PDA

View Full Version : Reqeust for Show of Solidarity

09-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

For those of you who are unaware, the Tampa Police Dept is currently in negotiation with the City of Tampa for our contract. It expires this week.

Our last contract was 3 years ago. Since that time, our health insurance cost has doubled, most property taxes for us have gong up 30-45% and our pension contribution rate was over 10% of our income at least one of these years.

Mayor Pam Iorio gave the administration of the department bonuses earlier this year in the $1000s. She cited a double-digit crime reduction in the city for 3 strait years.

Now that we have entered negotiations she has decided that we haven’t been doing that good a job. She has offered us less than 1/3 of what we asked for. She has basically DEMANDED that we give up one of our best benefits (our ability to shift bid based solely on seniority). If we refuse we are offered nothing. All offers thus far have been very low numerically and tied to us forfeiting this benefit.

It should also be noted that this mayor gave the Fire Dept raises of 6/6/6% over 3 years.

Our negotiations have now STOPPED. I am asking for any and all Brothers and Sisters to email, write or call the City of Tampa Mayors office and register their dissatisfaction with her lack up support to the Police Officers that have provided her the foundation (3 years of double-digit crime reduction) for her re-election in a few months.

Please contact her on our behalf. If and when you face the same situation PLEASE let us know via our board and your brothers and sisters at TPD will do the same.

TPD Officer
Let Them Never Be Forgotten!

09-28-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm all over it, just as soon as I finish my 3rd off duty job to try to pay my bills. I have to go to the Library because the monthly highspeed is too expensive for our salaries. I'll do as soon as I get back from my financial planner who says i have to work 30+ years because my retirement won't make it. Then I have to look for another job immediately.

Just as soon as I get that done buddy I'm there for you, how do you spell that name again I-O-R-I................. :roll: :roll: :roll:

someone is very Naive'

09-28-2006, 03:51 AM
FHP starting salary 2006 -$33,310.80 yearly

OCt 2005 TPD salary- -$40,456 yearly

TPD annual bonuses/liberal vacation

ummmmm I'm busy pal good luck

09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Heck, I'm with ya. It won't take more than 10 minutes to send an email. They probably won't read it but at least it will put the thought in their head. I have stood in front of city counsels and asked for them to get a raise. The city officers then wrote letters to their legislators requesting a raise for me. It worked out nicely!

Troopers, write an email for these guys, post a copy of it here, then see if the TPD guys will do the same for us when it comes time for us to bug the legislators for a decent salary. You might be surprised.

09-28-2006, 02:29 PM
If you will read the post about resources in Hillsborough county, you will see that a retired Deputy already took the time to write to the newspaper for us.