PDA

View Full Version : Request for show of Solidarity

09-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

For those of you who are unaware, the Tampa Police Dept is currently in negotiation with the City of Tampa for our contract. It expires this week.

Our last contract was 3 years ago. Since that time, our health insurance cost has doubled, most property taxes for us have gong up 30-45% and our pension contribution rate was over 10% of our income at least one of these years.

Mayor Pam Iorio gave the administration of the department bonuses earlier this year in the $1000s. She cited a double-digit crime reduction in the city for 3 strait years.

Now that we have entered negotiations she has decided that we haven’t been doing that good a job. She has offered us less than 1/3 of what we asked for. She has basically DEMANDED that we give up one of our best benefits (our ability to shift bid based solely on seniority). If we refuse we are offered nothing. All offers thus far have been very low numerically and tied to us forfeiting this benefit.

It should also be noted that this mayor gave the Fire Dept raises of 6/6/6% over 3 years.

Our negotiations have now STOPPED. I am asking for any and all Brothers and Sisters to email, write or call the City of Tampa Mayors office and register their dissatisfaction with her lack up support to the Police Officers that have provided her the foundation (3 years of double-digit crime reduction) for her re-election in a few months.

Please contact her on our behalf. If and when you face the same situation PLEASE let us know via our board and your brothers and sisters at TPD will do the same.

TPD Officer
Let Them Never Be Forgotten!

09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
What the hell does TPD's contract or Mayor have to do with MSO? Either way, her decision does not affect MSO, we don't even have a Union .

CTFUUU
09-28-2006, 01:09 AM
What the hell does TPD's contract or Mayor have to do with MSO? Either way, her decision does not affect MSO, we don't even have a Union .It's called brotherhood for a reason dumbass! TPD does work their asses off and you might want to thank them for assisting MSO by arresting our latest SG6, that was found in their jurisdiction!

Your attitude is exactly what's wrong with this brotherhood. Now GUEST, sit down, shut the fugg up and stand the fugg down!

09-28-2006, 02:24 AM
mr CFTUU

uuuh check your pay and then check TPD, and then think, will TPD or has TPD done anything before this date to assist us in any way? Have you heard any concern for our position prior to this date?

Sure we're brothers, but he lives in a nicer neighborhood, in a nicer house, with a newer car and makes more than I do, He'll also retire at a much higher rate than I will. .......I have a hard time feeling bad right now, maybe that's just me.

How about let's see some TPD faces around here when we try to get paid before we help our richer cousins by a newer Escalade.

CTFUUU
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
SMH......Nevermind, I can see you are a YOUNGSTER! You only think of yourself, sad shame that it is.

Templar of Truth
09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
You're misguided ctfuu don't care about people that dont care about you, I have neveer seen or heard from any TPD until now. Why because they want us to assist them in keeping their status as the highest paid LEO's around. I won't bother

09-28-2006, 12:56 PM
TPD's pay does affect our pay here. MSO does compare what we make with other neighboring agencies and they do consider that when deciding our pay increase.

That is why we are where we are today. Hillsboro SO and Tampa PD have helped with the past raises, otherwise you would be starting at $30,000/yr instead of $40,000/yr. :D

09-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Big diff tween TPD & MSO pay. Reasons:

~Manatee Co. doesn't have an urban core like Tampa w/ its attendant crime rate
~TPD requires college education, but MSO only requires g.e.d.

CTFUUU
09-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Like I said...it takes a selfish, ignorant son of a bish to not understand TPD's plight. It can and may affect all of the surrounding agencies monies one day! Thank God I'm not related to that idiot, he might cut my throat just to enhance his own agenda....geesh

09-28-2006, 11:15 PM
IF YOU ARE A DEPUTY THEN YOU ARE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
YOU ARE THEREFORE TIED IN SOME WAY TO ALL THE OTHER LAW ENFORCENT OFFICERS IN THE WORLD, WHETHER YOU HAVE HEARD OF THEM OR NOT. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME JOB AND DEAL WITH THE SAME GARBAGE EVERYDAY, AND YES WE ARE ALL UNDERPAID. TPD HASNT ASSISTED US HUH, WHO CAUGHT THE SIG 6 FOR US, (OR WAS IT HSCO, YOU GET THE POINT).
YOU ARE IN THE WRONG LINE OF WORK IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO HELP SOMEONE THAT HAS HELPED YOU IN THE PAST.
TO MY BROTHERS AT TPD , ANYTHING I CAN DO.

09-28-2006, 11:22 PM
IF YOU ARE A DEPUTY THEN YOU ARE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
YOU ARE THEREFORE TIED IN SOME WAY TO ALL THE OTHER LAW ENFORCENT OFFICERS IN THE WORLD, WHETHER YOU HAVE HEARD OF THEM OR NOT. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME JOB AND DEAL WITH THE SAME GARBAGE EVERYDAY, AND YES WE ARE ALL UNDERPAID. TPD HASNT ASSISTED US HUH, WHO CAUGHT THE SIG 6 FOR US, (OR WAS IT HSCO, YOU GET THE POINT).
YOU ARE IN THE WRONG LINE OF WORK IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO HELP SOMEONE THAT HAS HELPED YOU IN THE PAST.
TO MY BROTHERS AT TPD , ANYTHING I CAN DO.

Well put,"LR".

10-19-2006, 07:12 AM
mr CFTUU

uuuh check your pay and then check TPD, and then think, will TPD or has TPD done anything before this date to assist us in any way? Have you heard any concern for our position prior to this date?

Sure we're brothers, but he lives in a nicer neighborhood, in a nicer house, with a newer car and makes more than I do, He'll also retire at a much higher rate than I will. .......I have a hard time feeling bad right now, maybe that's just me.

How about let's see some TPD faces around here when we try to get paid before we help our richer cousins by a newer Escalade.

It's Ms. CFTUU young buck. TPD is getting paid to deal with a large city with a much higher crime rate and population. Ever drive through College Hill? Ever drive through any REAL housing projects? Oakwood is not the real projects. And FYI they dont make that much more than us. Their benifits are not as good as ours, such as insurance and FRS. Obviously your starting deputy pay here was not $7.99 an hour ike mine was.