PDA

View Full Version : D2 pursuit

10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
To all the units that assisted in the pursuit in D2 this morning, Good Job!!! This was a true team effort which resulted in the arrests of all 3 suspects, all of which have been arrested numerous times before. No one got hurt and the Bad Guys went to jail. Officers that originated were J Rodriguez (just got back from military leave) and J Cella. Cella did an AWESOME job of calling this pursuit and both need to be commended for a job well done!!!!!

Also hats off to the Dayshift and SAC units that showed up to assist right at the start of their shift. Everyone took a piece of the pie to get this incident complete!!!!!!

10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Someone from staff will find something wrong and drop paper.

10-20-2006, 10:26 PM
No one in staff will find anything wrong. I heard it also and it was great. You are just saying that negative thought about a positive post because you are ashamed that you are scared and were hiding when the pursuit was going on. Good job to the guys and gals that were involved.

10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
No one in staff will find anything wrong. I heard it also and it was great. You are just saying that negative thought about a positive post because you are ashamed that you are scared and were hiding when the pursuit was going on. Good job to the guys and gals that were involved.

Buddy, I was home sleeping when you were playing T.J. Hooker. If you have not noticed, Staff has been droping paper on most pursuits. Go on down to the PBA office and ask.

10-21-2006, 06:33 PM
First of all I would like to say that the Ocsar squad are a great group of guys and you did a outstanding job with that pursuit. Sgt. Meyer and Corporal Torres thanks for letting your Officers "Catch" the bad guys once again without any interference. It's nice to know that these two supervisors stand behind their troops.

If you guys don't already know we (Air Service) depend solely upon radio for all of our calls. If we are in the air or at the hanger it is Frequency Two's responsibility to contact us and advise of the type call Air Support is needed for, they are our primary dispatch freq. Once they tell us we switch over to your frequency.

On the morning of the pursuit at 0530 myself and Tactical Flight Officer Terry Ashe were at the hanger and a MDT ALL message came across the computer which we have mounted at the hanger. We cannot have MDT's in the helicopter due to FCC rules. The message was from Freq 1 sector B and it stated Sector D freq 7 was in a pursuit. Terry immediately tuned in freq 7 and heard what was going on. We secured the hanger and took off towards the pursuit. By this time it was 0538. I arrived on scene just after the third guy was taken into custody. Sgt. Myer told radio that we could secure. The dispatcher who did not show us on the call or even ask for the police helicopter was surprised to hear that request.

I asked Sgt. Myer to go to 16 and explained to him that the only reason we were there was due to a MDT BOLO. Still to this day Air Service was not actually dispatched.

I am troubled that a pursuit that goes on for 12 plus min. did not include a major asset of our department. Radio dropped the ball and it is being addressed by our chain of command.

Please understand that I took over mids for Air 7 (Gary Price) last November and I truly try to provide you all with great Air Support. Whether is just checking on you on a S50 or flying by that open door call, It is situations like this that upset me and gives our unit a bad reputation.

I am always available for you guys so please don't hesitate to ask.

Stay safe!

Todd Curabba
Pilot, Air 6

10-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Air 6 you do a fine job. thanks for all the help and trust me, we all know the pain of dealing with dispatch. It would work better if we got all the calls from a computer and just talked to each other. Take care and keep up the good work.
And to the loser home sleeping......I am sure only your pursuits get paper because you are a sub-par cop at best. The whole point was that it is a positive post and your disgruntled, pisspoor attitude seeped into it.

10-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Air 6 you do a fine job. thanks for all the help and trust me, we all know the pain of dealing with dispatch. It would work better if we got all the calls from a computer and just talked to each other.

first of all.. Alot of those dispatchers are excellent and do what needs to be done in a pursuit without being asked. SO CUT EM'SOME SLACK.

I think that is a more thankless job then ours sometimes!!!!!

To Air 6, I assisted in that pursuit the other night. I do not remember you being dispatched and I agree that is a problem. I think the fact that you made an effort to show up says alot and I appreciate the work you guys do. I, unlike some, know you cannot fly all the time. Just Keep up the good work.

And to all of those who say staff is out to get us. Go crawl under a rock. When you do your job, AND PURSUING FELONS IS YOUR JOB, sometimes you come under fire for doing what it takes to get the job done. That is part of this profession and if you do not want to do it, then quit now and do us all a favor. This pursuit will be scrutinized like any other. However, this was far far better than some others I have had the pleasure to be involved in and no one got paper for those.

Ok, now let the flames begin about how I am a company man and a that I must be a rookie. Even though I have been here for almost 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Flame, no way. I am the author of the post before yours and I agree about dispatch. But plain and simple it seems as most are lacking common sense or new. But, otherwise I agree 100%.

10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Thank you for all the nice words that everyone has said to me in regard to this pursiut. While my squad did an excellent job, please remember that units from the surrounding sectors also did an excellent job on the perimeter which kept the felons contained and away from the good citizens of Tampa. This will be one of my easiest pursuit letters that I have written which speaks volumes for all the officers involved.

Sgt. Jimmy Meier
Squad 211, District Two

10-23-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd like to see how long you would last in a dispatch chair, Bro
Course its probably not suited for a big bad police man like you!

10-23-2006, 11:21 PM
DONT LET THE WORDS OF OTHERS SPEAK FOR ALL OF US!!!

We in Radio also think it was an awesome pursuit. We all sent messages to Jason for doing an outstanding job calling it. The other units involved stayed off the radio and allowed Jason to do what needed to be done. It was a group effort involving the whole district. One of the best pursuits I have heard in years. Great Job to everyone involved.

10-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Buddy, I was home sleeping when you were playing T.J. Hooker. If you have not noticed, Staff has been droping paper on most pursuits. Go on down to the PBA office and ask.

What an arrogant post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably a "do nothing"

10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Flame, no way. I am the author of the post before yours and I agree about dispatch. But plain and simple it seems as most are lacking common sense or new. But, otherwise I agree 100%.

wonder why there are so many that are 'new' when they have to deal with crap like this

10-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I'd like to see how long you would last in a dispatch chair, Bro
Course its probably not suited for a big bad police man like you!

Don't get all pissy just because someone identified a mistake that you made. Everyone makes mistakes. When we make mistakes, sometimes we end up paying for them by getting some discipline. If a dispatcher forgot to tell air service about a pursuit, that's a pretty big issue in my opinion as an officer. Everything worked out fine this time, but if someone got hurt or the bad guys got away because air service wasn't notified in a timely manner, it would be on YOUR shoulders.

As to the comment about how long an officer would last in a dispatch chair, I won't comment because I don't want to start a fight between officers and dispatchers. I will, however, say that there have been more people who left radio for the street only to find out that they couldn't cut it than people who have left the street and couldn't cut it at radio.

10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Sounds like you got shot down by one of the hotties in radio.

10-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Sounds like you got shot down by one of the hotties in radio.

Hotties at radio? Have you ever been to radio??? I guess you have a different definition of hot than I do, because I surely do not consider a large land mammal hot.

10-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Well this is for the one who thinks there are land mammals in radio...there are several of us in there who keep up with ourselves and make ourselves look good, not for punks like you, most of the decent looking ones are married,some even to cops, so watch what you say. Obviously one of the land mammals turned u down hottie boy. :twisted:

10-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Uh...humans are LAND MAMMALS.....Right??

11-01-2006, 03:34 AM
NOW THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT!!

What's amazing is that you cops haven't learned, and still go in there looking!!

Didn't you know there is a rule that they can only hire loosers and scarry creatures? In the last few years, they hire "chair warmers" at best.

Only a few dispatchers actually have a brain and when they get one that does, they usually try to weed them out. Look at the turn over in there!

I will say there are a few (and I do mean a few) that can do the job.

That should send a VERY loud message to everyone!

My opinion is Officers should be running Radio. But it's like the rest of TPD it needs a complete management overhaul.

In Radio as in Patrol... it's not what you know - it's who you .. (well, you know)

Oh by the way.... as officers we advise radio that we want Air Service. What would happen if we relied on dispatchers to anticipate our needs? Oh, never mind... the dispatchers that actually did that, have moved on to other divisions or found other jobs.

11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I feel compelled to respond to the "Guest" poster. I can see from your post that you have never been a dispatcher. I did seven years as one for an agency up north before coming down here. I have done over 15 years as an officer here. I can tell you that I am glad I am not still a dispatcher because I could not imagine handling the stress for that long. You talk about turnover, why don't you take a job that is that stressful and get paid what they get for doing the job. You would have to give up sitting under a tree chatting with your partners, your extended T10 (oh thats right, your still out on a call, not T10). We should make the dispatch center sworn? Give me a break, the officers that would make good dispatchers would never go there, they want to be out on the street putting asses in jail. You'd end up with the retirement squad there, then you could ***** about the crappy officers in there. I doubt you'd last an entire shift in there on a Friday or Saturday night.
Its easy to look down on others, why don't you try putting yourself in their shoes? Do we have dispatchers who are less than stellar in their perfomance? Yep, how about the officers (and you know a number of them) who are complete idiots? They don't effect you (they just effect the dispatchers) so I guess that doesn't matter to you. I can name off a number of dispatchers who have been there for years (god bless them) and do an outstanding job. If we paid them more maybe we could keep more of them around until they got good at it. Until then we will have rookie issues.
The dispatcher did not notify air service? How about one of the officers on the frequency switching over to freq 2 and telling the dispatcher there to get air service up on freq 7? Lets look at these situations and try to come up with solutions to issues rather than just sling mud and leave the root issue there with no fix. We try to look out for each other on the street. Whether you choose to believe it or not the dispatchers are trying to look out for you. They are all human. They have varying levels of experience and abilities, but I don't for one minute think that anyone up there doesn't care about the safety of their officers.
I want to thank the dispatchers for doing their best at an underpaid, thankless job, day in and day out.

11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Well said, That poster was an A@#H*&$

11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Any of you officers out there who think you could sit inside the radio room for 8hrs and do what we do, you're more than welcome to t44 anytime and take over..Granted out there on the street is wayyy more stressful and dangerous, but us inside have it bad too..dealing with asses on the radio,lazy people who dont want to take calls in their zones,506's breathing down our backs about every little thing..etc etc..i could go on and on about it. Whats amazing to me is that everyone thinks of radio as pissants who are fat,have no life,sit and eat all night,the women are sluts and %#%^# every cop that comes in..theres alot of us that are happily married,have kids,have lives outside of TPD,arent sleeping with every cop that comes in..and yet we still get critisized. I go in there and do my job and go home to kids,a great man, and a life..obviously the "guest" poster has nothing of this sort or he wouldnt be on here posting that ridiculous,immature post!

11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Whats your definition of a hottie..
About 200+ lbs.
The most exercise anyone there will see is lifting the finger to the radio and back to the Nachos Grande..

11-02-2006, 02:35 AM
You must have walked into the radio room on dayshift??? He must be liking what he sees in there or he wouldnt be talking about it so much..

11-02-2006, 04:24 AM
LOCK THIS THREAD..

What was started as praise has turned into a slam on dispatch. I have had enough!!!!!!

11-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Ashamed.... funny how you kept throwing comments about obviously this and obviously that.... Obviously you didn't comprehend the post.

And yes the pursuit was great!

11-04-2006, 01:37 AM
you didnt have a problem with the nachos when we were eating them together last nite....YUMMY :wink: