PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Deputy Arrested

10-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Sheriff's Deputy Arrested

By ROBERT NAPPER
rnapper@highlandstoday.com
Published: Oct 6, 2006

SEBRING — A Hardee County Sheriff’s Office deputy has been arrested on a Highlands County warrant on charges he stalked his ex-wife and damaged another victim’s vehicle.
Hardee Sheriff’s Col. Arnold Lanier said Deputy Eric Michael Thompson, 36, of Sebring, has been placed on unpaid administrative leave after turning himself into the Highlands County Jail on Wednesday night.

“The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office notified us that a warrant had been issued for his arrest and his supervisor drove him to the Highlands County Jail,” Lanier said of Thompson.

The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office issued the warrant in the alleged incident that occurred on Sept. 3.

Sheriff’s reports accuse Thompson of stalking his ex-wife with dozens of phone calls on her cell phone and on the night of Sept. 3, banging on her door, entering her garage and breaking the windshield of a vehicle in her driveway.

Lanier said the Hardee County Sheriff’s Office deals with such situations in three ways: placing the employee on unpaid leave, paid leave or by firing the employee. Lanier said an internal investigation will probably be conducting into the case.

It is unknown how long Thompson will be on unpaid leave, according to Lanier. Thompson has been released from the Highlands County Jail on charges of stalking, burglary and criminal mischief on $12,000 bond.

04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, that Deputy is back on the road now as of March 1st. Funny little thing about it all. If it was as bad as it was made out to be, does any think he would still be working. The only thing that changed is the "victims" stories. Go figure..,,,Peace out.

05-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Yup, I think everyone smelled a rat on that one.

08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
funny thing is, one of the victims was an hcso deputy. if you smelled a rat it was probably your deputy

08-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Ya, its funny....people wanna drudge things up three months after the last post on this topic... Its over,Get a life.. Go back to the Highlands SO board..looks like yall got enough problems to deal with. Its one thing to use your "POWER" and lie on Deputies out of county to get the desired result. But yall cant even close the ranks among yourself...Now thats funny...keep typing hero, it gives everyone else a better outlook on their job. The "rat" is DL, he should of handled the problem himself instead of calling in his buddies, what, he cant make an arrest off duty IF a crime is in progress and he is a witness????? Go figure. :shock:

08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
If ET was so innocent then why did he get demoted.

08-31-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh..its a wise guy...let me educate u a little cause you apparently are clueless in the inner minds of Administration...That my child is the people who make the decisions in a Law Enforcement Agency.... It takes less to convict and condem the Officers than it does the public....If you know "ET" as you put it, than you know he was on Probatin from his promotion with 1/2 a month to go. They dont need a reason to demote you. If he was off of probation, he would still have his stripes. Educate yourself a little on your co-worker, i assume. Go get a copy of the IA, as it is public record im sure you know, and read for yourself, then come back to our little site and post another comment. "ET" never denied wrong doing, but to the extent and lies that was told...it did not happen as you see it....Until then, sit down, go back to your own site and shut up. All the little over achievers that helped in the investigation, we are all proud of you, im sure your proud to...Heaven forbid you get caught up in some bs in your carreer. Let it gooooo :lol:

08-31-2007, 03:56 AM
This is to "GOT YOUR BACK DOG" get an EDUCATION yourself and learn how to spell or at least use spell check. Your grammar sucks. I sure would hate to review your reports. I would rather be a wise guy than a dumb ass. It was just a simple question. Did not mean to get yourPANTIES IN A WAD. Thank you for the insight it did clear up a few things.

11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, that Deputy is back on the road now as of March 1st. Funny little thing about it all. If it was as bad as it was made out to be, does any think he would still be working. The only thing that changed is the "victims" stories. Go figure..,,,Peace out.

We all know the real story. Maybe that deputy felt bad for the arrested deputies kids. To the best of my knowledge neither the ex-wife or the HCSO deputy never changed their story. Besides if the Hardee County deputy was inocent, why did he pay the damages to the truck. One more point if he is so inocent why did his brother come to the ex-wifes house the next day and offer to pay for the deputies damaged truck.

11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Ya, its funny....people wanna drudge things up three months after the last post on this topic... Its over,Get a life.. Go back to the Highlands SO board..looks like yall got enough problems to deal with. Its one thing to use your "POWER" and lie on Deputies out of county to get the desired result. But yall cant even close the ranks among yourself...Now thats funny...keep typing hero, it gives everyone else a better outlook on their job. The "rat" is DL, he should of handled the problem himself instead of calling in his buddies, what, he cant make an arrest off duty IF a crime is in progress and he is a witness????? Go figure. :shock:

Seems to me you have no clue. Were you there that night. You know as well as I do, if DL would have confronted the Hardee county deputy, he would have probablly lost his job. I don't believe DL is a rat, he has a family himself and If I know him like I do he was thinking about his son. Like everbody else, he needs his job.

11-30-2007, 09:48 PM
[quote="BACK IN BLACK":21t8fgvo]Well, that Deputy is back on the road now as of March 1st. Funny little thing about it all. If it was as bad as it was made out to be, does any think he would still be working. The only thing that changed is the "victims" stories. Go figure..,,,Peace out.

We all know the real story. Maybe that deputy felt bad for the arrested deputies kids. To the best of my knowledge neither the ex-wife or the HCSO deputy never changed their story. Besides if the Hardee County deputy was inocent, why did he pay the damages to the truck. One more point if he is so inocent why did his brother come to the ex-wifes house the next day and offer to pay for the deputies damaged truck.[/quote:21t8fgvo]

You know, i was told about things being typed on here about me still. Let me tell whoever this is one thing. If you are that close to the situation that was over a year ago, then you know me. Keep the word KIDS, when your refering to mine, out of your mouth and off this computer. No one need to feel bad or sorry for my kids for no reason. Further more, any part of my family,including my ex-wife. Bad ass people sit back and poke and aint got a f'n clue. Guest 2, and all the other code names on here....You will know when i type something, here i am but leave the family out of it. By the way, that was before the brother knew what the story was. Find something else to worry about. Richard Cranium

12-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Richard Cranium, that's priceless. Good work E.T.

Mod 170
12-12-2007, 04:04 AM
I realize that this topic is getting older, but you guys need to contain speculation and cuts away from people's kids and families.