PDA

View Full Version : Hey PBA

10-19-2006, 06:20 PM
THE MEMBERSHIP HAS SPOKEN AND THE MESSAGE WAS LOUD AND CLEAR, WE ARE TIRED OF BEING PUSHED AROUND. WE WANT WHAT IS DUE TO US, WE WANT WHAT WE HAVE EARNED. IF THE CITY WANTS CRIME REDUCTION TO CONTINUE OR BE MAINTAINED, THEN TREAT US RIGHT. DON'T SLAP US ON THE FACE BY GIVING BONUSES LEFT AND RIGHT AND THEN FORGETTING ABOUT US, THE WORKERS, THE BACK BONE OF THE DEPARTMENT. DON'T THROW US A BONE, AND THEN END UP GIVING CAPTAINS, ASST. CHIEFS, ETC. BIG RAISES (YES, I'M SURE THAT WAS COMING DOWN THE PIPE). NOT TO SAY THAT YOU GUYS DON'T WORK HARD, BUT WE DO THE DIRTY WORK, WE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN THE LINE OF FIRE!

ADVICE TO THE P.B.A:

Stick to the following game plan and you will be doing your job and in the process earning our respect:

7.5-6.5-6, if the City counters with anything less than 5-5-5, you walk out.

If they offer 5-5-5, you counter with 7-6-5.5. You go back and forth, and we end up some where around 6.5-5.5-5. You started with 20% the City starts with some thing reasonable 15%, and we meet in the middle 17 /17.5%.

Now, as far as the M.P.O. Senior Cpl/Sgt. article goes, I and many of the membership do not have a problem with holding people accountable for what they do or don't do. However, maintaining an "average" evaluation does not cut it. What is going to stop the City from changing the evaluation process, scoring etc. to fit their agenda once the contract is voted in? All of this questions need to be answered and in black and white, so that we can make an informed decision. If they are not going to change anything, then that needs to be in the contract: "The City will not make any changes to the current evaluation program."

Now, with that said. Lets look at this issue a little closer. People have talked about 3 BE, 2 BE, etc. causing you to lose your $$.

You have stated:

"All Senior/Master ranks, (Senior Sgts, Cpls, Dets, MPOs) do have to maintain a satisfactory evaluation. This DOES NOT MEAN that if you get one or two below expectations on an evaluation you are not satisfactory. All evaluations are being averaged as they always have been. For example, if you got a "BE" in one category and a "AE" on another category, that would average out to be meets expectations, which is satisfactory.
IT IS INCORRECT that having two below expectations will take away your senior pay."

There are 6 major categories (7, if you are supervisor) on the evaluation. So, if an officer has 5 Me and 1 BE, he/she doesn't have and "average" evaluation. Why? because when you average things, you basically are giving it a points system. Although, there a several sub-categories on the evaluation, I stuck to the major ones, but you should get the picture because math is math.

BE-1
ME-2
AE-3
EX-4

6 ME = 12//6 = 2 = ME = AVERAGE

5 ME and 1 BE= 11/6 = 1.83 = BE = NOT AVERAGE = LOSE $$$$$$

AS YOU CAN SEE, 1 BE CAN CAUSE YOU NOT TO HAVE AN "AVERAGE" EVALUATION.

4AE, 2ME = 16/6 = 2.66 = AVERAGE

2AE, 1ME and 3BE = 11/6 = 1.83 = NOT AVERAGE = LOSE $$$$$$

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY, ALTHOUGH I WAS EXPECTING VERY FEW YES, I AM STILL HAPPY. WE HAVE FINALLY SHOWN STRONG UNITY AT T.P.D.

REMAIN STRONG AND BE SAFE!

PEACE OUT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
THIS ISSUE OF TRYING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR MPO STATUS IS RIDICULOUS. WE ALREADY HAVE THIS BENEFIT AND NOW OUR UNION WANTS TO GIVE IT BACK. THERE ARE SNAKES IN WOLVES CLOTHING FOLKS AND IT JUST TAKES ONE SUPERVISOR TO TAKE AWAY 5,000 DOLLARS IN SALARY. IF THE CITY IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT PRODUCTION AND LAZY OFFICERS.....THEN TAKE AWAY THERE $500.00/$1,000/1,250 BONUSES. WHAT I WOULD ADD TO THE EQUATION IS REWARD THE OFFICER WITH % PERCENTAGE BONUSES.....YOU'LL MOTIVATE THEM. THE MAJORS AND THE PIO SEEM HAPPY WITH THE $5,000-$2,200 BONUSES THEY RECEIVED FROM THE " POLICE OFFICER'S " HARD WORK. THE REASON YOU HAVE BAD MORALE IS EXAMPLES LIKE THESE " UNITY ".......KEVIN DO YOUR JOB. :evil: