PDA

View Full Version : CATCHING FLEEING FELONS

09-23-2006, 08:40 AM
As long as Graham Fountain and Binder are in charge, do not try to catch any fleeing felons. You'll be fired!!!!

Doesn't matter that the Offender shoots people or at the police, it only matters what gun you carry. If you happen to have a rifle DON'T DISPLAY IT!!!!! You'll be fired!!!

Of course this refers to Officer Jorge Fernandez, a dear friend of mine, who was unjustly fired.

Fountain and Binder: The punishment doesn't fit the crime! You guys overreacted, thing is, your subordinates (Command Staff) kissasses, are too scared to tell you.

As far as Jorge goes, all I have is good things to say about him. He helped us all out during Andrew, Y2K and volunteerd to instruct is in Commercial Enforcement for Trucks. He is truly a victim of unjust and selective management.

My condolences go out to all MCC Officers that have to work for these guys.

Hopefully when we get a new governor, we can get rid of Fountain & Binder.

SOUTH FLA COP

10-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Can you elaborate more on what happened regarding this officer being fired? I woul like to hear the whole story.

Thanks

10-08-2006, 10:23 AM
IT IS A SAD STORY. I DO NOT WORK AT DOT, BUT AS THE NEWS PRINTED IT IN THE MIAMI HEARLD AND WHAT I COULD GET FROM HIM, OFFICER FERNANDEZ AND OTHER DOT OFFICERS WERE WORKING OFF DUTY AT A NIGHTCLUB WHEN A SHOOTING OCCURRED. THE OFFENDER FLED ON FOOT FROM THE SCENE AFTER HAVING SHOT LIKE 3 PEOPLE. OFFICER FERNANDEZ GAVE CHASE WITH ANOTHER OFFICER AND CAUGHT THE OFFENDER. HE DID THIS WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT. THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT DOT SAW WAS THAT HE DISPLAYED A RIFLE THAT WAS AUTHORIZED BY HIS SUPERVISOR, BUT NOT DOT. WHEN THIS NEW GUY FOUNTAIN CAME INTO REIGN AT DOT, HE TERMINATED OFFICER FERNANDEZ. RUMOR HAS IT THAT OTHER OFFICERS ALSO HAD RIFLES, BUT HE WAS THE ONLY ONE FIRED, GO FIGURE?

ACCORDING TO OFFICER FERNANDEZ, THIS IS WHAT HE TOLD ME, THE RIFLE HAD BEEN PURCHASED AT A GUN SHOP, WITH AN AUTHORIZATION LETTER FROM HIS BOSS DURING THE BRADY BILL BAN PERIOD, BUT HE TOLD ME THAT HE DID USE IT FOR POLICE WORK. AGAIN, GO FIGURE? EITHER WAY, HE DID DISPLAY THE RIFLE TO CATCH A FLEEING FELON THAT HAD JUST SHOT SEVERAL PERSONS. I BELIEVE THAT THIS FOUNTAIN GUY OVER DID IT WHEN THEY FIRED HIM. I MEAN, HE DID CATCH A FELON WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CONSEQUENCES.

IT'S FUNNY THAT THIS HAPPENED CAUSE HE WAS AWARDED THE OFFICER OF THE YEAR AWARD BY THE DOT FOR DOING THE SAME THING YEARS PAST.

FOUNTAIN'S ACTIONS DURING THIS CASE WAS A CASE FOR DOUBT AND HE SHOULD HAVE USED BETTER JUDGEMENT. FERNANDEZ COULD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED OR REPRIMANDED.

FOUNTAIN SUCKS FOR FIRING FERNANDEZ!

10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
You should get your facts straight since what you are saying greatly differs from the actual truth!

By the way, why did "Little Jorge" get fired from the Railroad Police? Something about a midnight 315 run down 836? Let's see if you can get those facts straight!

10-10-2006, 02:41 AM
You should get your facts straight since what you are saying greatly differs from the actual truth!

By the way, why did "Little Jorge" get fired from the Railroad Police? Something about a midnight 315 run down 836? Let's see if you can get those facts straight!

DEAR CONFUSED, YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE "POLICE BUSYBODIES" THAT HAS ERRONEOUS, AT MOST, INFO ABOUT PEOPLE.

YOU KNOW, IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, BROTHERHOOD MEANS ALOT, WHERE DID YOU LEAVE YOURS?

IT'S FUNNY YOU TALK ABOUT THE FEC POLICE CAUSE, I WORK RIGHT BY THERE AND THE CHIEF FROM THE FEC TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT HE DID NOT HAVE ANY PROB.'s WITH HIM. YOU CAN CALL HIM YOURSELF IF YOU WANT SINCE YOU ALREADY LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT OTHER COPS LIVES, THAT WAY YOU CAN CORRECT YOUR NOTEPAD. BESIDES HIS POSITION WAS TRANSFERRED TO NEW SMYRNA BEACH, THAT'S WHY THEY HIRED SOME OTHER GUY WHO MOVED UP THERE. THAT'S WHEN HE GOT HIRED WHERE HE IS AT NOW.

AS FAR AS THE BEACH INCIDENT WITH JORGE GOES, YOU SEEM PASSIONATE ABOUT TRASHING HIM. I ONLY KNOW HIM TO HAVE BALLS, BIGGER THAN YOU PROBABLY. SO YOU SHOULD LOOK HIM UP AND GET WHATEVER YOU HAVE OFF YOUR CHEST.

THIS POSTING WAS DIRECTED AT THE B.S. THAT D.O.T. DOES TO THIER OFFICERS. LOOK AT VINCE KNIGHT??? THEY ARE PRACTICALLY KISSING HIS A** NOW.

SEE THAT, YOU ONLY HAD TO SAY A FEW WORDS AND I ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU ARE A RAT!

TAKE CARE RAT!

10-10-2006, 02:48 AM

Jorge: If you are reading this you'll know that I am the one who did your background. Railroad did not Fire you. Railroad wanted you to move to north fl. Whoever writes that is talking crap. I invite them to look at your filew.
Don't worrk about him Jorgie, you are a good guy. Thanks for re-enlisting in wartime and thanks for always being there for us. God bless our VETS.
SOUTH FLA COP: you r right, this guys smells like "una chiva"
baaaaahhhhhh, baaaaahhhhhh.

J.C.

10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
SO FLA COP, you are misinfromed. The shooting at the club many years ago where your boy pulled his rifle didn't go down as you say. I was one of the first officers on the scene.(second to be exact) While your buddy was standing around holding his rifle, my partner grabbed the subject as he was running from the club in a crowd of hundreds. He was transported to our station by my partner where a GSR test confirmed he was the shooter. Your buddy beat feet shortly after the crowd dispersed and our shift commander had to call DOT and have them send him back to the scene since he chose to simply leave the scene of a shooting at a club where he was working without so much as talking to the local agency! As for the rifle, I whole heartedly believe every cop should have one, but know when and how to use it! You gonna pull a rifle amidst a crowd of hundreds of people running? Why? You shouldn't discuss things when you don't have the facts and you weren't there. However, I will speak for many Beach cops when I say we are glad he is no longer getting on our frequency and calling off 19's on non-commercial vehicles in our city. He had a rep with us as being a 43. He should have stuck to his job description.

10-10-2006, 07:03 PM

DEAR CONFUSED, YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE "POLICE BUSYBODIES" THAT HAS ERRONEOUS, AT MOST, INFO ABOUT PEOPLE.

YOU KNOW, IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, BROTHERHOOD MEANS ALOT, WHERE DID YOU LEAVE YOURS?

IT'S FUNNY YOU TALK ABOUT THE FEC POLICE CAUSE, I WORK RIGHT BY THERE AND THE CHIEF FROM THE FEC TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT HE DID NOT HAVE ANY PROB.'s WITH HIM. YOU CAN CALL HIM YOURSELF IF YOU WANT SINCE YOU ALREADY LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT OTHER COPS LIVES, THAT WAY YOU CAN CORRECT YOUR NOTEPAD. BESIDES HIS POSITION WAS TRANSFERRED TO NEW SMYRNA BEACH, THAT'S WHY THEY HIRED SOME OTHER GUY WHO MOVED UP THERE. THAT'S WHEN HE GOT HIRED WHERE HE IS AT NOW.

AS FAR AS THE BEACH INCIDENT WITH JORGE GOES, YOU SEEM PASSIONATE ABOUT TRASHING HIM. I ONLY KNOW HIM TO HAVE BALLS, BIGGER THAN YOU PROBABLY. SO YOU SHOULD LOOK HIM UP AND GET WHATEVER YOU HAVE OFF YOUR CHEST.

THIS POSTING WAS DIRECTED AT THE B.S. THAT D.O.T. DOES TO THIER OFFICERS. LOOK AT VINCE KNIGHT??? THEY ARE PRACTICALLY KISSING HIS A** NOW.

SEE THAT, YOU ONLY HAD TO SAY A FEW WORDS AND I ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU ARE A RAT!

TAKE CARE RAT!

What was done to the supervisor who authorized the carrying of the rifle on duty :?:

10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Jorgie; WATCH OUT, you are amongst the rats! Oh and don't worry I know what really happened man. This guy is just trying to trash you. Screw them and keep doing what you are doing, you're doing fine.

I can still remember how the SAO wanted to award you and Manny LEO of the month for catching this guy, so don't worry about it.

You are always going to have jealous people that are going to trash others.
By the way, I didn't know that the BEACH would hang you out like that?
He is probably a needle in a haystack that just hates everyone and is in everyones business.

Must be one of your "so-called" friends. I always told you to be careful!

Take Care

J.C.

10-12-2006, 06:22 PM
First, I want to address Mike and J.C.

Guys, thank you for writing nice things about me, but please don't. This is what you get when you are in the company of police officers.

BACKSTABBING, SNITCHING & JEALOUSY

I appreciate you opening this forum after we spoke, but just let it be. Good or bad, someone will always be there to talk crap. I never in a million years thought that this issue would resurface after 7 years.

Although the event at the beach had a positive outcome, it is a sensitive issue for them so please let it die.

As for MBPD, you represent your department well by talking bad about other policemen. I invite you to contact me at work. If you know that much about me and my life, then you'll know how to call me.

My apologies go out to the men and women of the DOT that had to read this B.S. article that I never authorized. This was just a couple of friends trying to vindict an issue that is behind me in life.

Thank you.

Jorge F. de Lara

10-12-2006, 11:37 PM
You shouldn't discuss things when you don't have the facts and you weren't there. However, I will speak for many Beach cops when I say we are glad he is no longer getting on our frequency and calling off 19's on non-commercial vehicles in our city.

MBPD: 1st, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, IT WAS YOUR CITY THAT GAVE HIM THE QRU TO USE THE RADIO, AS HE DID HERE WITH US, IT WAS ONE OF OUR RADIOS THAT OUR STAFFMEMBERS GAVE HIM AND YOUR STAFF WANTED HIM TO BE INTOUCH WITH YOUR DISPATCH. IF YOUR OFFICERS HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM, YOUR BOSSES SHOULD NOT HAVE ALLOWED HIM ACCESS TO THE RADIO. 2nd, IN SPEAKING ABOUT STICKING TO JOB DESCRIPTIONS?, APPARENTLY YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SHOULD'NT DISCUSS THE THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT BECAUSE DOT OFFICERS HAVE STATEWIDE (FULL) POLICE AUTHORITY WHERE DID YOU GO TO THE ACADEMY??, YOU ARE PROBABLY A RE-RE-PHASE FROM FTO. 3rd, WE ALL WORKED WELL WITH JORGIE AND HE WAS NEVER A PROBLEM FOR US. IN FACT, WE WOULD CALL HIM ALL THE TIME TO HELP US OUT WITH FATALITIES INVOLVING TRUCKS AND IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, SO DID THE BEACH. AND WE ATTENDED ALL THE DUI CHECKPOINTS WE HAD. IN THE END, HIS NOTRIETY WITH US WAS THAT HE IS A GREAT OFFICER AND GREAT INVESTIGATOR, HE'S A "GOGETTER" AND, NAMELESS (AND) ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER P.O.'s IS COWARDLY AND MEAN NOTHING TO REAL P.O.'s NEXT TIME, PASTE YOUR NAME TO YOUR COMMENT.

A. SANCHEZ