PDA

View Full Version : Update from the PBA message board

09-28-2006, 10:24 PM
The PBA and the City met at 1430 hours today. There are two issues remaining, one being the shift bid and the other salary. The City has withdrawn the proposal to change the shift bid, so it will remain unchanged.
The remaining issue is wages. Both parties will meet again tomorrow morning. There will be more information after tomorrow's meeting.

Sounds like the city gave up on the shift bid, stand by for the lowballing when it comes to wages. Their gonna claim they gave up the shift bid issue now they will want us to give up money.

15% minimum or nothing.

09-28-2006, 10:44 PM
I just wish we knew what had been agreed upon.

09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Do not think for one second that this board and the rumblings within the department did not have an effect in changing the city's position on the shift bid.

From what I heard during the past week, a change in shift bid would not have passed. Now lets see if we can get money.

Everyone wants a 5,5,5,..............

lets have some fun and start the speculation

I say

City will offer 4,4,4 max..........

We will settle for a 5,4,3.....same percentage, the raise will just be loaded on the front!!!!!

09-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Why.... If we stand strong during this election session, 5,5,5 is possible. If we start the defeatist talk now, 5,4,3 - that is what will come back. The PBA is already caving - going from the original 20% over three to 15% (a 25% drop in our proposal for NOTHING in return). The mayor gave herself a 15% raise, with a new clause to automatically adjust for cost of living - must be nice. The majors got a HUGE bonus. and we (the ones who drove crime down! Just 12% over three years with no clause for adjustments for the cost of living.

Lets see,

Will the cost of our insurance go up - YES
Will the cost of our pension contribution go up - YES
Is Inflation going to go up - HELL YES Inflation is on the climb, currently 3.94 and projected to be over 4% by January 07. It is expected to keep climbing, so a 4% raise this year would mean NO REAL RAISE, we break even for all our hard work. Each year after that we go backwards at least 1% - or more depending on how high it climbs... Boy that motivates me to continue to work harder - NOT!

Don’t believe me - Check out this website.
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/imag ... _chart.htm (http://inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Annual_Inflation/annual_inflation_chart.htm)

5,5,5 or no contract (I would say even more, but the union caved to this already). :(

09-29-2006, 12:32 AM
The Tribune thinks city employees are already overpaid.

Check out the Trib's lead editorial today (9-28-06) that says city employees have over-generous pay, health plans and pension plans.

It is hard for the mayor, city council, etc. to give in very much during negotiations with negative publicity like that.

Maybe the PBA reps should ask for a talk with the Trib editorial board to discuss their position. All of the elected officials meet with the board every time they are up for election in an effort to get editorial support.

Getting editorial support from the Trib could be a winning strategy.

-----------------------

If you are afraid to try, maybe you ARE overpaid.

8)

09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Would not be suprised if that story was not FED to the tribune in an attempt to keep our raise low.

From what I hear this staff has a way of creating the news the way they want it portrayed.

09-29-2006, 02:25 AM
They think you are over paid.............they must think the school board lost their marbles when they gave their sup a raise.......she now makes $235,000.........and kids are going without books!