PDA

View Full Version : FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO GET PROMOTED

10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35.4.1 A Detective/Corporal shall not be eligible to take the Sergeants exam until after completion of the one year period in the rank of Detective/Corporal.

So, those of you that are getting promoted shortly to Cpl/Det, guess what?
If this contract passes, you will not be allowed to take the Sgt.'s test in July, 07. You will have to wait until the 09 test!

Why, you ask.

The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections will be holding ratification votes at all three Police buildings during the days/evenings of October 17th and 18th, again to accommodate each cycle. Promotion are after this date, thats why!

Questions for this contract:

Can a 2 year rookie take the Cpl/Det test, score well, and get promoted? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Why doesn't the same rule apply to Cpl/Det that are getting promoted to Sgt. soon?

People open your eyes :shock:

Beside the money issue, there are a lot of other things wrong with this contract-----vote it down!

10-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Another big contract change is the minimum rating to keep your MPO pay and senior Cpl/Sgt pay. This is just a power grab by the city. 20 year officers who do not like writing tickets could lose their MPO pay. For those of you who say that can't happen, then why change from the current wording in the contract.

Let's face it. Evaluations are bullshit. Setting your goals is a waste of time. After 10 years on the job you should only be evaluated every 2 years.

If you run into an idiot SGT, good luck. They can rate as they please.

10-11-2006, 06:18 AM
A PBA rep recently came to our roll call to inform us of what was going on and answer any questions we may have regarding the contract.

key issues according to the PBA

1- nothing is guaranteed if we reject this vote. all the numbers start from scratch and they may not go higher. if it goes to an abritrator, they could in fact be lower. (ie, if crime goes up by that time, we cant use that as an excuse for higher pay)

2- regarding the MPO status and losing your pay. PBA said if this contract had been in effect the past 8 yrs, only 2 people would have been affected. so its not an issue. (i think if your that much of a brick, maybe you deserve a kick from behind)

3- regarding the promotion issues. no real good answers other than that is just the way the contract reads.

we were told that in a past negotations with a mayor who liked the police (greco) we only got a 3 percent raise over 3 yrs. and another contract with a mayor who hated us (female mayor before greco) we got a 18 percent raise. so basically we are right in the middle of the road.

Our pay is being compared to many other departments and it is the best. it was eventually leaked to the press what we may get, so who knows how that will be perceived. we may not want to get too greedy when that happens.

also, the fire rescue raises were brought up, and it was confirmed only the brass got raises which was only 5, 5, 3.

and shift bid still 1 year.

just FYI.

i am voting yes and think this is a good deal. i like the 3 hrs court and the MPO pay after 2009. i dont live beyond by means, so i am good. and i also believe one must wait at least 3 yrs to get re-promoted, so i dont mind. i also think FTO deserve at least 230 a month.

peace

10-11-2006, 07:26 AM
You mean you won't be able to make SGT after being a CPl for 12 months, thats shameful.

Thats the best part of the contract, the azz kissers might have to bide there time for once.

10-12-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm hoping to get promoted to the rank of Sgt./Maj. so I can order Carl Milillo around......LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: