PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Alternative (No Humana via the City)

chipdeblock
10-18-2006, 05:22 AM
I have someone in the insurance field who will be posting in this forum soon in reference to your health care options. He was contacted by us for the purpose of offering you health care options in addition to the City plans.

Please forgive me if I butcher some of this info, as I'm going from memory (until he posts) and trying to keep it as accurate as possible.

Group rates are 2 to 3 times more expensive (because you might be insuring higher risks). In order to get a group rate you need to be an employer giving W-2s to your employees (that leaves LEOAFFAIRS.COM out). Cops are a high risk and the only company in Florida that will insure them outside of group coverage is Aetna. I checked the cost and it is expensive. However, if I take the City insurance for myself (Free) and insure my wife with the best Blue Cross Blue Shield plan, it is less than the $200 per month that I would be paying in the EPO. Yes, children can be added for a fee. If I was retired with a family, my cost would be in the $600s per month and down to the $400s per month if I had no kids (which I don't :lol:)

The above figures might change for you depending on your age(s) and family status, but it's worth looking into (I certainly am). I think you will find him an excellent source for insuring your family members and retirees. Please watch for his post in this forum.