PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHERN FLORIDA MIGRATION

10-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Are you guys starting to see alot of new TN residents from S. FL ?

People that have grown up and worked in S. FL are tired of it and are ready to move someplace else. Our mailboxes are being filled with colorful, low monthly payment plans for land in the beautiful state of TN.

My family and I plan to move to TN in the near future. It's a beautiful State.

10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
:lol: well welcome, and i hope you like our state.

03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I as a citizen of Washington County would like to encourage you to look around TN. Nothing beats East TN. As you can tell from this site, we do have our share of problems. We welcome you. Get a chance look at the wcso.net website. Before you buy land, it is always nice to get the local law opinions about the neighborhood in which you are investing you money in. The Washington County Sheriff's Office is great, seems to be as always a few bad eggs. But time will kil them out. Enjoy

03-19-2007, 12:26 AM
S. Florida city cop (Pinellas County area)) moving to a 'warmer' climate. Too many people, too many cars, Fishing for input from anybody in the East TN area. Any counties to look at, any to avoid, Any advice at all appreciated.

03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Sullivan County is a fast growing area with an outstandin group of departments. The taxes aren't too bad and you'll find that it's a good place to raise a family.

03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Morristown is one of the higher paid departments around.

04-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Guys and Girls! I bought last year in Scott County, not sure where Washington County is in relation. I have been down here in South Florida too long as a police officer and I have a couple more years in the D.R.O.P. and can't wait to build up there. I Love Tennessee and the People! From my department alone there are already two living there and about twenty more with property waiting to leave. I'm tired of this place and the people and looking forward to your state (mine now too) and the people. It's kind of ironic we just hired a great guy from eastern Tennessee and I forget from which County Sheriff's office, but good guy. He came down here for the money and benefits I think, oh well, I'm sure he misses it!

04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Look forward to having you in East TN!

08-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Sincere question from a 23 year veteran from the Tampa Bay area ... I've about had it with this place too and want to look in east Tennessee. Not sure I want to work the road anymore though ... am coming up to look at Washington, Carter, or Jefferson Counties ... any suggestions would be welcome.

I emailed Washington County SO asking about a ride along with a deputy just to get the feel and facts about the area ... and got NO response.

Let me know, please .. and thank you!

08-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Your best bet is to call (423) 461-1414 and ask to speak to someone about it, with that much experience you never know what you can shake out. (That is for Washington County by the way)