PDA

View Full Version : PIO

10-08-2006, 03:21 AM
So the PIO got himself suspended :D

10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Well. Hope he can take care of business and get back to CPD. The voice of CPD can be obnoxious, but he does do a good job for the agency.

10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, if the Times has all the facts then I just don't understand why he was suspended. What happened to freedom of speech? huh? I don't think he did anything wrong.

10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Sure, use the freedom of speech line. Hey girl..so it's okay to say or call you anything I feel like. Oh no that's a different story. He used to be a nice man but to much BS can bring a man down. You can figure out what/who the BS is.

10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
The thing is, it wasn't "anything" that he said. "That thing"... come on! Grow up. Sticks and stones, this isn't 3rd grade people.

10-11-2006, 01:13 AM
A five day suspension is severe. Obviously someone thought it was wrong.

10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok so I live in a cave can someone supply a link to the story?

10-12-2006, 12:49 PM
There was just a small blurb in last Saturdays St Pete Times. The story mentioned he said some rude comments and was arrogant to the new female PIO with the City Fire Department. Not sure what was said or the context but he must have said a mouthful to get a five day unpaid suspension. With the other goings on, CPD should rethink the nepotism policy also. But that is another story all together but a much better one :twisted:

10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
(See story for Chief Steve Burch)
Yes STEVE, your NOT at CPD anymore where your support staff was there FOR YOU regardless of the way you treated people.
Your Sergeants stood ON THEIR OWN MERIT throughout the state for aggresive police enforcement making sure to dot every I and cross every T which helped YOU get where you are today.

Well, we are two for two now.

One CPD PIO Legend in His Own Mind was WAY OVERDUE for a suspension with a Flagrant history of Treating people like $%$# and a Retired CPD Captain that treated people like %$%^. and now has some Radar Issues to talk about at the next Crystal River Fish Fry.

How can Chief Klein be so insulated from the rest of the PD to allow Wayne Shelor to be so insensitive to the rest of own Organziation? This all came about because Wayne said the wrong thing to the wrong person. If it was someone within CPD, it would have been Business As Usual.

Wayne should be ordered to give a sensitivity class on Chief Kleins " RAH RAH Show".

Umm.. not a bad week for the Nice People.

Life is good.

10-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Police spokesman receives five-day unpaid suspension

CLEARWATER - Wayne Shelor, the Clearwater Police Department's spokesman for the past 17 years, has been suspended for five days without pay after being "rude and condescending" to two female colleagues, according to a city investigation. Shelor, 51, who will begin his suspension Monday, also has been ordered to attend coaching sessions. In separate conversations last month, Shelor was sarcastic to new Fire Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Daly and was believed by another city employee to refer to Daly as "that thing," according to the investigation. Shelor responded to officials that he was referring generally to the Fire Department's problems at providing information to the public, not to a particular person. Shelor, who earns $69,879 a year and has an otherwise clean disciplinary record, would not comment on the allegations.
(Oct 7)

10-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Wow, $69,879 a year, paid more then patrol supervisors, a take home car, weekends off and you don't have to get your fingers dirty cleaning the streets of Clearwater. Not to shabby...

Problem remains you still have to work directly under the Chief of personality.

Dirty Harry
10-18-2006, 12:21 AM
check the intranet sight, he gets more then that. He makes LT pay. I say bye bye and make a LT handle the responsibility. Oh the Chief would then have to write his speeches though, stand away from the Wild Turkey.

Any LT can say, "Investigators are baffled at the this point."

"The investigation is ongoing with numerous leads."

"Spank me Jean, harder."

10-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Well hopefully, the MOUTH on the 3rd Floor and the MOUTH in the Comm Center have been neutralized for a bit....hope Jean knows what she's getting into.

09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Sure, use the freedom of speech line. Hey girl..so it's okay to say or call you anything I feel like. Oh no that's a different story. He used to be a nice man but to much BS can bring a man down. You can figure out what/who the BS is.
Jean, is that you?
Oh, by the way... it should read "TOO much..." There are three of them... to, too, and two. You figure out which one to use where. Sounds like you're familiar with number 2

09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow, $69,879 a year, paid more then patrol supervisors, a take home car, weekends off and you don't have to get your fingers dirty cleaning the streets of Clearwater. Not to shabby...

Problem remains you still have to work directly under the Chief of personality.
..."not TOO ...."

11-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Sorry for this question, but I'm a little behind the smut there at CPD. I noticed just tonight that PIO Wayne Shelor is no longer listed on the Administration phone list. Where'd he go? My gawd, he's been there for decades and made good money for having no college education.

Someone bring this former employee up to speed please?

Thanks in advance.

04-04-2011, 06:32 PM
even if offered wayne knew that LEO "earned" their right to wear the badge. we now have a city replacement that has the nerve to wear a badge?? so much for paying dues and earning the right to wear a badge.

05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Wrong Wrong- Send the pio to the police academy and let her pay some due to earn th right to wear a badge- Other wise take it off until the right is earned- No surprise here the way this place is being run and managed currently :cop: