PDA

View Full Version : Shame

10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
I do not work for your department I am not even a police officer.
I just wanted to ask one thing about the recent events that happened in Polk County.
I do know one of your officers and after the shooting I called to see if they were going over there to assist and they told me that they could not go and their supervisor would not let them unless the ones in charge asked for their help.
That is a shame because I am not a cop but do know how yall feel about one another when something like that happens. The person I know was sickend by that response, and they told me that there was atleast 10 of you guys that could have been there within a hour.
I bet all of those other departments did not wait on someone to call, knowing that they had plenty of other things to worry about.
Who ever is in charge of the Tampa area should be ashamed and their supervisor should do something about it.
I pray that another police officer does not get hurt or god forbid one of your officers do not, but I'm quit sure that all of those other departments that were in Polk County will not wait on Tallahassee to call and ask them for help.

I would like to thank all of you real police officers for the job that you do

SOMEONE SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Wait just one moment,

Within the first critical hour after the shooting, DEP was on the scene. Two Detectives from the Tampa Office were on the perimeter, where I’m told they remained until late into the night and Tallahassee knew they were there.

Not saying that you are incorrect, but you might want to check with your source.

Check and see if it was Patrol or Investigations

10-30-2006, 02:31 AM
While you are correct that DEP had two detectives respond you must have missed the fact that they responded on their own, dont make it sound like they were sent. Also BEI is run with a different hand, they are thought of as law enforcement, not park rangers, by their Capt. No officers were allowed to go to the search. Some were specificly denied. I agree that it is a shame. I am also ashamed that officers were denied permission to attend the funeral.