PDA

View Full Version : recruiting trip

09-23-2006, 01:14 PM
While scanning through the staff meeting notes posted on the board I couldn't help but noticing that Asst. Chief Gordon was out of town with recruiting Sgt. Davis on a recruiting trip. Then I pondered some questions:

Why is an Assistant Chief going on a recruiting trip? Sure is alot of money to spend to collect some applications. Isn't he needed at the department? after all he is one of the top managers.

Shouldn't they have sent the newly asigned recruiter to go with the senior Sgt. recruiter so he could be trained how to recruit on the road?

Where was the destination of the recruiting trip? Hopefully not Atlanta again. The same two only came back with a half dozen applications last time they went to Atlanta. More money well spent.

I wonder how many applications they will bring back this time and what the average cost per application ends up being?

HMMMMMMM....I wonder?????????

El Guapo
09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
heard they went to New York

09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
The Sgt. has family in NY. Just look at how often she goes and how many apps. she comes back with. Rather poor ratio between the number of apps. and the number of actual hires out of NY.

09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
I read the same staff notes and I don't understand either. The department is run by a pathetic bunch of clowns, would you expect anything different? Next time they will probably take Baker with them. Then it dawned on me if there in New York then they are not here F#*king things up. I wish I was such an idiot that they would make a position for me and give me a pay raise. Only in St. Pete can you be a pathetic leader and get promoted.

09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
The recruiting "unit" is a creative way to stash those who could not do police work. Thanks to Rink, the "unit" was created for his ex and a sgt who couldn't figure out how to make decisions on the street. Now they drive/fly to all over to "recruit". What a cost-effective way to do biz - NOT. Based on the caliber of who gets hired, what a yield it is, too! Figure in the cost of salaries, vehicles, etc is it any wonder there isn't enough $$ for police work.

09-25-2006, 06:18 PM
The press should look into the true effectiveness/cost of the recruiting section. Consider that crime in St Pete - auto thefts, sex crimes, drugs - are out of control and there isn't enough $$ to properly handle it with resources, equipment?

Also, why do CERTAIN people outside the "unit" accompany the recruiters on these city-sponsored jaunts? It's the same people over and over. Interesting group of friends... I mean dedicated co-workers. Ha! It's not like it's top secret that it's a way to goof off. I guess ya just gotta be invited to the party!

09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Do white officers ever go on recruiting trips??

09-26-2006, 12:30 AM
It is interesting who goes with the recruiter, but do you want to spend time traveling with her. I think you are permitted to go with her if you choose. Give her a call and ask. You can have my spot, because I do not plan on being her travel partner.

09-26-2006, 01:51 AM
I find it amazing that they travel the country in an attempt to recruit people. When I applied (I know I screwed up) I couldn't get the recruiter to talk to me and give me any information let alone have them fly to my home state. The recruiter I talked to was useless and is still in recruiting which is no surprise.

09-26-2006, 03:43 AM
they were helpful for me :D

09-28-2006, 03:37 PM
they were helpful for me :D

How? Did the recruiter give you a letter of reference to a employment elsewhere?