PDA

View Full Version : NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE

09-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Still no pay proposal from the City. No movement on any other issue even after two lengthy sessions today. There is another meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Wed). We'll see what they come up with on Wednesday.

09-20-2006, 02:57 AM
What's this I hear about Pat trying to negotiate a yearly trip for him and 4 people of his choice to Las Vegas???

09-20-2006, 03:06 AM
It is my understanding that the city countered with 5, 4, and 2 or 3. I also heard that the city wants a 3 year bid, no more complaint reviews and take away MPO stripes and pay for evaluations with two or more "B E"'s on them. This information was given to me third party from someone who was in the negotiations. If this is true then it is a slap in the face for all our hard work! VOTE NO!!!

09-20-2006, 03:48 PM
If we let them have the power to take away the MPO strip they will use it as a cost cutting item. It will be harder for officers to get and to keep.

Three year bid ! Unreal, it is not the officers fault that some Sgt's can't keep people and have unfilled spots at the end of the second day.

Anything less then 5,5,5, is an insult.

09-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Riverrunner, you have hit the nail on it's head !!!

Stand United Officers or get ready to Bend Over !

09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
has anyone heard that we asked for the pension rate to rise to 3.5???

TPD
09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
From what I heard today it is not looking good.

Offer from the City is 3/3/3
Removal of Complaint Review Board
3 Year shift bid

Vote no!

09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
has anyone heard that we asked for the pension rate to rise to 3.5???

NO....... if it does go on the table, we will ask for 3.25%

LOOKS like a NO vote with what he city is slapping us in the face with !

09-21-2006, 07:04 PM
NO less than 6 5 5 and no change to the bid........try again .....vote no no no no :roll:

09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

THEY ARE TRYING THEIR USUAL LITTLE GAMES, DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

MORE $$ FOR F.T.O'S, MORE $$ FOR EVE AND MIDS (SHIFT DIF.)

DON'T FALL FOR IT.

5, 5, 5,
3 HOURS FOR COURT
12 HOL LIKE THE REST OF THE CITY EMPLOYEES
INCREASE LONG. AWARD

THESE WOULD BE FAIR AND ARE REASONABLE

09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Why is there no information from the PBA? They should be posting daily updates on the results of teh meetings.

Now when you ask why I dont post this on their board I will tell you. Because your name is not anonomous. And if you call them there is a good chance they will tall staff who is asking like the did the officer in D3!

09-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Why is there no information from the PBA? They should be posting daily updates on the results of teh meetings.

Now when you ask why I dont post this on their board I will tell you. Because your name is not anonomous. And if you call them there is a good chance they will tall staff who is asking like the did the officer in D3!

Be patient my anxious friend, my sources tell me a PBA rep will be posting a long update before sundown.

09-21-2006, 08:24 PM
If what has been posted is in fact true the PBA should walk away from the table because the offer is not only unfair, its insulting.

Like everything with this administration, I guess it will have to go to arbitration.

09-21-2006, 09:14 PM
5,5,5 Nothing less !

One year bid!

Don't mess with our hours.

09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Check out the PBA website for the latest information on negotiations. If you don't read it on the PBA site, it probably isn't true.

NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE:

http://www.wcfpba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60

09-21-2006, 11:21 PM
From what I understand what happened at the negotation today (Thurs), the City counter offered 5-4-3; and a One and one/half year Shift Bid. The City wants to go longer on the shift bid , possibly up to three (3) years (Durkin told them to go pound sand on a three year Shift Bid). Let me tell you this for any young officers out there that would consider voting Yes on the overall contract with this issue. Your life - marriages, divorces, new homes, moving, kids, many things can change in your life in a short time. Much less your immediate working environment - make that supervisors. The City, the professionals that they are, say that the Shift Bid is a "Headache". The City is right....it is a Headache...for the poor officers!!!! That is because the City ends up screwing up something in the Shift Bid virtually every year!! The City is always willing to admonish officers for minor transgressions. Why dont they demote these Lt's, Capt's and Majors responsible for these Shift Bids every year that end up leaving someone out, messing up the seniority, etc.

I wont vote for a 10-8-6 with a three year Shift Bid. A one and a half could be tolerated - if they pay up....
VOTE NO!!!!
We cut the crime, now City PAY UP, its time!
When Morale goes down, work productivity goes down...
Im in a daze, cause McElroy got an unjust raise
This ongoing hypocritic BS puts me in anger...you know what comes next...Danger!!!! :evil:
VOTE NO :evil:

09-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Check the PBA website for the truth about negotiations. Don't accept an "anonymous" post that sounds like they know what they're talking about.

09-22-2006, 06:57 AM
18 month or 3 year shift bid....that will be a no vote from the troops.

09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
The city's counters have been insulting and less then impressive. I'm happy to see that the PBA has been declining these parsimonious contracts. Anything less than 5,5,5 will be voted down by me, and I hope that other officers will follow. When homeowners insurance and taxes increase at an alarming rate, it is becoming more and more difficult to live in Florida. If the city is not willing to keep our pay increases aligned with cost of living, we should stand up in the face of their demeaning hubris.

The mayor wants a raise, bonuses are given out like candy to underserving staff, and property taxes are exorbitantly high. Brothers, Tampa is growing everyday and so will the workload. We need to be aligned with other LARGE agencies with respect to pay. Vote NO on any contract with less than 5,5,5. I guarantee you will be happy that you did. The City bets on an apathetic member base. Let us show the City that we are serious!

09-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Together we stand, divided we fall.

09-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Any change in the shift bid process should be a guarantee NO vote. First of all, the City is claiming that the slugs are getting lost in the shift bid process. They say that as soon as the Supervisor realizes these officers are slugs they bid somewhere else. Well wake up and smell the coffee. The Supervisor needs to get off their cans and start doing their job. There is a 6-month evaluation that is supposed to be done by policy. When was the last time these were done? How can a supervisor give a "BE" on an evaluation and bi-annual evaluation was never done? A slug is a slug from beginning to end. They don't just happen the month before an evaluation. If there is a problem that comes out of nowhere a supervisor should check into the situation because someone or something has created the laziness.
They are using the shift bid as an exscuse when the real problem with the slugs are the supervisors.

09-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Any change in the shift bid process should be a guarantee NO vote. First of all, the City is claiming that the slugs are getting lost in the shift bid process. They say that as soon as the Supervisor realizes these officers are slugs they bid somewhere else. Well wake up and smell the coffee. The Supervisor needs to get off their cans and start doing their job. There is a 6-month evaluation that is supposed to be done by policy. When was the last time these were done? How can a supervisor give a "BE" on an evaluation and bi-annual evaluation was never done? A slug is a slug from beginning to end. They don't just happen the month before an evaluation. If there is a problem that comes out of nowhere a supervisor should check into the situation because someone or something has created the laziness.
They are using the shift bid as an exscuse when the real problem with the slugs are the supervisors.

Some of the real Slugs are the Supervisors.

09-22-2006, 09:06 PM
5-5-5
5-5-5
5-5-5
5-5-5
5-5-5

09-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Exactly my point, some supervisors have been getting away with doing nothing for far too long. The only reason an officer could make it a whole year doing nothing or for that matter doing nothing right is because the supervisor is not supervising. The contract should read "BE's on the evaluation will be grievable if the officer has not been counselled on the behavior or given remedial training".

09-26-2006, 07:08 AM
A post from the PBA website by Kevin Durkin:

The PBA and the City met on Monday, Sept. 25, @1630 hours. The only issues remaining are wages and shift bid. Since last Thursday, the City has not proposed any substantive changes. They re-issued their last proposals on shift bid and wages and they were immediately rejected.

Today's "negotiation" was a total waste of time. More negotiations are scheduled for the remainder of the week. It remains to be seen as to whether the City supports the Police or just talks about it.

09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
vote no for anything less that 5-5-5

This is an insult from a mayor who wants re-election