PDA

View Full Version : Plantation Officer Quits after incident with prostitute

09-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I am shocked. I like the part where it says he was on a leave of abscence. Meanwhile, looking for a better paying job. Guess he won't get it now.

Plantation officer quits after incident with prostitute in Orlando

By Lisa J. Huriash
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted September 29 2006

PLANTATION · A city police officer has resigned after internal affairs investigators questioned him about allegations he picked up a prostitute in Orlando.

Officer Ernesto Williams was on a leave of absence from the department May 3 when an Orange County Sheriff's deputy saw him pulling off to the side of the highway and stopping traffic "so that you could readily allow a known prostitute entry into your personal vehicle," Police Chief Larry Massey wrote in a Sept. 5 memo to Williams.

"Engaging in this type of conduct tarnishes the law enforcement profession, erodes the public trust and serves to invite the contempt of the community," Massey wrote.

Williams quit Aug. 18, the same day he was brought into the Plantation Police Department for questioning, according to records released this week. Williams, a six-year veteran who earned $47,262, could not be reached for comment.

At the time of the incident, Williams, 41, was on a leave of absence to look for work in Georgia. He was driving on Orlando's Orange Blossom Trail, in an area police there call "Prostitution Heaven", when he saw a woman wearing a blue mini-skirt and a black and silver top, according to police documents.

The woman later told Plantation Internal Affairs Sgt. Darren Brodsky that she thought Williams was soliciting sex.

Williams told Plantation investigators the woman leaned in his window and asked for a ride. He said she was wearing a knee-length skirt and didn't look like a prostitute.

Deputy Andre Riley, who pulled Williams and the woman over, told Plantation investigators Williams appeared to be soliciting the woman.

Riley said Williams told him at the scene, "Before you get your hopes up high, I'm a Plantation police officer," but he didn't have his police credentials. Deputies issued him a citation for impeding the flow of traffic.

Plantation police investigators concluded Williams violated policies of "conduct unbecoming" an officer and lack of truthfulness. "When he worked here he was conscientious and a well-thought-of officer," said Michael Hanlon, president of the police union. "When I heard about it I said, `Are you kidding me?'"

Massey said he will refer the case to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate. The agency oversees officer certification and allegations of misconduct.

Lisa J. Huriash can be reached at lhuriash@sun-sentinel.com or 954-572-2008.

09-30-2006, 12:14 PM
SO WHAT!

09-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Good job, Orange County, hope your happy you ruined a fellow officer's career over a harmless vice. That could have, and SHOULD HAVE been squashed. Some guys are just not on the page.

09-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Did he do something wrong?, we'll never know! was the deputy there? NO!
Was there an electronic listening device on the girl? NO! So we dont really know if he solicited for the purpose do we? He was NOT arrested, but got a citation from a deputy who should work for FHP if he's into citations. Fellow Brother and Sister OFFICERS, That county doesnt care who you are, be careful, they PROFILE!! and its alllowed by their administration.
They're just a bunch of hotdog rednecks who abuse their authority...

09-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Are you being serious? Come on now... you can not defend every mistake every makes or talk crap about every cop who gets put in the situation of having to make that call.
Without knowing specifics:

If it walks like a duck (or on this case a hooker) it is. As a cop he should have known better then to place himself in that situation. End of story.

Don't blame the deputy. Yeah in previous situations I would agree with you that OCSO has some mindset issues. But in this one? You can't blame the deputy for not arresting an idiot dumb enough to disgrace us all by even associating with a hooker. Once again, as a cop he should have known better, as a cop it should have turned his stomach to even think about picking up one of those animals (Allegedly of course).

At least he did the right thing afterwards and didn’t waste the FOP's money.

And you are right, all of us should be careful up there, our agency isn't representing to well...

10-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Are you being serious? Come on now... you can not defend every mistake every makes or talk crap about every cop who gets put in the situation of having to make that call.
Without knowing specifics:

If it walks like a duck (or on this case a hooker) it is. As a cop he should have known better then to place himself in that situation. End of story.

Don't blame the deputy. Yeah in previous situations I would agree with you that OCSO has some mindset issues. But in this one? You can't blame the deputy for not arresting an idiot dumb enough to disgrace us all by even associating with a hooker. Once again, as a cop he should have known better, as a cop it should have turned his stomach to even think about picking up one of those animals (Allegedly of course).

Youre missing the big picture.... HE WAS NOT ARRESTED!!!!!!!! FACT!
He'll get a good lawyer just like the scum we put in jail and defend his certification. We or you can't monday morning quarterback what happened by simply reading the newspaper. If you believe everything the media has to write, thats your issue.

At least he did the right thing afterwards and didn’t waste the FOP's money.

And you are right, all of us should be careful up there, our agency isn't representing to well...

10-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Youre missing the big picture.... HE WAS NOT ARRESTED!!!!!!!! FACT!
He'll get a good lawyer just like the scum we put in jail and defend his certification. We or you can't monday morning quarterback what happened by simply reading the newspaper. If you believe everything the media has to write, thats your issue.

First you bad mouth the deputy, blame them for ruining his career, accuse them of profiling and then associate them with FHP. Yet because they did not arrest another cop he must be innocent and they must be scum bag cops. Everyone of them right?

News flash genious: He quit during the investigation! Sounds like an innocent man to me. The problem is when you get cops like you who defend every single bad dicsion by other cops, you end up voiceless when an officer really needs you. People (other cops included) don't want to hear the BS that no cop can ever do wrong. Instead when a cop gets accused of the bullcrap that he really didnt do (90% of the complaints) THEN we need to rally around him as a single body.

You should instead direct your anger at the retard that tarnished us all by his conscious choice, because when you or I get in trouble and need support we are going to have to battle the tarnish he left behind.

Moral of the story: dont pick up hookers, watch HBO.

10-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Get the facts straight before bad mouthing the deputies. Don't believe everything you read in the paper. For example, the fact that he was given a warning initially to get lost and instead of leaving, he went down the street alittle bit later and parked again and was caught with the same woman.

10-04-2006, 08:18 AM
who knows the whole truth, but I do know I was given a ticket by those deputies up there too. I know for a fact I will not ever extend any courtesy to anyone associated with a Orange Co. Deputy.

And yes, I too feel that PROFILING was an issue......so guess thats how they play up there, oh well.......

10-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Leave the soliciting arrests to the pros, ohhh your fighting big crime, get on your motor and get a life!

10-13-2006, 08:56 PM
You know Damn well what he was doing but it should'nt matter. If he's gonna get "Banged" (No Pun Intended) for attempting to PU a hoe....the same proof that applies to Joe Blow should apply to him. If Not. Leave him alone.

11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
OCSO, dont come to Plantation :roll:

11-01-2006, 10:46 PM
No big loss. The guy was an idiot anyway.

11-02-2006, 02:54 AM
yea he shoulda remained a PSA

08-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Why go all the way up there when theres a female who works here who will do it for free if your married or not?

08-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Why go all the way up there when theres a female who works here who will do it for free if your married or not?
Whos that?

08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Whos that?[/qu

YEAH WHO DATS IS ???????

08-08-2007, 02:26 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Why go all the way up there when theres a female who works here who will do it for free if your married or not?
Whos that?[/qu

YEAH WHO DATS IS ???????[/quote:3r3wwf7m]i knw who hes be talkin; the one with the sargnt

10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Appears to me that it may have been a politically motivated move by your Chief of Police. Lets make everyone forget how ass backward we are by screwing a fellow cop. I think common sense and discretion should have been used by all parties in this case. The ocso, plantation officer and the police department.

10-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Appears to me that it may have been a politically motivated move by your Chief of Police. Lets make everyone forget how ass backward we are by screwing a fellow cop. I think common sense and discretion should have been used by all parties in this case. The ocso, plantation officer and the police department.\

Whats new? And youre just figuring this out with the city now?
btw he was no loss, nice guy...just didnt belong in an uniform.

12-25-2007, 11:41 AM
You know, as a law enforcement officer, we are held to a higher standard. We put away almost practically anyone that violates the law. I don't who that guy was, but damn, I have enough common sense to know that I would not even dare to talk, even less pick up anyone with a mini skirt walking/trudging down a street. That chick from what I can tell was a prostitute. Also, I know OCSO is a controversial agency that loves to put cops behind bars given the chance, but wasn't one of your Officer/Instructor arrested up their for DUI? I think it was Primeu or something like that?

05-24-2012, 05:18 PM
The bottom line is this: What crime did he commit? I know law enforcement are held to a higher standard but the law is the law and if there is no proof of a violation why destroy someone just because you think this is what he was doing. It's black or white, either there's a violation or not. Present the evidence. Even the prostitute said she thought he was soliciting but no one said he actually made any verbal statement to that effect. Since when is guilt determined by "well, he should have known better" or "it appears that that was what he was doing". I know the system is not perfect but if there's a violation then by all means arrest him. The simple fact that the deputy let him go should tell you that he witnessed no violation of the law. I mean, if this is the case, why bother even having probable cause or trials, we can just find people guilty because we thought they were going to do something whether or not they actually do it. And yes, what he did was dumb but not necessarily criminal and yet I'll bet he never finds another job in law enforcement after this even though he was never convicted of any crime. Yet this will be in his file even though he was never convicted. That's not right. Apparently you don't have to actually violate the law anymore to be guilty. And, as far as being in violation of ethics or code of conduct where does it say you can't give someone a ride? Again, not smart but is it a violation to be stupid? Most departments have something in thier policy about not associating with a known felon but prostitution is a misdemeanor and that's assuming you know it's a prostitute. again, yes, he probably knew but tell me what law he actually broke. And he's not a criminal because he was never convicted and if you call him one with out proving it and do damage to him, such as causing him a career, which is basically what having this in your file will do, is tantamount to defamation of character. Your telling people this is what he did when he has not even been arrested, much less convicted, of this crime. And I guarantee if he was arrested for it he wouldn't be convicted of it because there is no proof he commited a crime, much less even a violation of moral standards, ethics, or policy. Again, where's the proof?

05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
You know Damn well what he was doing but it should'nt matter. If he's gonna get "Banged" (No Pun Intended) for attempting to PU a hoe....the same proof that applies to Joe Blow should apply to him. If Not. Leave him alone.

I agree. If it were Joe Blow nothing would have been done because there was no violation of law witnessed. The proof of this is the deputy that let him go. I understand law enforcement are held to a higher standard but at the same time the courts have ruled that they don't have to give up thier basic rights. I think he should have gone to an administrative hearing with this instead of taking a stipulated settlement. it wouldn't have mattered in the long run, nobody will hire him with this on his record anyway.

05-25-2012, 01:48 AM
So whats the difference, guys go home for lunch have a couple of drinks and get laid.

05-29-2012, 04:44 AM

If he was gonna "PU a hoe" he woulda gone to Home Depot. :snicker: :snicker:
(go weenies go) :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-23-2012, 06:13 PM
All of plantation pd whores themselves out to the city commision on a daily basis. The mayor is clueless and the majority of the commision is as well. You girls and guys need to stand up for yourselves and demand some contract reform. The city residents are getting screwed tax wise and with a volunteer fire dept the money is being pissed away. Start doing something and maybe the city population will stand behind you

10-31-2012, 02:36 AM
All of plantation pd whores themselves out to the city commision on a daily basis. The mayor is clueless and the majority of the commision is as well. You girls and guys need to stand up for yourselves and demand some contract reform. The city residents are getting screwed tax wise and with a volunteer fire dept the money is being pissed away. Start doing something and maybe the city population will stand behind you
Hey from afar I know who you are, hey that rhymes. listen stay gone, didnt like ya when you were here and the same goes now, we like you GONE :cop: