PDA

View Full Version : New Contract

10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
1- Any Discipline, including Oral Admonishments, Grievable
(If the City would stop writing Pending Files for BS then the PBA woudnt have to Grieve them)
1 (a) - All evidence in IA case must be disclosed to officer charged
2 - The PIO Position is worth that of a Step 5 Officer - if a civilian is used.
3 - EVALS - No references to tickets or arrests shall be made and there shall be no QUOTA, goals or other numbers relating to arrests or tickets
4 - MPO/Senior Ranks - Language to remain as it was before this contract
5 - 5.5, 5.0, 4.5
6 - City of Tampa Resident Incentive Voucher - $2K / year
7 - Gun when you leave (keep that piece S%$* yourself City)
8 - One time contract Bonus - 1000 Lt/Sgt/Cpl 1200 Officer
(Yea, you got that right)
9 - Floating Holiday
10- Safe Driver after 1 year
11 - Det 650 SAC/Quad 400 - Plain Clothes increase
12 - PBA Immediate cash benefit fund to any designated person with 4.0 hourcdeduction in employee Sick or Annual bank - Half of draw paid to claimant

10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Evals with no ref to arrests....no goals.....we know what kind of worker you are. Thanks for the post.

10-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Evals with no ref to arrests....no goals.....we know what kind of worker you are. Thanks for the post.

I take no postion here , BUT it wasn't that long ago when they were like that !

10-19-2006, 09:40 PM

So backing up other officers, taking the time to deal with sig 20 ladies who repeatedly call, writing numerous reports that yield no arrest stat, etc., is bad.

Get real. Stats are bullshit. In fact, they are quotas and they are illegal. Of course changing burglaries to criminal mischiefs to make the appearance of crime reduction is also illegal but it has been done.

10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
We have all done that....back up others.....deal with the sig 20's, it is so routine that bringing it up is even silly....but why dont you try for once to be the one that is being backed up, or arresting someone. We all know your kind.....the ones that act like workers by that "chatter" on the radio........volunteer for busy work to sound like you are humping calls when your squad mates are actually putting people in jail. This is not some nice little community, people in Tampa actually need to go to jail, so when you are spouting about backing up, dealing with the 20's, and so forth......who is actually doing the work you so obviously are afraid or refuse to do? It is not about stats........it is about doing the right thing and doing what you are paid to do. If you are so weak that you let someone else tell you what to work a call as (burg, crim mischief, etc) then you need to go womewhere else. Work your own call, make it what it is and you will be just fine.

10-19-2006, 11:02 PM
5 - 5.5, 5.0, 4.5

I don't get why some of the idiots here (including the PBA) push for the biggest raise at the beginning of the contract. If we got a 4.5/5/5.5 instead of the above, we would be getting more money in the long run. Look at St. Pete's contract, that's what they did.

10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Not really sure about your logic on that one. Loading the front end with the higher percentages = same exact pay rate at the end of the 3 years and more money in the long run (although not much).

On $50,000:

5.5/5/4.5 would equal $166,017.44 over 3 years.

4.5/5/5.5 would equal $164,992.44 over 3 years.

You would end at $57,879.94 either way.

And you would make $1,025 more over the 3 years with option 1.

10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
YOU CAN PLAY WITH ALL THE FIGURES YOU WANT, BUT WITHO :devil: UT A HEALTH CARE RETIREMENT PACKAGE IT WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING.

10-20-2006, 06:56 PM
TOP FIVE REASONS TO VOTE YES for ROUND TWO..

#5 You dont have anything to worry about by making MPO, after all, why would anyone want to screw you over? That doesn't happen at TPD

#4 You can spend those extra pennies from your new shift differential at the Thrift Store on Nebraska to buy a used bathing suit in good condition.

#3 You can use your Floating Holiday to lounge in your speedo at a local City of Tampa pool drinking your favorite adult beverage

#2 There is still plenty of room to argue for New Boot Money on the next contract so you have something to speak about at 10-10 (Dont you wish they were secretly authorized Pirate boots instead of Hi-Tecs?)

#1 You can use your PBA contractual retirement Glock with blank rounds at Gasparilla as a party reveler (Wouldn't it be just crazy fun and awesome if you wore the boots and speedo)

Oh, and who cares Health Insurance......
Thanks for paying attention to our concerns PBA

10-20-2006, 08:07 PM
TOP FIVE REASONS TO VOTE YES for ROUND TWO..

#5 You dont have anything to worry about by making MPO, after all, why would anyone want to screw you over? That doesn't happen at TPD

#4 You can spend those extra pennies from your new shift differential at the Thrift Store on Nebraska to buy a used bathing suit in good condition.

#3 You can use your Floating Holiday to lounge in your speedo at a local City of Tampa pool drinking your favorite adult beverage

#2 There is still plenty of room to argue for New Boot Money on the next contract so you have something to speak about at 10-10 (Dont you wish they were secretly authorized Pirate boots instead of Hi-Tecs?)

#1 You can use your PBA contractual retirement Glock with blank rounds at Gasparilla as a party reveler (Wouldn't it be just crazy fun and awesome if you wore the boots and speedo)

Oh, and who cares Health Insurance......
Thanks for paying attention to our concerns PBA

I love it and got a laugh at first until I realized how true it is. When you retire you should contact Leno and Letterman.......I see a future for you there.

10-21-2006, 04:33 AM
I am not with TPD. I work for a neighboring jurisdiction. I am also not all that hot on Unions. With that said, I truly wish y’all the best of luck on this contract. I have selfish reasons, of course. If you guys get a great insurance package that includes lower insurance costs to retirees, it may wake the neighboring agencies up. My retirement, as compared to the private sector is pretty good, but facing an 800.00 a month payment for health insurance is ridiculous.

Good luck

10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
After reading these post over the last few weeks and talking to other officers, The no retirement health insurance is not the reason this got voted down. Basically if it was a 5-5-5 and the MPO/ Sr ratings were not changed this would have been a done deal.

10-21-2006, 04:54 PM
After reading these post over the last few weeks and talking to other officers, The no retirement health insurance is not the reason this got voted down. Basically if it was a 5-5-5 and the MPO/ Sr ratings were not changed this would have been a done deal.

I agree with one exception. The order, the mpo/sr rating was the #1 issued closely followed by the money.

Stand together in this issue brothers and sister in blue as we should in all fight.

10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
If your just thinking about those 2 issues , which are important losing MPO and the money, but not long term retirement health care your a FOOL. Health Care Retirement is the No.#1 ISSUE and it will affect your PENSION. Wake up brother and stand UNITED.

10-21-2006, 06:51 PM
If your just thinking about those 2 issues , which are important losing MPO and the money, but not long term retirement health care your a FOOL. Health Care Retirement is the No.#1 ISSUE and it will affect your PENSION. Wake up brother and stand UNITED

WELL STATED
HOLD OUT FOR A SIGNIFICANT HEALTH INSURANCE CONCESSION FROM THE CITY