PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Well we are 539 strong and United. The next few days we will here from the PBA and the weasle management cronies, trying to convince rookie offices to vote " YES " in the next contract proposal. They will be saying " hey, guys this is a good contract , you're never going to get health care ". This is a crock and a INJUSTICE, for these managerial sleuths to do this to some of the naive rookie officer's. I've been hearing alot of discussion about getting more pay and getting rid of managements abilty to lose your MPO pay. Even though this are very IMPORTANT ISSUES, we need to all stand UNITED on getting a HEALTH CARE RETIREMENT BENEFIT. Strength is in numbers my fellow officer's, and we have proven that with this Contract Vote, we can get things done. If anyone agrees, love to hear your VOICE. We can't just fold because there going to give us some small things. The MPO pay issue they never had, and it is ridiculous that we are even having a discussion on that topic. This is just a smoke and mirror tactic that the city is trying to give us something back that we already have in order to divert your attention from the real needed issues like money and HEALTH CARE RETIREMENT.

10-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Health care retirement benift?? Sounds great but no one usually thinks about that until they are about to retire or find themselves retired on LOD. Currently single coverage is approaching $400 a month, Family will soon hit $800. It's killing the retiree,s , guess why we see so many of them back here working. Its hard to get this into the picture with officer's with less then 10 years on, especially if it would increase contributions. Mark my words,, wait to you retire, $800 will sound dirt cheap then.

10-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Wish I was only paying $800, next year I will be paying $1,060 for my wife and I.

10-21-2006, 09:23 PM
That's for the PPO. HMO is $948/month. What a deal :cry:

10-22-2006, 01:28 PM
The above posts are exactly right,, the problem is going to past the next galaxy the way it's going. The union/pension office and city need to have a sit down. We have to create something or when we retire we will just end up back at work trying to pay health insurance. I for one do not want to work 30+ years at TPD like I see some people do.

10-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm just glad this Mayor got the increased multiplyer done. It was only an $800 a month post retirement raise, but you know, Greco was so much better...he gave u your car back and a 3% COLA.

10-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Lets not play the political game! The multiplier was something that we have been after for a while, so it doesn't matter that it happened under Pam. If Greco would have still been Mayor, it would have happened under his administration. It so happens that Pam was in office.

Same old story, shit goes wrong they blame it on the old administration, shit goes right, the current administration is the best thing since sliced bread!

Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

10-23-2006, 06:34 AM
sorry to ruin the party, but my main concern is MONEY !!!!!!!
I rank my contract needs as follows:
1. Pay, Including striking the stupid MPO clause. (7-6-6)
2. Increase the multiplier. not 3.25 but 3.75
3. Increase longevity pay. 1000 bucks after 15 years. Not so great.
4. Define overtime as OVERTIME. Regardless of how many days you took off that week using vacation, holiday etc. All overtime needs to be calculated at 150% pay.
5. Health care in retirement would be nice but raise my multiplier before you ask me to fund health care.

I think most officers pushing health care are the ones that are ready to retire.

Oh yea. don't reply with the tired old saying, wait til you retire. I plan on working after TPD. In realtiy, unless you work as a cop for 35 plus years, you too will work in retirement. If you plan you hopefully only need to work parttime.

And when all else fails vote for Hillary, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!

10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
sorry to ruin the party, but my main concern is MONEY !!!!!!!
I rank my contract needs as follows:
1. Pay, Including striking the stupid MPO clause. (7-6-6)
2. Increase the multiplier. not 3.25 but 3.75
3. Increase longevity pay. 1000 bucks after 15 years. Not so great.
4. Define overtime as OVERTIME. Regardless of how many days you took off that week using vacation, holiday etc. All overtime needs to be calculated at 150% pay.
5. Health care in retirement would be nice but raise my multiplier before you ask me to fund health care.

I think most officers pushing health care are the ones that are ready to retire.

Don't begin to think that health care after retirement is all pie in the sky. We bargained for it on the last contract and got it. Anyone hired prior to January 2007 is covered after retirement. Pay is nice and a higher multiplier also but your biggest savings post retirement will be nailing healthcare first.

Oh yea. don't reply with the tired old saying, wait til you retire. I plan on working after TPD. In realtiy, unless you work as a cop for 35 plus years, you too will work in retirement. If you plan you hopefully only need to work parttime.

And when all else fails vote for Hillary, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!