PDA

View Full Version : He's here now

09-28-2006, 02:36 PM
New NCCo Police chief sworn in
By DAMIAN GILETTO, The News Journal

Posted Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 7:36 am

Col. Rick Gregory takes the oath of office from New Castle County Executive Chris Coons. (Buy photo)

The News Journal/DAMIAN GILETTO
Col. Rick Gregory was sworn in this morning by County Executive Chris Coons as the new chief of the New Castle County Police Department.

Gregory said he plans to spend his first few days on the job meeting as many officers as possible and offering a gameplan for the next couple of weeks.

Gregory also added he's excited to be a part of the process and considers his new job as "a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"I'm excited to join a department that is on the cutting edge in a lot of ways," Gregory said. "I think this department has the ability and is equipped to handle just about anything."

Gregory, 44, previously worked for the Florida Highway Patrol for 22 years in various roles.

10-07-2006, 02:33 AM
New NCCo Police chief sworn in
By DAMIAN GILETTO, The News Journal

Posted Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 7:36 am

Col. Rick Gregory takes the oath of office from New Castle County Executive Chris Coons. (Buy photo)

The News Journal/DAMIAN GILETTO
Col. Rick Gregory was sworn in this morning by County Executive Chris Coons as the new chief of the New Castle County Police Department.

Gregory said he plans to spend his first few days on the job meeting as many officers as possible and offering a gameplan for the next couple of weeks.

Gregory also added he's excited to be a part of the process and considers his new job as "a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"I'm excited to join a department that is on the cutting edge in a lot of ways," Gregory said. "I think this department has the ability and is equipped to handle just about anything."

Gregory, 44, previously worked for the Florida Highway Patrol for 22 years in various roles.

Why would he give up 22 years, when he almost had his retirement locked in place?