PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the technician's gone?

09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Officer: "Put me on the list for a technician."
Dispatch: "10-26, e.t.a. sometime next week."
Officer: "X-4"

Officer thinks "What do I care, I can stay X-6 on this criminal mischief all day long now,"

Patrick Young
09-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow, that call sign sure brings back memories!

09-28-2006, 08:58 PM
If you here during the 96 riots or the mini one in 04, then you should know Sgt. Waldo's character and ability. Go ask him your question, I'm sure he won't mind explaining just exactly where his techs are to you. Having worked with him, I'm also sure he can tell you how many more calls they handled than you did too... good luck

09-28-2006, 09:36 PM
To someone who knows you sure made it a point to say go ask someone who does

Fact of the matter is this...

Officers are waiting far too long for technicians, we do not have enough. Our technicians handle more than 5 times the workload as their counter parts for the County if not more. Sounds like our officer's workload doesn't it!

Having more officer-technicians helps a little bit, but it is only placing a baid-aid on a sucking chest wound!

As far as your post regarding Sgt Waldo's character during the riots I will give you his decisiveness during the 04 thing, however what has he done since taking over the techs? Seen a lot of good guy letters on something that a technicians NORMAL job was. Saw one a couple of weeks ago of how good a job a technician did in processing a MISDEMEANOR call for many hours! WTF????

Again...we need more technicians if the ones we currently have are going to be supported in taking too much time - getting to, during and processing the call!

09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Its gonna get worse because several technicians are being pulled from calls to assume the duties of downloading digital pictures into their datbase.

Another fine example of progress. Close the photo lab, reassign the tp peope who were doing the job and now expect the technicians to pick up the slack

09-29-2006, 07:29 PM
if techs werent called before they were needed and didn't have to stand around people wouldn't have to wait. Making a tech wait for a sub to come out why someone else could really use them thats team work.

09-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Ya know when it comes to the techs I have one in mind that doesn't seem to think that a Felony Battery / False Imprisonment is worthy of her time. She even says there's no such thing as a felony battery which I found interesting b/c there is, uh oh, a state statute for it.. Guess thats why she's the Technician and we're the officers. Teamwork by the way is the tech showing up and processing what they're told to process, last time I checked it was the cop doing the investigating no the picture taker person.

10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Its to bad that the sworn side of the house has such a negative attitude toward your technicians. I guess that they don't understand that for every hour on the scene, there is two hours in the lab/station. Across the water, we are operating at only 60% of assigned strength, but we're handling in excess of 400 calls for service per month. Our response time to Tampa Palms can take almost 45 minutes. So remember you could be doing your own dusting and collecting, then trying to explain it to the jury.

10-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Sorry, was dusting my own scene and choked on some dust.

I put myself through ID Tech so that I could assist our technicians. Most of the technicians are tremendous, don't get me wrong. I hope that the good techs we have are not feeling unappreciated, for us officers working varied shift...we do appreciate them.

But writing a memo that is emailed to everyone about processing some powder found in front of a house and calling everyone but the Hollywood CSI lab...come on, most of our techs are fed up with the crud