PDA

View Full Version : NEW PATROL CARS

10-14-2006, 05:22 AM
[b]Chief says he asked for at least 50 patrol cars this year.

10-14-2006, 06:48 AM
ya he also said that we are getting a new report writing system and 8 NEW positions. lets see what materializes.

10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I believe the town already approved about 24 NEW positions over the next 2-3 years, and we were already granted 7 or 8 positions this year in addition to the 7 that were taken away last year during the hiring freeze.

I could be wrong, but if there's six that are already scheduled to start the next academy, and one certified (another from North Miami) who was at orientation this week... That put's us at 7 so far.

I also heard that there are 1 or 2 more people processing from Hialeah.

10-15-2006, 04:02 AM
WE ARE ASKING, IF ANYONE IS EVEN THINKING OF APPLYING AT PPD.... DONT!!!! SPREAD THE NEWS, PLANTATION IS THE WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR POLICE OFFICERS.

10-15-2006, 05:24 AM
WE ARE ASKING, IF ANYONE IS EVEN THINKING OF APPLYING AT PPD.... DONT!!!! SPREAD THE NEWS, PLANTATION IS THE WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR POLICE OFFICERS.

How does a topic of new patrol cars have anything to do with how bad Plantation sucks?

I haven't heard one person say they want to go to PPD. Something about a Police Department where most of the officers wear suspenders over their uniforms freaks me out.

10-19-2006, 10:18 AM

How does a topic of new patrol cars have anything to do with how bad Plantation sucks?

I haven't heard one person say they want to go to PPD. Something about a Police Department where most of the officers wear suspenders over their uniforms freaks me out.

Maybe it has to do with them not getting any new cars over the past couple years. Or not having computers in their cars at all. Or even not hiring any new officers in past year, but losing several.

At least their suspenders can still hold them up. Otherwise, if it's true they are in last with pay, etc. in the county, they are sinking.

dvcop
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
looks like we're getting black and white's (i'm talking about cars)
ohh... and please stop *****ing about plantation on here, you have your one forum for that. we are a non-suspender wearing dept

10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I HEARD THAT THE GRANT FOR THE AGGRESSIVE DRIVING CARS RAN OUT AND THEY NEVER BOUGHT THE D.U.I. CAMARAS FOR THEM. SO NOW THAT THERES NO MORE GRANT MONEY THEY ARE GOING TO PAINT THE CARS AND PUT THEM ON THE ROAD. ANYBODY ELSE HEAR THIS.
IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED

avt12882
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
i think the new black and whites look hot. they just have to get rid of the website unless they update it

10-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I HEARD THAT THE GRANT FOR THE AGGRESSIVE DRIVING CARS RAN OUT AND THEY NEVER BOUGHT THE D.U.I. CAMARAS FOR THEM. SO NOW THAT THERES NO MORE GRANT MONEY THEY ARE GOING TO PAINT THE CARS AND PUT THEM ON THE ROAD. ANYBODY ELSE HEAR THIS.

The chief came into roll call and said if we heard any rumors to call him directly for clarification. Give him a call. Sounds like BS to me.

10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
[quote="DAVIES MOST WANTED":3junlke8]I HEARD THAT THE GRANT FOR THE AGGRESSIVE DRIVING CARS RAN OUT AND THEY NEVER BOUGHT THE D.U.I. CAMARAS FOR THEM. SO NOW THAT THERES NO MORE GRANT MONEY THEY ARE GOING TO PAINT THE CARS AND PUT THEM ON THE ROAD. ANYBODY ELSE HEAR THIS.

The chief came into roll call and said if we heard any rumors to call him directly for clarification. Give him a call. Sounds like BS to me.[/quote:3junlke8]

This is not true

10-24-2006, 10:44 PM
i was just wondering if anyone else heard that rumor. i also think it is b.s.

10-26-2006, 03:35 PM
WELL THE CHIEF SAID THAT THE CHARGERS WILL STAY AS THEY ARE. THE GRANT IS DONE WITH BUT HE SAID THEY MAYBE PLACED INTO THE TRAFFIC UNIT LATER ON WHEN FULLY STAFFED. BUT RIGHT NOW WILL BE USED BY THE ROAD.

10-27-2006, 12:27 AM
The DUI cameras for the Chargers were paid for when we first got the grant. Although they have not come in as of yet. When they do, they will be placed in cars on road patrol.

copdoc
10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
IF THE PUBLIC DOES NOT STOP RUNNING IN TO THE REAR OF STOPPED CRUISERS, WE'LL NEED 100 MORE CARS! FEEL BETTER TOM..

11-17-2006, 06:15 AM
The new black and whites are starting to be churned out. I hear they are going to take the 2005's with the old lights next. Any word on when the new 2007's will be arriving?

I hear the new cars will come black and white directly from Ford and the lights and wiring will not be done in house.

03-07-2007, 07:16 PM

New DUI cameras are being tested by an officer right now. The cars were never painted but they were issued to two officers that had about 2 years on.

04-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I know this is an old topic, but is anyone else tired of this:

Me: Walking into a restaurant

Civilian: "Hey, is that a new Police car?"

Me: "No."

Civilian: "But it's black and white!" Yes, he really is this excited.

Me: "They painted them."

Civilian: "Well, they look good. Why did they paint them?"

Me: "So that they would look good."

Happens about three times a week since mine was painted.