PDA

View Full Version : Suspect's family has an attorney

10-06-2006, 01:05 AM
The family of cop killer A. Freeland now has an attorney who will ask the Governor to look into “whether or not the police had the right to kill” A. Freeland.

I hope that the family of Deputy Matt Williams will likewise hire an attorney to look into whether or not A. Freeland had the right to kill Deputy Matt Williams. Then sue the b*st*rds

Turn about is fair play

Which brings up an interesting question: With the numerous law suits that are brought against police officers and their agencies, why don’t WE sue the suspects when they violate OUR civil rights. When they batter us. When they are rude to us. When they run from us, putting us in danger of death or great bodily harm. When they defame our character. When they threaten us. When they shoot at us. When they create a stressful work environment for us. And so on…………

Here’s a thought for all those playing the race card: Cop killer A. Freeland was a racisist. If the Deputy chasing him would have been black, A. Freeland wouldn’t have shot him.

My utmost respect, admiration, and love go to Deputy Matt Williams and his family. Matt, you make me proud to be a police officer.

10-06-2006, 02:22 AM
A little info:

Posted: 10/05/06 17:57:51 Post subject: Re: Please advise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info needed wrote:
Any one with a phone number or email for this attorney, The info will be put to good use. I will be bying a billboard as close as I can find to his office, saying I support COP killers....

Grady C. Irvin, Jr.
Chairman of the Firm
Shareholder
email
813.554.3282 Telephone

Here is a link to his website....go get 'em!!!!

http://www.irvinattorneys.com/grady.html

10-07-2006, 02:42 PM
A little info:

Posted: 10/05/06 17:57:51 Post subject: Re: Please advise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info needed wrote:
Any one with a phone number or email for this attorney, The info will be put to good use. I will be bying a billboard as close as I can find to his office, saying I support COP killers....

Grady C. Irvin, Jr.
Chairman of the Firm
Shareholder
email
813.554.3282 Telephone

Here is a link to his website....go get 'em!!!!

http://www.irvinattorneys.com/grady.html

You're going to "by" a billboard saying you support COP killers? That'll fix him :lol:

10-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Which brings up an interesting question: With the numerous law suits that are brought against police officers and their agencies, why don’t WE sue the suspects when they violate OUR civil rights. When they batter us. When they are rude to us. When they run from us, putting us in danger of death or great bodily harm. When they defame our character. When they threaten us. When they shoot at us. When they create a stressful work environment for us. And so on…………

You show a remarkable lack of understanding of the law, for someone who purports to be a law enforcement officer. Guess that HCC dipoma didn't do much for ya. Who could have quessed.

When people threaten you, or shoot you, or resist, or batter you, they are criminally charged. The injured party filing the charges, or the plaintiff, is the state of Florida or some other legal entity, (like City of Tampa or the US govt), not the victim of the crime. A crime was commited against a LAW of the plaintiff, ie against a Florida STATUTE. If convicted they will be fined and or incarcerated by the state. We call this criminal or public law.

A tort is private or civil law. The injured party is the plaintiff, whose rights were violated. These may be constitutional rights or legislated rights. One right you refer to is the right of free speech. You don't like free speech when people exercise it in your direction. People always and at all times have the absolute right to speak their opinion of you or to you. If they believe you are stupid, or fat, ignorant, or evil, they are free to say so. They can also recount any episode that occured that featured you, with any opinions whatsoever, as long as the account that they render is factual. They can say you are an arrogant, ignorant, evil SOB, but they can't state that you are a pederast (unless you have been convicted).

By the nature of your job, you have developed certain delusions. The ability to wield power and punish people who aren't doing anything wrong just because you feel like it has made you believe that you deserve respect because of your uniform. You don't. CT, let me break it down for you. If you want to be treated respectfully, treat others respectfully. Listen to what they say, and then act according to common sense and due reason. GIve people with clean records the benefit of the doubt. Don't give cits to people who aren't doing anything wrong just because you have had a bad day tracking the predators. If you don't want to be called an evil prick, don't be an evil prick.

If you can't stand people exercising their rights, if your skin is that thin, you picked the wrong job. Find another before you are eaten up by bitterness and hatred, if it isn't too late.

And, might I add, I find it amazing and laughable that you let certain things eat at you. Its wonderful to see. Perhaps you do have a conscience after all, contrary to popular belief. Maybe you should apologize to those you wrong instead of whining and crying about the lack of respect you find in the field. When you f#@% with people, they tend to f#@% back, longer and harder. Also, if you f#@% with the wrong people when it isn't deserved, it can come back to bite you in many ways for many years. Think about that next time you do the wrong thing, bro. And in your case, try true repentance instead of whining. At least in your own mind, it won't be over until you do the right thing.

10-28-2006, 11:21 PM
You show a remarkable lack of understanding of the law, for someone who purports to be a law enforcement officer. Guess that HCC dipoma didn't do much for ya. Who could have quessed.

When people threaten you, or shoot you, or resist, or batter you, they are criminally charged. The injured party filing the charges, or the plaintiff, is the state of Florida or some other legal entity, (like City of Tampa or the US govt), not the victim of the crime. A crime was commited against a LAW of the plaintiff, ie against a Florida STATUTE. If convicted they will be fined and or incarcerated by the state. We call this criminal or public law.

A tort is private or civil law. The injured party is the plaintiff, whose rights were violated. These may be constitutional rights or legislated rights. One right you refer to is the right of free speech. You don't like free speech when people exercise it in your direction. People always and at all times have the absolute right to speak their opinion of you or to you. If they believe you are stupid, or fat, ignorant, or evil, they are free to say so. They can also recount any episode that occured that featured you, with any opinions whatsoever, as long as the account that they render is factual. They can say you are an arrogant, ignorant, evil SOB, but they can't state that you are a pederast (unless you have been convicted).

By the nature of your job, you have developed certain delusions. The ability to wield power and punish people who aren't doing anything wrong just because you feel like it has made you believe that you deserve respect because of your uniform. You don't. CT, let me break it down for you. If you want to be treated respectfully, treat others respectfully. Listen to what they say, and then act according to common sense and due reason. GIve people with clean records the benefit of the doubt. Don't give cits to people who aren't doing anything wrong just because you have had a bad day tracking the predators. If you don't want to be called an evil prick, don't be an evil prick.

If you can't stand people exercising their rights, if your skin is that thin, you picked the wrong job. Find another before you are eaten up by bitterness and hatred, if it isn't too late.

And, might I add, I find it amazing and laughable that you let certain things eat at you. Its wonderful to see. Perhaps you do have a conscience after all, contrary to popular belief. Maybe you should apologize to those you wrong instead of whining and crying about the lack of respect you find in the field. When you f#@% with people, they tend to f#@% back, longer and harder. Also, if you f#@% with the wrong people when it isn't deserved, it can come back to bite you in many ways for many years. Think about that next time you do the wrong thing, bro. And in your case, try true repentance instead of whining. At least in your own mind, it won't be over until you do the right thing.

You are an idiot. If someone causes you to be injuried while performing your job you can seek civil action against that person. Just because the person is charged with a violation of a law by the SOA does not mean you forfeit your right to sue. It has happened many times and many times the LEO wins.

simpleman
10-30-2006, 11:25 PM
A tort is private or civil law. The injured party is the plaintiff, whose rights were violated. These may be constitutional rights or legislated rights. One right you refer to is the right of free speech. You don't like free speech when people exercise it in your direction. People always and at all times have the absolute right to speak their opinion of you or to you. If they believe you are stupid, or fat, ignorant, or evil, they are free to say so. They can also recount any episode that occurred that featured you, with any opinions whatsoever, as long as the account that they render is factual. They can say you are an arrogant, ignorant, evil SOB, but they can't state that you are a pederast (unless you have been convicted). Wow, you must be an attorney to turn a statement about "torts" into a free speech issue. No, you probably are a wanna be attorney, or maybe, a wanna be LEO. By the way where exactly did you copy and paste the definitions that you used?

When people threaten you, or shoot you, or resist, or batter you, they are criminally charged. The injured party filing the charges, or the plaintiff, is the state of Florida or some other legal entity, (like City of Tampa or the US govt), not the victim of the crime. And, tell us oh learned one how these actions are not also torts, come on, you can do it. :lol:

By the nature of your job, you have developed certain delusions. The ability to wield power and punish people who aren't doing anything wrong just because you feel like it has made you believe that you deserve respect because of your uniform. By the nature of our job we have to guard against the abuse of power. Stating that we, as a group, develop delusions as a result of the power we are granted is a paranoiac assumption on your part. But then again your jejunely opinions are of little interest to me or any other professional law enforcement officer. We have heard it all before, just not expressed so eloquently even though, it mostly appears to be plagiarized from a left wing rhetorical diatribe.