PDA

View Full Version : The city has played the usual game...

09-29-2006, 07:36 PM
and most of us will be stupid enough to vote yes.

They have thrown a bone to several groups:

F.T.O.
Detectives
mids & eve officers
other specialty squads

Most of these people will vote yes to get these "benefits" even though the city has offered chump change on the contract.

But for those of you that will vote yes, I ask that you think it through, especially the young guys.

You might vote yes to get these small "benefits" but you might get bumped from the F.T.O., mids/eves, or other specialty squad by more senior officers and end up with nothing!

Lets all be smart and stand our ground. We are in a good position to get more money, but in order to get it done we have to stand united. I ask that you to look at the post about the Miami Police Department. Look at the picture. That is the type of unity that we need. That is the type of unity that I have never seen at T.P.D. and the city is going to play that card.

The time has come my brothers, stand strong, stand united. VOTE NO!!

BE SAFE!

09-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm an FTO, and If the raise is not HIGHER than 5-5-5, I'm voting no......even with the $230 they're offering for FTO squads.

09-29-2006, 09:15 PM
I am a person who believes that we do have good leadership at TPD, but the officers are the ones that have made everyone look so good the last three years. All the people that make the decisions about how much money we will be getting as a raise need to stop bragging about the lower crime rate if they are not going to give us what they have given themselves. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I personally think 555 is a NO vote just look at the whole picture everyone. As everyone is saying just stick together.

Be safe and GOD bless the Deputy and his dog that lost their lives and be with the other injured Deputy and their families.

09-30-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey GUEST, you wrote "The time has come my brothers, stand strong, stand united." How can we stand united if you won't tell us who you are so we can stand next to you in unity?

09-30-2006, 05:14 AM
I am a person who believes that we do have good leadership at TPD,

You are kidding right ? Not when it comes to our Chief and the two AC's.

They are not leaders. They are a mix of administrators and politicians. Ask yourself this, if a foreign army was marching down Florida Ave would you follow any of those three into battle.

09-30-2006, 01:33 PM
The real shame of it all is that the three on the City that are Police Officers have completely forgotten "where they came from". Sarah Lang is expected to be in her role. Its very sad that they now are pitting themselves Against officers in an adversarial role because they became "management", and then expect to be greeted whole heartedly into the whole.

09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Actually the real shame is that you think this is something new. This has occurred with every contract at TPD since the beginning of time. So why you think it would be any different now is confusing. When you move up the food chain, you become management, simple as that. As an old retired sgt used to say, 'they get BB bawls'. Meaning they lean towards what the city wants and don't necessarily do what's right for the troops. It's a given. They're protecting themselves and their own jobs. It happens at TPD and every other business in America. Get used to it and stop saying stuff like, 'they forgot where they came from'. They know exactly where they came from. It's where they're at which is why they behave this way.

09-30-2006, 08:26 PM
So your saying that as you gain rank you have to give up what you know is right. I disagree with this. It is a choice they make and must live with. The sad thing is it appears as though they are not losing any sleep over their decisions.

10-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Stick together and vote no. I'm talking voting down a 555. The city has successfully scared the membership with their retarded 333 and shift bid decoy. It worked. You need to regroup and vote no. I don't care if the contract does not get ratified til next summer. Retro active pay is a given. Once again all your talk means nothing unless you vote this down.

VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Amen! Vote No.