PDA

View Full Version : SOAR-OFF DUTY

10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Why doesn't FHP share this money with ALL state law enforcement agencies? They can't get enough troopers to work SOAR with all of their other off duty employment jobs. I would rather work a job enforcing the laws of the state, then standing around at a theme park or construction area. Our managers sure do look out for us, especially when it comes to off duty work :!:

10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
The worst thing about the SOAR is that the DOT pays their overtime, yet DOT officers cant work it. Gotta love the DOT.

11-01-2006, 03:20 PM
DOT doesn't pay for SOAR. It is funded through the legislature every year. It became a permanent fixture in FHP's budget last year or the year before. I'm really not trying to be rude, but why should FHP share their money with anyone else? If they were the ones that fought to get it into their budget why should they give it up? In many areas of the state, soar is the only form of overtime available. If the DOT colonel fought for MCCO to get 16 hrs a week of overtime for truck enforcement, I don't think the troopers would complain about it.

11-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Knight shares with no one except maybe a few of his female employees.

11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
DOT does pay for SOAR, just as they pay for half of the agency such as all of your troop K, I-4 squad, rest area details, etc. Look into it.