PDA

View Full Version : Another post from the P.B.A. website

10-05-2006, 03:14 PM
T. A. Lunge

Ok, so the PBA sends out a survey to the troops and asks what WE want to bring to the table... and what is this silliness that we are then "fighting" for now? As a senior guy I am more interested in benefits then token pay raises. What happened to the health insurance for retired workers that everyone BEGGED to get, for example?

You “negotiators” are focused on money and the 7.5/ 6 / 6/ or some other insane and unattainable number. Then you bring 4.5 / 4 / 4 and / or except this number to the table. And you’re worrying about who gets overtime on holidays, .20 an hour more for shift bid and who gets to keep their gun upon retirement? Are you kidding me??????? This is a god damn joke! This is what we have waited months to hear???????

As an agency we have reduced crime over / at least 40 % in the last 4 years. This was done by the hard work of the troops… not the management. Let’s fight for stuff that would benefit the workers:\

1. Lets work on a serious health insurance and long term care package for retirement.

2. Anyone that makes it to MPO, Senior CPL, or Senior SGT should keep their pay grade unless they commit some heinous crime or complete act of insubordination. These people are the true back bone and workers or this agency. They know the streets and how to get the job done. You take a guy with 20 or so years of street police work and you know he has a handle on what’s really going on out there. Traffic tickets and made up “stat” numbers should not be a factor in their value to this agency.

3. Floating holiday? What kind of crap is this? We get 11 holidays a year… You want to float one, then bank it and do so… This is what the PBA is working on?

4. Wear a vest or not????????????????? This is now part of the contract? We are running the contract to arbitration for this? Who is running this “show”?

The bottom line, for all of you in the “negations committee”… Listen to your constituents, fight for the things that WE want. Forget your private agendas.

I have been a member of TPD and the PBA for over 18 years. This contract farces has been an embarrassment to the PBA and to the rank and file members! There is not a single troop that I have talked to that does not think that this, as well as the entire way this contract has been negotiated, is not in the TOTAL interest of troops. And, really, that’s why we pay our dues and YOUR salary… to look out for us!

Get on board…. Work for us.. Listen to us.. Work for and give us what We need and Want!

WOW, SOMEBODY WITH BALLS. AMEN BROTHER!

10-05-2006, 06:06 PM
7.5% insane? 7.5% of current MPO pay is 4950.00. Hey, who received 7.5% percent of MPO pay? Let me see. Oh, your major. They need it though because 110,000.00 is not enough for them. But the troops are greedy! Give me a break.

Is quite simple. Vote No.

10-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Don't be afraid to vote NO on the contract. Don't settle for less.