PDA

View Full Version : rally for cop

09-20-2006, 02:09 PM
this message is from a retired nypd friend of mine, thought you all would like to get involved

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR

ALL POLICE OFFICERS, DETECTIVES, SUPERVISORS

& RETIRED POLICE OFFICERS

RALLY FOR IMPRISONED

POLICE OFFICER RICHARD DIGUGLIELMO

As a bat wielding assailant, with a criminal record of numerous arrests, battered his father with a metal baseball bat, off-duty Police Office Richie DiGuglielmo got his grandfather’s police .32 semi-automatic and fired three shots into the assailant’s body mass. He killed the assailant, and his trouble began.

Tried by a publicity savvy district attorney, Richie was portrayed as a racist, rogue cop. He was found guilty of depraved indifference murder and sentenced to 20 years to life in prison. He has served nearly ten years thus far and cannot be paroled for another ten years.

He sits in a 5’ by 7’ cell, knowing that he did the right thing. “I’d rather be here than have been a pallbearer at my dad’s funeral,” he has said.

What happened to Richie can happen to any cop. If Richie is left to rot in jail, abandoned by society, it could happen to any cop who acts as he was trained to act.

If this injustice is permitted to stand unchallenged, then every cop in America could be tried, found guilty, and sentenced to a long prison term for acting as every cop is supposed to act when facing an assailant using a deadly weapon.

Help Richie. Help every cop in the nation. Do not let the imprisonment of Richie DiGuglielmo become a precedent for the jailing of cops who do what they have been trained to do.

Come to One Police Plaza, Manhattan, New York. Join your fellow officers in a peaceful rally to help win Richie DiGuglielmo's freedom. Your presence will help every cop who may be subjected to a wrongful prosecution and conviction. Let your voices be heard by politicians and judges. This is an important rally for everyone who is a cop. Richie DiGuglielmo needs your help

One Police Plaza September 21, 2006 Thursday 10:00 AM

New York City (Rain Date: Sept. 22)

www.richarddiguglielmo.org (http://www.richarddiguglielmo.org)

http://www.justiceforrichie.org/

Desktop
12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
I find it very difficult to believe that the facts of this case are what you described. I worked for the NYPD for over 20 years and I attended many rallies for officers wrongly acussed but I can't imagine that an officer using his weapon to stop a bat yielding subject from taking another life would be indicted let alone convicted. Before I rally around this cause I would like to know all the facts especially from the detectives that did the investigation.

Desktop
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I find it very difficult to believe that the facts of this case are what you described. I worked for the NYPD for over 20 years and I attended many rallies for officers wrongly acussed but I can't imagine that an officer using his weapon to stop a bat weilding subject from taking another life would be indicted let alone convicted. Before I rally around this cause I would like to know all the facts especially from the detectives that did the investigation.