PDA

View Full Version : LMAO!

10-20-2006, 08:58 PM
"Union President Kevin Durkin and union Vice President John Swope plan to attend roll calls during the next few days to hear feedback from the officers before returning to negotiations with the city.

"We will have to identify exactly what compelled the majority of officers not to vote for it," Durkin said, noting this was not the first time a contract had been rejected by union members."

WOW, WE HAVE A STRONG VOICE/REPRESENTATION AT THE P.B.A.

HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?

WE WANT THE HEALTH CARE ISSUE RESOLVED, AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY ITS NOT POSSIBLE AT THIS TIME, THEN WE EXPECT TO BE COMPENSATED IN OUR RAISES. DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN 18%, YOU ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR 20%, AND FIRE GOT A 6-6-6, IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN!

M.P.O./SENIOR CPL/SGT. ISSUE, THAT IS OUT THE WINDOW!

FOR STARTERS, THE ENTIRE S.O.P. WOULD NEED TO BE REVISED. WE WOULD NEED TO KNOW WHAT EVALUATION PROCEESS, SCORING, CRITERIA, ETC. IS GOING TO BE USED, IN ORDER TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ON THIS ISSUE.

FURHERMORE, EVERYBODY NOT ONLY M.P.O./SENIOR CPL/SGT. NEED TO BE HELD TO THE SAME STANDARD! I GUESS THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BECUASE THE LT'S CONTRACT ALREADY PASSED.

You have stated:

"All Senior/Master ranks, (Senior Sgts, Cpls, Dets, MPOs) do have to maintain a satisfactory evaluation. This DOES NOT MEAN that if you get one or two below expectations on an evaluation you are not satisfactory. All evaluations are being averaged as they always have been. For example, if you got a "BE" in one category and a "AE" on another category, that would average out to be meets expectations, which is satisfactory.
IT IS INCORRECT that having two below expectations will take away your senior pay."

There are 6 major categories (7, if you are supervisor) on the evaluation. So, if an officer has 5 Me and 1 BE, he/she doesn't have and "average" evaluation. Why? because when you average things, you basically are giving it a points system. Although, there a several sub-categories on the evaluation, I stuck to the major ones, but you should get the picture because math is math.

BE-1
ME-2
AE-3
EX-4

6 ME = 12//6 = 2 = ME = AVERAGE

5 ME and 1 BE= 11/6 = 1.83 = BE = NOT AVERAGE = LOSE $$$$$$

AS YOU CAN SEE, 1 BE CAN CAUSE YOU NOT TO HAVE AN "AVERAGE" EVALUATION.

4AE, 2ME = 16/6 = 2.66 = AVERAGE

2AE, 1ME and 3BE = 11/6 = 1.83 = NOT AVERAGE = LOSE $$$$$$

SO, GET RID OF IT!

LET ME SAVE YOU SOME TIME, AND YOU CAN SKIP THE ROLL CALLS:

HEALTH CARE, 5-5-5
NO HEALTH CARE, 6-6-6
M.P.O./SENIOR CPL/SGT. ISSUE, SEE YA, GET RID OF IT!

THERE, GO BACK TO THE NEGOTIATING TABLE.

P.S. DON'T TRY TO BRAIN WASH US, ITS NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME. WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY WITH THIS ONE. I THINK WE HAVE SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR!