PDA

View Full Version : M.I.R.T. "Team" question / contract issue

10-10-2006, 05:17 AM
If QUAD, SAC and some members of patrol squads are being forced to be members of the M.I.R.T. "Team" should they be compensated with specialty team pay? Now, understand that I do know that the M.I.R.T. Team is not used regularly but the possibility exists that they will be called upon if a situation arises. Lt. Hartnett has plans for training scheduled now and in the near future for members of this "Team". He calls it a "team". They train and receive equipment for the tasks they may have to perform. I believe they should be compensated with specialty team pay. Hey, motor units will be getting extra pay if this contract passes!

Please don't reply with a BS comment. This is a serious question. Other so-called teams get extra pay, why not MIRT?

Thanks!

Not a wanna be TRT guy!

10-10-2006, 05:36 AM
The Chief is the one who designates what is or is not a specialty team. Ask him.

I hope you don't consider this a smart a** response, but I read my contract so I know.

10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
WHAT'S AN MRIT TEAM?

10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Mass Incident Response Team aka the old Field Force concept for civil unrest.

10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
WHAT'S AN MRIT TEAM?

It was all the cool guys that Marco liked. I think they even had their own handshake and clubhouse.

10-10-2006, 03:46 PM
[quote="TPD BROTHER":1niqbw9h]WHAT'S AN MRIT TEAM?

It was all the cool guys that Marco liked. I think they even had their own handshake and clubhouse.[/quote:1niqbw9h]

How'd you find out about the clubhouse???

10-11-2006, 07:33 AM
The MIRT team:

Some guys on SAC and QUAD doing some formation training for disturbances. Chances of getting called out without uniformed officers, slim to none. Chances of them showing up before uniformed officers solve the problem, none. I would hardly call that a specialty team.

10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
let them get the specialty pay, but only like FTO's. so they only get it in months that they are used.

10-14-2006, 01:21 AM
FTO's get paid all year long even when there are no PO's. An FTO can go months without ytaining a PO and they still get the specialty pay because they are assigned to the squad.

10-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Well you are correct that fto's get paid irregardless of having a po assigned, however being an fto I have never ever gone close to a month without having a po/reserve/intern.

10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, but being an FTO is a choice, whil QUAD/SAC are being forced to be on the MIRT team.
It's not that big of a deal to me. Its just annoying that we'll have to go deal with all the gung ho wingnuts in training stomp/dragging up the asphalt in 90 degree weather once a month to be on some basically useless team without having a choice in the matter.