PDA

View Full Version : PROTEST / DEMONSTRATION

09-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Today we marched on City Hall, stating that the City of Miami is dangerous, has a shortage of officers, officers are underpaid, working without a contract, overworked, etc....we had about 400 officers show up and march in front of City hall during the first budget meeting for the year of 2007, then marched in the streets of Coconut Grove. Hopes are that contract talks will begin tomorrow. However, the new city manager has said, that our (police and fire) pension is not within his budget guidelines basically. They want to terminate our pension and give LESS into our heathcare. Miami used to be 4th in the nation for pay....now we are 35th lowest in Miami Dade county. (about 5 from the bottom) The heat is on high in the streets of Miami. Stayed tuned, hope you guys fight hard and stand strong and remember stay UNITED! God Bless to all.

Our next protest is scheduled for October 10th (tentatively)

Miami Police Officer

09-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Do you have an email or phone number we can call to let our support for you be known?

09-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Posted: 09/28/06 20:21:18 Post subject: Miami Herald Coverage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15629815.htm

Check out the Miami Herald article on-line. This is what you guys have to do in Tampa.

Terrific pictures.

Should make you guys proud.

09-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I have never seen that type of unity at T.P.D. :(

09-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I have never seen that type of unity at T.P.D. :(

I havent seen it here either until now. I see the attack on pensions becoming the "in" thing for politicians. Get the word out. Its something that we all need to get behind. Good luck and stay safe.