PDA

View Full Version : "Bob Tamboe" for PBA President

10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Perhaps this will ruffle some feathers, but I think it's time we ponder new leadership in the PBA.

Bob Tamboe would be an excellent candidate because he represents the members the way they should be. He's very informative, he's one of the few that reports back on all discussions at the meetings, and not to mention he has our best interest at heart.

Management may not feel Bob is worthy of a supervisory position, in spite of his exeplary track record and numerous qualifications, But I say he exemplifies true leadership skills and is quite capable of leading our union!!!! 8)

10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I second the nomination! I hear it will take an act of God to get the current administration out.

Bob Tamboe is one of the best officers I've ever had the pleasure to work with. He has a heart of gold and still has core values of a traditional cop. He believes in taking care of his fellow brothers and sisters in law enforecement. Bob speaks the truth and is always informative. Unfortunately, management has made it very clear that they will not promote Bob. Management would be beside themselves if they had to deal with Bob as president, so I say let's make it happen!

10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
If he were to run he would have my vote..............

10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Bob Tamboe would be an excellant candidate for PBA president. He is one of the few, ok, the only one that I know that I can get a straight answer from. He's a great person and officer and he will make an even better PBA president. He also deserves to be promoted!!!

I'd vote for him!!!!!

10-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Tamboe would definitely get me vote. I would only ask that he only allow non-supervisors on his team. Sorry, that means no Detectives.

10-19-2006, 09:58 PM
bobbie tamboe stand up troop he has my respect as a supervisor
but even more as a cop's cop

10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
TI would only ask that he only allow non-supervisors on his team. Sorry, that means no Detectives.

That's where the problem lies. As long as supervisors are represented by the same union that represents patrol officers, they have a right to be officers, board members, and committee members. That's the plain and simple truth. It's not fair to the lieutenants, sergeants, corporals, and detectives who are members of the union not to have representation from their ranks. It's also not fair to the rank and file patrolmen not to have adequate representation from their ranks. It seems as though everyone in a high position with the union holds some sort of rank. It also seems as though all but a couple of the people on the contract committe also hold some rank.

There should be separate bargaining units for each rank. I know that the NYPD has many, many more officers than we do, but they have a different union for each and every rank. It's a borderline conflict of interest when you have members of management (lieutenants and sergeants) on the same union that is responsible for grieving discipline that lieutenants and sergeants can hand out.

That's one of the reasons why we have so many people who think that the PBA is in bed with the city and that they aren't good at representing their members.

10-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Mr Tamboe,,,,Oh yeah he gets my vote :D :D :D

10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Um, did any of you bother to read the PBA Charter? I'm guessing the answer is no, because you seem to think the membership has a say in who is president....

"Article IX - Charter Officers Section 1. Officers and Elections: The Charter Board of Directors shall elect the Charter President, the Charter Senior Vice President, the Charter Secretary and the Charter Treasurer."

Oh, and to be president, you have already be part of the inner circle, so don't think we'll be staging any coup d'etats....

"(a) Eligibility: To be eligible to be nominated for election to the Executive Committee of the Charter a candidate must be a member in good standing and have been a member of the Charter Board of Directors for one (1) year immediately preceding his/her nomination in the case of second vice presidents, secretary and treasurer; and in the case of the President and Senior Vice-President (2) two years immediately preceding his/her nomination."

And how do you get onto the all-powerful Charter Board of Directors? Yup, you guessed it....

"A qualified person (see Article IX, Section 1 (a)) may be appointed to fill a vacancy on the Charter Board of Directors but only [b]by an affirmative vote of the majority of the remaining directors."[b]

Might want to peruse this a bit people:
PBA BY-LAWS (http://www.wcfpba.org/information/WCFPBABylaws.pdf)

10-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Another great part of the new and improved PBA constitution os that that there is no amendment section anymore SUPRISE.. in fact the only mention of being able to amend the contract reads if you want to amend something you can take it to the president and if HE deems it a good idea he will present in to the executive board for a vote..... That would be an interesting conversation: Officer: Mr President I would like you to resign so you will no longer be the giant anchor pulling our ship to the bottom. President: Ok well I'll take that under advisement, don't call us we'll call you with a decision

I'm not sure if we should be laughing or crying

10-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Yes we use to have Quarterly General Membership meetings to present By-Law changes etc. It is quite interesting that the new and improved (if you are On the Executive Board) By-Laws make it impossible to challenge the Executive Board by the democratic process to run for office. The members and the current Board of Directors should be asking how did we let this happen? Perhaps if members attended a meeting after having been placed on the agenda they could ask that question.
What about a membership signed petition to challenge the PBA to change the existing By-Laws so that an existing Board of Director ( Member Representative) can run for Office? Hmmmmmm does anyone recall when there was an election for the Tampa Executive Board? I think it was when Jim Thompson lost to Kevin. Who voted for John Swope and Pat Lynch to serve on the Executive Board? When did the PBA become a kingdom? Who wants to know, who really cares?

10-25-2006, 03:52 AM
And let's not forget this little tidbit:

"Section 2. Criticism of other Members or the Association. Any member of this Association who voices criticism of another member, group of members or the Association itself, without first seeking recourse through the provisions of Section 1 of this Article shall be subject to suspension of his/her membership, or expulsion from the Association

All of you now qualify for expulsion. HA HA HA!!!! I shall be turning you all in promptly as a sacrifice before the almighty BOARD OF DICTATORS... :shock: oops, I mean DIRECTORS.... oh crap, now I'm next...

10-25-2006, 09:13 AM
VOTE for FOP

mod5
10-25-2006, 10:38 AM
You might be on to something with the VOTE for FOP

10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
That would be a terrible idea, I hope you all were just kidding about Tamboe for president? :roll: