PDA

View Full Version : COMM CENTER

09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Why did PM get the boot and who will replace him?

09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Why? There is no valid reason. He was employed under a special managerial type contract (not protected like a regular employee) under the discretion of the Chief of Police.

They approached him with a trumped up (not OPS) accusatory allegation of wrong doing. He denied the allegation and challenged them to prove it. (He spoke directly with the Chief who had nothing good to say about the incident nor was he able to provide him with any positive reinforcement.) Without any real or supportive evidence his challengers had no choice but to drop the allegation. (The allegation was not worthy of going through OPS because it didn’t have any factual or supportive evidence to prove misconduct)

Soon afterwards, he received a termination notice.

Common sense and sound business practices were put aside. If there had been an identifiable problem (as in the case of any employee) that employee should have been advised of the problem and afforded the opportunity to make any necessary corrections a number of steps before going to the extent of termination. Unfortunately, such practices didn’t exist in this situation.

Many employees will stand aside, not wanting to get involved, rock the boat or even voice an opinion on the matter. Many forget that all employees, regardless of rank deserve to be treated in both a proper and fair manner.

Look for someone on the Chiefs “insider” roster to replace him

10-14-2006, 11:33 AM
It's about time they got rid of him, maybe they will get someone in there who actually cares, they need to give VM the boot to, he's a worthless piece of crap also!

10-14-2006, 01:33 PM
It was VERY NICE to hear a comm center employee quit last night. This person is mean and condescending. There will be much rejoicing, as we all sing the lines from the Wizard of Oz....Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead. Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old Witch at last is dead! Oh by the way, you are not better than anyone else. You are fake and materialistic. :idea: WAKE UP!

10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I was going to respond to this but I think I would just add fuel to the fire so I wont. but I will say I hope you realize you are not only hurting the person you are talking about, but the family as well.

10-14-2006, 03:44 PM
It was VERY NICE to hear a comm center employee quit last night. This person is mean and condescending. There will be much rejoicing, as we all sing the lines from the Wizard of Oz....Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead. Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old Witch at last is dead! Oh by the way, you are not better than anyone else. You are fake and materialistic. :idea: WAKE UP!

Who quit??

10-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Clue: Who is close to forty and wears children clothes. Thinks she is all that. Dear "Fuel to the Fire". This person NEVER had a good word to say about anyone. Lets all rejoice, from the top now. "Ding-dong the.........

10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
i will have to agree with posts about this person. when i was in training a few years ago, i believe she did everything she could to get me fired. i am no longer there. i only hated a few people in my life. i think the center is better off without her because i knew others she was mean to also. her male friend in the center was mean to, i forget his name.

10-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Her Male friend still works there, and everyone knows his name. I've heard he has distanced himself from her because he has "grown" into somewhat of a man, I think. Before anyone rejoices and brings out the libations, about "the one that walked out" be advised, she has never done THAT before, and she might get herself some type of TREATMENT for her walkout and with the right doctor that has the right Penmanship, could be back in your Playground. Communications Center Staff might THINK she's gone, but City Hall is another world, and CWA does work wonders at times, regardless of what others think. Hold on......I think shes flying back in on her broom now... !

10-17-2006, 02:48 AM
OMG that is so funny and true. Thanks for the humor!!

10-17-2006, 02:51 AM
CWA membership has its benefits. You have to be a member to receive them.

10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
LDD has some major mental problems. She probably has that attitude cause she is so small. She has to make her self look better, but it just makes her look like an idoit. Why she thinks that she is better than anyone else is beyond me. Oh and her male friend is in the same boat as she is. He'll never me a man.

10-18-2006, 04:56 AM
You do not have to be a Paying member of CWA to enjoy the benefits.

10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Well hopefully, the MOUTH on the 3rd Floor and the MOUTH in the Comm Center have been neutralized for a bit....hope Jean knows what she's getting into.

10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Oohhh what cruel & nasty things are being said about us.

Maybe the problem isn’t the staff in the center and the true problem is the supers? I mean when one gets pulled over in the north end all the time & one is always out sick or the other is flexing everyday, maybe that might have something to do with our problems & moral??? I mean, when was working from home an option?? I didn’t get that memo from VM. Hopefully the new Commander will clean house behind the desk and they might have to actually have to do some work.

It’s ok for DD to be out sick for five months & work when ever he wants to or even from home. I hope that gets questioned & looked into.

As far as staff in the center goes, the quality has gone down hill! I mean when all you hire is GED people, you are going to get GED results. Nothing but little kids working in the center & if you’re an officer reading this, I hope you up your life insurance policy cause the current people on the radio suck & can’t handle it.

10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Seeing you can't voice your opinion in the center anymore you have to use this venue. Really!!! Grow up and buy some adult clothes that fit. Remember you are closer to 40 than you are 12 :twisted: Employees with legitimate medical problems should be excused from work. The young people in the center are the ones keeping midnights going. The will gain experience. Just go away. You sound like your husband now. Oh it's never my fault. :shock:

10-23-2006, 09:21 PM

11-01-2006, 03:17 AM
With over 1300 views to this post I thought there would be more comments. Come on the give us your best tale.

11-02-2006, 09:10 PM
No reason to post anything when its D going to this site everyday cause he has no life

11-14-2006, 06:30 AM
While it's been years that I've worked in the Comm Center, it doesn't seem like it's changed much - just the faces. I've worked in a few other departments since the mid 90's and also worked the other side of the mike. CPD Comm Cntr problems are not unique.

It is what it is - Road units always think Comm Cntr (Radio room where I'm at) is always having fun and not doing their job. Comm Cntr thinks road units just ride around all night goofing off and visiting their girlfriends. Same crap, different lattitudes. What everyone knows but refuses to acknowledge is that when crap hits the fan, everyone does their best to make sure everyone goes home - no matter what side of the mike you're working. I've worked with lazy cops on the road, I've worked with trainees on the radio who had no business being there. Doesn't matter if you're 1 of 2 units on the road an entire shift, or the only dispatcher in the radio room (I've been both) you always think it's better on the other side of the mike.

What you don't see in Clearwater, but I've seen where I am, is that there are times when a road officer has to come in and work the radio for a shift. My agency cross trains officers to work radio. They're already NCIC certified because of their in-car computers, they already know 10-codes, and they already know how to speak to the public in person, so what's a 911 call on the telephone? Yet no matter who's sitting in the 'hot seat', they always think the other end of the mike is goofing off.

There are times it always sounds better on the opposite end of the mike. Directing traffic in -23 weather during a snow storm (yes that's MINUS 23 degrees) and hearing laughter on the radio really sucks. So does being out on a traffic stop on a rural road, knowing your back up is 20 minutes away (yes, I said 20 Minutes, not seconds!) and all you have is your dispatcher who knows where you are, who your out with, and how many subjects are in the vehicle. (here to tell ya, those Academy training tapes where the unit is out on the stop alone getting his ass kicked isn't staged! You guys have it so good!) Yet so does being so busy with units running call to call, and dispatching Fire Department to a fully engulfed structure requesting mutual aid and hearing a police unit's mike click-click and worrying something's wrong, when actually he/she is sitting down to "Code-7" and you haven't been able to use the bathroom in 6 hours because no one is around to relieve you really sucks too.

Your problems aren't unique guys - just the names are changed to protect the innocent. I've been there, count yourselves lucky to have all the equipment you need (and not have to buy your own like some places I know-ahem) and up to date computers (and not typewriters, computers and 100mhz radios that are older than...I am (remember the green screens and the loud key boards? I know where some are!).

Ya gotta get out to see how lucky you had it. That's why people leave and come back, and those that stay complain how bad it is. With winter coming, I'd be glad to take someone on a ride along (bring a couple pair of long underware and your vest and short winter jacket) and any time you want to take my solo shift on afternoons, I'd gladly let you work with Firemen who love to hear themselves talk on the radio, and think a stubbed toe is reason to call for a helicoptor, and dispatch more than 4 agencies - all with completely different unit numbers. Oh yea, and do both jobs for half of what you're making now - Only Police Chiefs make more than 50 grand.

It takes more than the Quarterback to win the game, if not, he wouldn't need his team to get the job done. He'd just hike the ball to himself, throw, run down field, catch it himself and cross the goal line. He's gotta have people around him to move the ball. He can't do it alone - Yet his job is just as important as the punter, every guy on special teams, and the guy whos job is to kick the winning field goal in the BCS big game. All positions work hard to win the game. (Go Blue!)

Feel blessed, because I feel blessed having once worked at CPD.

11-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Nice little story.

Tell the Northern Chief I said "Hi".

Go Blue (Michigan) gave you away.

Are you working as a Reserve Officer, Dispatcher or Field Hand. ......?

:)