PDA

View Full Version : New Cruisers

10-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Well I see the new 2006 cruisers are being issued. You figure they would go mostly to patrol (as they should) to replace the older cruisers in the fleet. Of course people with seniority always seems to get one. There are units in the agency besides patrol who badly need their cruisers replaced, cars that are six to eight years old and for the most part a total maintenance nightmare for our hard working mechanics. I'm not talking about the detective squads but other deputies who do work hard, make arrests but get zero respect. Do they get their junk cruisers replaced of course not. We get told their isn't enough to go around. For the most part I believe that until I see a certain "Corporal" with just about seven years with the agency get "another" new cruiser. He got one of the 2005 Fords last time around and now he is sporting a 2006 Chevy. What if anything was wrong with his Ford? The reasoning I heard was that he is a corporal. But when the cruisers are so badly needed elsewhere the people making the decisions on who gets what gives a new cruiser to somebody who doesn't need it. Check and see just how many reports he has taken in the past 18 months, how many arrests has he made, how many back ups....pretty close to zip! But hey he needs to have it to get to those meetings and whatever he does. Just doesn't make any sense to me! I guess you could say I'm alittle disappointed in not getting either a new cruiser or better older one even though I have more seniority than our special corporal (by the way, I have never been issued a new cruiser). But I'm more disappointed that even a more deserving road deputy, Cop Unit or SRO will be driving his (or her) piece of "You know what" for another year because of a command staff favorite. Oh well, there is always next year!! :?

10-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Don't complain about the major's secretary/corporal like that. He will be one of the next sergeants and deservedly so. After all, he has more than paid his dues and served the community well. He handled how many patrol calls during his pso career? 4 or 5 hundred?

10-10-2006, 11:11 AM
I can answer your question real easy for the vehicles. You are liked or not liked. Nuff said. There are always going to be some people who get new ones every year either by rank or who they know. What I see is the fact that all the 2001 need to be replaced and there is not enough cars to go around. Look at some of the mileage on the 2001 I seen some with 140 to 180 thousand, it is not will they break down it is when.

10-12-2006, 12:37 AM
The main problem is BW decided that the best way to replace his fleet was to use Penny For Pasco money to do it. Now what he failed to realize is that the County not only decides what cars and how many he gets, they now OWN the cars as well. So to those of you with less than perfect driving abilities, do not expect to be able to cannibalize a wrecked car for parts. Why? Because Gallagher screwed BW over this like he has other budgetary issues, and owns the wrecks as well, and has said no stealing parts off of our cars.

Amazing how this whole plan came into effect after a Tahoe was purchased. Oh yeah, that is not a "Patrol car" and is not effected by that decision which hurt all of us in Patrol.

10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Don't complain about the major's secretary/corporal like that. He will be one of the next sergeants and deservedly so. After all, he has more than paid his dues and served the community well. He handled how many patrol calls during his pso career? 4 or 5 hundred?

You idiot, why don't you get a few facts before you make yourself look ignorant and uninformed. I happened to see the Corporal at the motorcycle ride for the MAC team a couple of weeks ago. Like none of you I was man enough to ask him about this posting. Turns out his Ford was in the shop for the third time in the past few months. He did not want to use a marked spare because there were only a couple left. If he had taken a marked spare and patrol needed a car you would have a zone deputy walking I guess. Don't suppose he would have been to well liked for that one either. He drove one of the new Impalas (still waiting to be marked) for three days. His Ford is back and he is driving it again. In fact he said the car was issued to him 3 years ago and he still has the same car. Oh, I forgot, I should have kept my mouth shut. I did not mean to confuse you with the facts. 8)

11-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Confused, you truly are. You quoted someone who didn't say anything about the car. You did however post in reply to his lack of patrol experience which reveals a little about you. Come on man. How many calls did you actually work in your career here? We already know what you got credit for and where the CSU idea actually came from because many of us where present when the idea was first pitched to the boss. Little bald never been a real cop ensured you were a part of the thing because he likes having a yes man. Does he know haw many calls you actually handled and how many you diverted so you could do a traffic stop which made your backup partner take primary on? Was it due to cowardice?