. Hmmmm I don't remember reading that either. Oh and look at Manatee Circuit Court Docket BPD is not being sued as the paper said the guy filed a petition to get his money back. That is not a lawsuit. Oh I am sorry you said the Herald-Tribune got it right!!