PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a police dept that takes laterals

09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Hello to all,moving up to Tenn,east Tenn. am currently employed as aSergeant in Florida. Looking to maybe find a Police or sheriffs position,,,,,,,,,,,,

09-30-2006, 04:06 AM
You can't lateral from state to state Gomer. You can't even lateral from State to State agency in your home state of Florida

09-30-2006, 02:31 PM
[I see your not too smart,several agencies do take laterals and give a four to six week course to know thier own rules ,laws, and regulations..........we just had some leave florida and go to georgia nad north carolina,,,,,,,,,stupid.

quote="Anonymous"]You can't lateral from state to state Gomer. You can't even lateral from State to State agency in your home state of Florida[/quote]

10-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Please excuse the first response to your query. As a Sergeant of Police you must understand that idiots will be idiots. I believe that the TN POST honors Florida POST standards, but I'm not 100% sure. If they do and you get hired by a agency in East Tennessee you just have to take the TN POST written exam to be certified. Please do not let the immature response shape your opinon of law enforcement in East Tennessee. The writer was obviously not "Real Police."

10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I knew he didnt know what he was talking about,,,,,thanks for the info

Please excuse the first response to your query. As a Sergeant of Police you must understand that idiots will be idiots. I believe that the TN POST honors Florida POST standards, but I'm not 100% sure. If they do and you get hired by a agency in East Tennessee you just have to take the TN POST written exam to be certified. Please do not let the immature response shape your opinon of law enforcement in East Tennessee. The writer was obviously not "Real Police."

10-05-2006, 02:23 AM
OK...both you Bozo's. You Cannot lateral State to State. A Lateral would be....Gee...I'm a Lt. in Fla. Can I go to Tenn and be a Lt. NO. You can start over again at the bottom and work your way up but you can not LATERAL.

Lateral [lat-er-uhl]
Pertaining to or entailing a position, office, etc., that is different but equivalent or roughly equivalent in status, as distinguished from a promotion or demotion: a lateral move.

10-05-2006, 02:25 AM
OK...both you Bozo's. You Cannot lateral State to State. A Lateral would be....Gee...I'm a Lt. in Fla. Can I go to Tenn and be a Lt. NO. You can start over again at the bottom and work your way up but you can not LATERAL.

Lateral [lat-er-uhl]
Pertaining to or entailing a position, office, etc., that is different but equivalent or roughly equivalent in status, as distinguished from a promotion or demotion: a lateral move.

10-06-2006, 12:24 PM
thanks for that tip,,,,,,,now go back to school and or at least get your GED.

Lateral [lat-er-uhl]

10-07-2006, 08:51 PM
With that incredible scathing reply, I can only bow my head to your massive intellect and walk away saying.....Nanny Nanny Doo Doo.
........D u m b a s s ................ :D

10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
All that is required as a LEO from Florida to become certified in TN is to challenge the POST exam here. You will have to provide the curriculum for your academy from Florida and then your hiring agency will send to TN POST to challenge the test. Once you pass the test you are certified. You can work for a short time as a LEO in Tn before challenging the test. As long as your academy was equal to TN you are good.
Been there and done it. Won't go back to Fl either.
Feel free to email me ... if you have more questions...

jm1196@aol.com