PDA

View Full Version : Cluck Cluck Cluck

10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey David, why would you not talk to Channel 10 when they asked for an on camera interview??? Were you to busy with the buds on the eastside??? :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Rather than jabberjaw with you, I will respond with facts....

All reports must be signed by TWO supervisors before being submitted. Each district has 3 areas, divided into 6-9 zones. Estimate the average deputy(especially in D4 which is VERY busy) writes about 2-3 reports a day- you do the math; thats a lot of paperwork to be read, edited and reviewed. Word has it that we will be on the paperless system in 12-18 months, but for now we are not and we must handwrite/type all reports.

Youll note that in the followup to that report on Channel 10, he says that Pasco has the paperless capability in all 360 deputies' cars- we have over 1200 deputies. Again, you do the math....

10-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Rather than jabberjaw with you, I will respond with facts....

All reports must be signed by TWO supervisors before being submitted. Each district has 3 areas, divided into 6-9 zones. Estimate the average deputy(especially in D4 which is VERY busy) writes about 2-3 reports a day- you do the math; thats a lot of paperwork to be read, edited and reviewed. Word has it that we will be on the paperless system in 12-18 months, but for now we are not and we must handwrite/type all reports.

Youll note that in the followup to that report on Channel 10, he says that Pasco has the paperless capability in all 360 deputies' cars- we have over 1200 deputies. Again, you do the math....

Can't you read.......you must be one of our supervisors that signs things without even reading what you were given. I know we are going to go to a paperless system. I think we have been attempting this for several years but like all of our "ITB" projects, we are behind.

I never questioned why the deputies were there......we all know why, to get reports signed. It is a common practice for the supervisors to sit at one location and have the deputies come to them. I am sure the Cpl Andy sits there and gets those troops, while his Sgt is in another location to get those that are not near Andy.

My comment was about why did the Sheriff not go on camera or at least talk to the reporter? Why was he so busy during the time that the media investigated the story and aired the story? One would think that the Sheriff himself, and not someone under him, would try to defend the agency for what we think is right.....or wrong. I think that the citizens of this fine county deserve at least that. But instead he chose not to. He choose, like always, to leave his dirty work to Jose. Makes me wonder if being Sheriff was just not a novelty idea at the time and the novelty is now wearing off.

:devil:

10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
it was channel 28 not 10. 10 has a little more class than to do a story like that. channel 28 is picking the wrong enemy. they remind me of all those south fl news channels who are always trying to find things wrong with le....what channel 28 doesnt realize is how valuable their relationship with le is. south fl agencies do not give cooperation to the news channels down there b/c they're always doing negative stories that are mostly inaccurate.

10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
it was channel 28 not 10. 10 has a little more class than to do a story like that. channel 28 is picking the wrong enemy. they remind me of all those south fl news channels who are always trying to find things wrong with le....what channel 28 doesnt realize is how valuable their relationship with le is. south fl agencies do not give cooperation to the news channels down there b/c they're always doing negative stories that are mostly inaccurate.

My bad, thought it was Channel 10. Thanks for the correction. But for the record, Channel 28 did a follow up to the investigation and explained to the viewers why this happens day after day in our County. They talked to the Counties around us and found that they are paperless. They then went of the air and recomended we do the same. It was then they found out we are in the process of attempting to to get the system up and running.

My whole point is why did the Sheriff not talk to the reproter? We are seeing this more and more. He comes accross great on TV and it would be nice for our citizens to see that HE is on top on this and other things. You would not believe how many people have saked me who is running the Office as all they every see on TV explaining things is the Deputy Chief.

10-12-2006, 06:04 PM
You would not believe how many people have saked me who is running the Office as all they every see on TV explaining things is the Deputy Chief.

There you go again, floating those trial baloons for someone else to run for sheriff. The only thing you left out is your usual "somebody from West Tampa or South Tampa (or Rocky) with some money behind them" to run. You are pathetic.

:!:

10-12-2006, 09:21 PM
You would not believe how many people have saked me who is running the Office as all they every see on TV explaining things is the Deputy Chief.

There you go again, floating those trial baloons for someone else to run for sheriff. The only thing you left out is your usual "somebody from West Tampa or South Tampa (or Rocky) with some money behind them" to run. You are pathetic.

Oh please is that all you can say :oops: ? Why can you not answer the question with something other than it is about an election? Our Sheriff is very well liked by the public, and I want it to stay that way. But it does not look good when a station, any station, makes it look like the Sheriff is ducking an interview. If someone says something about the Office, why can not the Sheriff handle it? That is all. And no I am not floating something for someone else. I happened to have a lot of respect for this Sheriff, but like many others I am starting to wonder what is going on. A reporter contacts the Office about something they feel is a problem, and they can't get an appointment to see the person that was elected to run the Office.

Those that work here knew why the deputies were all there. It would be nice for someone to just say, thank-you we will look into it. And when they do be able to tell it like it is. That a Cpl or a Sgt sit in one location so his deputies can get reports signed and/or make the corrections that need to be made. That at times, we hump all day and then all at once the calls stop and you scramble to get your paperwork approved. To the average citizen this may look like we are being paid to do nothing, when in fact the real facts are not know by that citizen or reporter. And remember the lead into the story looked bad. But with a true explanation from a person that is respected would make someone think twice as to why we do some of the things we do. :devil:

10-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Here's a thought!!!

YOU write a letter to the editor of The Tribune explaining all that.

It might get published.

10-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Here's a thought!!!

It might get published.

:idea: Heres a thought :idea: . I will use this form of media as my outlet :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

10-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Here's a thought!!!

It might get published.

:idea: Heres a thought :idea: . I will use this form of media as my outlet :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That would be because you know that your work would be rejected by a thoughtful editor. You wouldn't get published.

:wink:

10-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Here's a thought!!!

It might get published.

That would be because you know that your work would be rejected by a thoughtful editor. You wouldn't get published.

:wink:

Yeah, that is why I post here, my work is terrible....that and I know the Trib would never print anything bad about this crew as we run that rag.

10-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that is why I post here, my work is terrible....that and I know the Trib would never print anything bad about this crew as we run that rag.

My, my.... you are the master of twisted logic. The quote above is what you said right after posting THIS:

"That a Cpl or a Sgt sit in one location so his deputies can get reports signed and/or make the corrections that need to be made. That at times, we hump all day and then all at once the calls stop and you scramble to get your paperwork approved. To the average citizen this may look like we are being paid to do nothing, when in fact the real facts are not know by that citizen or reporter. And remember the lead into the story looked bad. But with a true explanation from a person that is respected would make someone think twice as to why we do some of the things we do."

That really doesn't look "bad" and is precisely what a letter to the Tribune should say.

You should go for it!!!

:D