PDA

View Full Version : COPS WRITING COPS

09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
HELLO,

LET ME FIRST SAY HELLO TO ALL OF THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS IN HIGHLANDS COUNTY. I AM ONE OF THE MANY SOUTH FLORIDA OFFICERS THAT IS FORTUNATE ENOUGHT TO HAVE A WEEKEND HOME TO ESCAPE TO IN YOUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTY. IF I DIDN'T I WOULD LOOSE MY MIND FROM WORKING DOWN HERE IN THE MIAMI AREA. I BOUGHT MY HOME OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND COULD NEVER AFFORD IT AT TODAYS PRICES.

THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS WITH SEVERAL OTHER OFFICERS THAT HAVE HOMES ON LAKE JUNE, WE HAD OUR WIVES AND CHILDREN OUT IN A FEW BOATS AND WAVERUNNERS AND WERE ON THE SANDBAR AT THE N.W PORTION OF THE LAKE ENJOYING A BEAUTIFUL DAY, NO ONE HAD ANY ALCOHOL AT ALL AND WERE NOT HOT-DOGGING AROUND, JUST SWIMMING AND RELAXING. TWO OF THE GUYS WERE RETURNING FROM A WAVERUNNER RIDE AND AS THEY GOT CLOSE TO THE SANDBAR A CHILD FROM ANOTHER PARTY BOAT DRIFTED OUT ON A RAFT AND CAUSED THE FIRST WAVERUNNER TO SLOW SOONER THEN EXPECTED, THE SECOND WAVERUNNER CUT OUT TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT AND SPLASHED THE FIRST WAVERUNNERS RIDER WHO WAS AVOIDING THE CHILD. THIS WAS OBSERVED BY OFC. ERICA ( WE THINK ) ZIMMERMAN # M834 FROM F.W.C WHO WAS AT LEAST A FOOTBALL FIELD AWAY ON HER WAVERUNNER. NOT ONLY DID SHE MAKE STOP THE OFF-DUTY OFFICER AND CHASTIZE HIM BUT SHE ISSUED HIM A CITATION FOR CARLESS DRIVING ONLY AFTER FIRST MAKING A THREAT OF ARREST FOR RECKLESS DRIVING. AT NO TIME DID ANY OF US EVER APPROACH HER DURING OR AFTER HER STOP AND THE OFF-DUTY OFFICER THAT RECEIVED THE CITATION WAS ALWAYS POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL. HE EXPLAINED TO HER THAT IN ORDER TO CUT OUT HE NEED THE WAVERUNNER TO BE UNDER POWER TO HAVE STEERING. NO LUCK.

AFTER THE SHOCK AND DISBELIEF SET IN WE LEARNED THAT SHE HAS A HISTORY OF CITING OTHER COPS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. THE SAD THING IS IF SHE NEEDED HELP OUT THERE BY HERSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE , WE WOULD BE THE FIRST TO HELP A FELLOW COP AND STILL WOULD EVEN AFTER BEING CITED.

THIS IS JUST A HEADS UP TO ALL OF YOU FELLOW OFFICERS IN HIGHLANDS COUNTY THAT THIS EXISTS. WE BELIEVE IN PROFESSIONAL COURTESY AND KNOW HOW TO USE DISCRESION WHEN REQUIRED.

BE SAFE.

09-18-2006, 01:32 AM
SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A FWC OFFICER. HERE AT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE WE BELIEVE IN GIVING A FELLOW OFFICER A BREAK UNLESS ITS FOR A DUI WITH INJURY OR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CALL. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT CHANGE YOUR OPINION OF COPS HERE. WE WILL PASS ALONG HER NAME AND MAKE A NOTE OF THIS INCIDENT. THERE'S ONE IN EVERY AGENCY IM SURE YOU KNOW. IM SURE SHE WOULD NOT APPRECIATE THAT TYPE OF TREATMENT.TO MUCH TIME IN THE SUN FOR HER.

09-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I have heard of this FWC officer before. There was an incident where she stopped a known LEO while he was fishing and cited him his fishing license being expired 3 days. It's a shame. Sorry for your experience Miami LEO, I know many LEO's from Highlands County they're good people.

09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes we all know who she is. Someone needs to have a long talk with her,like her Supervisors and explain what professional courtesy is and how it can be used. Thats the beauty of this job. I know if this happened in Miami how she would be dealt with. We will pass this along and make sure she stays as popular as ever up here. As for the rest of us, your more then welcome to visit us.

09-20-2006, 05:34 PM
IM SURE THERE ARE EVEN MORE STORIES OF THIS FWC MORON WRITING OTHER COPS. PLEASE ADD THEM SO WE KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND CAN TAKE THE CORRECT ACTIONS, LIKE CONTACTING HER HIGHER UPS.

WHATS HER EXACT NAME ?

09-20-2006, 10:54 PM
First of all, don't you think the "Miami Cop", (who was really a cop from Southeast Florida) has an axe to grind...If you think you’re not guilty, take it to court...otherwise just pay the damn $68.00 ticket!!! As a cop you should know these are your options.

....It's a UBC with no marks on your license....Not the end of the world!!!

Second, as a "professional" law enforcement officer you should know that you are a cop 24/7 (we’re just not payed for it all), and as such you should act accordingly.

It seems that many LEO's think they can come to Highlands County in an attempt to flee the grasp of their own agencies...Therefore giving them "the proverbial right" to cut loose, have a good time and show their ass!!! Well guess what...we're not going to put up with it...You'll be held to the same standards (or in some cases...HIGHER) than you would be, within your own agencies.

As a LEO in this county, I too have been "badged" by many cops both on land and on the water...It seems that instead of listening to the basis for the stop...All we hear is what agency you work for (which is far superior than ours), what your rank is...then finally, how “if the roles were reversed”, you wouldn't be writing “us” a ticket…the latter of which, I think is a pathetic last effort to talk your way out of a ticket, which you would be writing to any other “citizen” if they committed a similar act.

In closing, I have worked with and/or around Ofc. Zimmerman on several occasions and have found her to be a level-headed “professional” law enforcement officer, therefore if she thought that you deserved a citation based upon your actions…I too, think you deserved a citation. If you need the address for the courthouse or the clerk’s office, for payment…Let one of us know….We’ll post it for ya!!!

Oh yeah, by the way most of the replies to this post are not from officer’s, they are from “citizens” who read this site, and post in an attempt to stir up SH*T, which is what you tried to do by posting here. OR they are friends of yours from your agency, whom you have told YOUR side of the story to, and they feel compelled to post in your defense.

IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE WAY THIS ARE RAN IN THIS COUNTY…STAY IN YOUR’S…IT’S THAT SIMPLE

09-21-2006, 12:13 AM
THIS IS THE ATTITUDE WERE TALKING ABOUT WITH OFC. ZIMMERMAN AND FROM THE SOUND OF THE ABOVE POST ANOTHER FWC OFFICER. YOUR ATTITUDE BASICALLY SAYS " YOU SOUTH FLORIDA COPS THAT MAKE MORE MONEY THEN WE DO WITH SECOND HOMES UP HERE ARE NOT WELCOME". WELL MR. OR MRS GROUPER TROOPER 20 PLUS YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST TOOK THIS JOB I HAD NO CONCEPT OF PAY OR PENSIONS SO DON'T HAVE THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER OR SHALL I SAY THAT STICK UP YOU ASS. WE AS COPS ARE THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE AND NEED TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER. DURING HURRICANE FRANCIS I LOADED UP MY MARKED UNIT AND DROVE UP THERE TO BRING FOOD, ICE, GAS, ETC, SURE GLAD I DIDN'T SPEED WHILE I WAS UP THERE HELPING.

I WON'T GO DOWN TO THE LEVEL YOUR AT WITH INSULTS. HAVE A NICE DAY AND BE SAFE OUT THERE. I HOPE YOU RE-THINK YOUR FEELINGS
ON CITING OTHER OFFICERS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE FROM IN THE FUTURE.

Y

09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
YES WE NEED THE ADDRESS OF THE COURT HOUSE SINCE PROFESSIONAL OFC. ZIMMERMAN FAILED TO ISSUE THE INFORMATION PAPERWORK WITH THE CITATION.
THANKS FOR THE REMINDER, AND WHAT WAS YOUR NAME PLEASE.

09-21-2006, 01:28 AM
It is sad that I actually believe the Post by Bull Sh*t above. Most officers who have been police officers for a while realize that they have nothing to prove anymore and know that they should take care of one another. The officer above (and FWC Zimmerman) will find this out after he/she gets some more time under his/her belt. I am an officer with 16 years experience.

I would like the officer to ask him/herself a question.....Would you write your best friend or "brother in law" that "meaningless Boating Citation." My guess is no. If not, then there are also plenty of other people out there that you can write your citations to. Why cause the riff between other agencies? Please learn from this post and take care of one another.

09-21-2006, 01:35 AM
After these silly, baseless attacks on Officer Zimmerman, all FWC officers in the area will be looking forward to checking the rowdy boaters from south Florida. Please " badge " the officers so they can be sure who they are dealing with. To expect "professional courtesy" , you must first act like a professional....... :D

09-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Ok...Here is the info. on Officer Zimmerman (FWC.) She received a ticket from an officer in Highlands County for a minor violation. (expired D.L.) Officer Zimmerman never told the officer she was an officer until after the ticket was written. The citation should have been voided when he found out........Bad decision to let the ticket stand....... Now everyone who is an LEO is paying the price if they are stopped..........

Officer Zimmerman...........Let it go.............Move on...........Don't let this officer dictate your actions................Be the bigger person..............Be compassionate to your fellow officers..............stay safe..........Think about your actions..........They affect many................ [/b]

09-21-2006, 01:56 AM
TO WATERPUSS,

I GUESS YOUR ONE OF THOSE BIG MOUTH COPS THAT HIDES BEHIND THEIR BADGE, YOU KNOW THE TYPE, THE MORE BACKUPS YOU HAVE THE LOUDER YOU GET. ALL AGENCIES HAVE WUSSIES LIKE YOU THAT ARE ABOUT 5'2, 140 LBS SOAKING WET, PLEASE EXCUSE THE PUN SINCE YOU WORK ON THE WATER.

ALL WE ASKED WAS FOR THE FWC OFC. ZIMMERMAN TO RETHINK EXTENDING PROFESSIONAL COURTESY IN THE FUTURE, THE OFC SHE CITED WAS WRONG, HE ADMITTED TO IT AND WAS NEVER ANYTHING BUT POLITE TO HER. NOW YOU COME ON HERE AND MAKE THREATS TO ALL SOUTH FLORIDA OFFICERS IN AN UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER.

WE WILL BE PRINTING YOUR THREATS AND SENDING THEM TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY.

JUST REMEMBER, WE WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE LONG BEFORE YOU WILL KNOW WHO WE ARE............................................... ............................

09-21-2006, 01:59 AM
It is comical that Bull Sh*t, Water Cop, and the others talk about "bashing" Officer Zimmerman and tout the words "professional" when they act or post rude at the closing of their posts. I can see from their posts that they are the "Non Professional" types of police officer and their immature behavior can not be hidden from their writings.

I only wish you could have been properly trained by a qualified FTO who would have explained some of their lifes lessons to you.

To actually threaten other police officers is a poor choice and only adds fuel to the fire.............

09-21-2006, 02:11 AM
It is comical that Bull Sh*t, Water Cop, and the others talk about "bashing" Officer Zimmerman and tout the words "professional" when they act or post rude at the closing of their posts. I can see from their posts that they are the "Non Professional" types of police officer and their immature behavior can not be hidden from their writings.

I only wish you could have been properly trained by a qualified FTO who would have explained some of their lifes lessons to you.

To actually threaten other police officers is a poor choice and only adds fuel to the fire.............

09-21-2006, 03:54 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE THE NERVE OF THE FWC OFFICER THAT CITED ANOTHER OFFICER, THATS NOT VERY NICE. THEN THERE IS HER CO-WORKER WHO MAKES THREATS TOWARD ALL SOUTH FLORIDA COPS BY ASKING THEM TO SHOWING THEIR BADGES WHEN STOPPED SO THEY WILL KNOW WHOS FROM SOUTH FLORIDA . I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO SO THE FWC OFFICER KNOWS THEY ARE 10-4 AND THAT YOU COULD BE ARMED THEN RATHER FREAK OUT AND FIND A GUN ON YOU OR YOUR BOAT. LOWER HIRING STANDARDS HAVE TO COME INTO PLAY HERE AS WELL AS A GOOD ASS KICKING FOR THIS TYPE OF ATTITUDE.

09-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Seems like I struck a nerve with you guys. Problem is the truth hurts.

The same type of chicken sh*t attitudes you display here, is the same type of attutudes we see when you get stopped for doing something wrong.

" YOU SOUTH FLORIDA COPS THAT MAKE MORE MONEY THEN WE DO WITH SECOND HOMES UP HERE ARE NOT WELCOME".

No one cares how much $$ you make...how you spend it, or how you do things in "South Florida"

Seems like a"SGT" with 20+ years in law enforcement would have enough sense to know that name calling surely isn't going to help ya catch a break...

FWC MORON

WELL MR. OR MRS GROUPER TROOPER

TO WATERPUSS,

...These types of comments are exactly what I was talking about. Thanks "SGT"...for proving my point.

Had Ofc. Zimmerman not written you a citation...when she left...you probably would still have these same comments to say about her...Only behind her back.

That's because none of us "Highlands County" folks are as good and/or as smart as you all....We're just "hillbillies"...right? (At least in your eyes) :?: :?: :?:

The courthouse: 430 S. Commerce Ave. Sebring, FL 33870 :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
First of all for Bull Sh*t you are writing to these other people as though you are speaking to the LEO who was stopped. Well you’re wrong! Because I was the LEO stopped and cited, and I was informed recently of this web site and the conversation regarding the traffic stop initiated on me. I am not going to lie to you and tell you I was thrilled or I was not questioning the “professional courtesy” issue. I have extended the same courtesy to every LEO, fireman, and nurse when I stopped them. Because I know there will be a time when I will rely on each of them to save me or another officer. In addition, I do not issue a citation to every citizen I stop who may have committed a similar infraction, as you stated.

“All we hear is what agency you work for (which is far superior than ours), what your rank is...then finally, how “if the roles were reversed”, you wouldn't be writing “us” a ticket…the latter of which, I think is a pathetic last effort to talk your way out of a ticket, which you would be writing to any other “citizen” if they committed a similar act.”

It’s true I advised her I was a LEO, and the agency I worked for (a practice I recommend to follow, not only for officer safety but so I do not regret writing a citation after the fact). I don’t know how you would think superiority of an agency has any bearing on this. Last time I checked we were on the same team and every law enforcement agency is a superior entity in our society. It’s us against every idiot in the world who hates us and what we stand for. I do not preview an officer’s agency, uniform or patrol car when I assist them in a back up situation; on or off duty.

“In closing, I have worked with and/or around Ofc. Zimmerman on several occasions and have found her to be a level-headed “professional” law enforcement officer, therefore if she thought that you deserved a citation based upon your actions…I too, think you deserved a citation. If you need the address for the courthouse or the clerk’s office, for payment…Let one of us know….We’ll post it for ya!!!”

In response to you previous comment, I never said she was not professional or courteous. In fact I commented not only to her, but also her Lieutenant (who I am guessing, is your LT.) that she was extremely professional. And based on the conversation I had with your lieutenant, who was extremely professional, I would imagine he would be appalled by the comments you made. I will not be responsible for any derogatory comment (fact or fiction) made by another towards any officer or agency, but I will not be subjected to false allegations made in your comments. At the time the only thing I inquired about was a “memo” she brought up and about the policy of FWC and “professional courtesy.” If you have any additional questions regarding any of the aforementioned conversations, I suggest you speak to them. If a traffic stop is initiated that means there was cause, and someone deserves a citation. You and I both know it does not mean a citation is always issued, either to a LEO or citizen. That is why it is called officer discretion.

And yes my last comment (which was not “a pathetic last effort to talk my way out of a ticket”), was if you are ever in my county and I stop you, I promise you will NOT get a ticket (which by the way is a FACT to every LEO.) The citation was issued, signed and served during that final statement.

To every LEO in Highlands County (FWC, FHP, HCSO, SPD, LPPD) thanks for taking care of my family every time we vacation in you fabulous county. The reason we, the South Florida LEOs, come up to Highlands is for the peace, fun and tranquility, not to “flee the grasp of their own agencies...Therefore giving them "the proverbial right" to cut loose, have a good time and show their arse!!!” That is an absurd statement, which really frustrates me more than the citation.

The following is just as absurd and frustrating!

“That's because none of us "Highlands County" folks are as good and/or as smart as you all....We're just "hillbillies"...right? (At least in your eyes) ”

I am not even going to address the following statements in detail other than; you need to speak to the officer and your LT. regarding any comments or attitude which were displayed by anyone involved. By my recollection, it was NONE. Yes, if the disposition was different I would have made an additional comment, “she was 10-8.”

“The same type of chicken sh*t attitudes you display here, is the same type of attutudes we see when you get stopped for doing something wrong.”

“Had Ofc. Zimmerman not written you a citation...when she left...you probably would still have these same comments to say about her...Only behind her back.”

Finally, I have spent way too much time addressing your comments (especially since it is my only RDO for the week). I do not need you to remind me about the amount of the fine, the court location or how I should handle the disposition of my citation. The officer provided that information on the citation and I informed the officer of what my actions would be. I told her I was not aware of that particular statute, but we know ignorance is not a defense.

Ignorance, I think that describes it best.

“If you think you’re not guilty, take it to court...otherwise just pay the darn $68.00 ticket!!! As a cop you should know these are your options.”

“The courthouse: 430 S. Commerce Ave. Sebring, FL 33870 ”

If anyone at FWC has any additional comments or questions, you can get my phone number from the lieutenant, who I extended an invitation of professional assistance to, for him and everyone else at your agency. And that stands true today.

To all my fellow officers, please be safe and take care of your families, both at home and at work.

10-7

09-21-2006, 11:04 PM
WOW!! THE LAST TIME I WAS THIS UPSET WAS WHEN TROOPER BURGOS WROTE ONE OF OUR OFF-DUTY LT.'S A SPEEDING TIX WHILE ENROUTE TO HIS SON'S ACCIDENT! AN ACCIDENT IN WHICH HIS SON DIED!!
I HAVE FORGIVEN THAT KID BUT THESE LADY COPS ARE A DISGRACE!!
THEY ARE ACTUALLY GLOATING ABOUT HAVING WRITTEN A COP!!!!
IN OVER 20 YRS. OF POLICE WORK IN SOUTH FLORIDA,I HAVE NEVER,EVER ,WRITTEN A COP OR THEIR FAMILY,PERIOD! AS THE SGT. SAID,I DONT WRITE COPS,FAMILY OR FIREMEN EITHER!

YOU LADIES ARE A DISGRACE TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND YOUR CO-WORKERS AND SGT.S SHOULD HAVE A VERY SERIOUS TALK WITH U TWO LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JESUS,I AM ON FIRE!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U TWO?? ARE U TO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND D.I.S.C.R.E.T.I.O.N.??
YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WOULD NOT LAST A YEAR ON THE STREETS OF MIAMI! YOU WOULD GET YOUR BUTTS KICKED AND CAUSE YOU ARE NOT TEAM PLAYERS, WE WOULD TAKE OUR TIME TO GET TO U!!!
THATS WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUES SHOULD DO.. JUST A LITTLE SLAP,NO I WONT GO THERE..
I AM UPSET SO I SHOULD SAY THAT EVENTHOE U 2 LOSERS DESERVE IT,I WOULD STILL RUN TO U CAUSE I WOULDNT WANT A SCUMBAG TO GLOAT ABOUT BEATTING YOUR A..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET A LIFE AND REALIZE THAT WHEN SOMEONE IS KICKING YOUR A.. OR TRYING TO KILL U, IT WILL BE THAT COP U WROTE THAT WILL COME TO YOUR AID,NOT JOE BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SPEECHLESS!! HOW CAN U EVEN TRY TO JUSTIFY YOUR DISGUSTING,UNPROFESSIONAL,{TIX},ACTIONS???????

I HOPE U FIND YOUR SELF ESTEEM SOON OR ANY COP VISITING YOUR TOWN IS DOOMED!!!!!
WHAT A JACKA..!!!!!!!!!!
REST ASSURED,I WOULD NEVER WRITE, EVEN LOSERS LIKE U TOO!!

09-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Colud you take your caps off, It makes you look more unbalanced than you actually are. (and thats saying something)

09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
To: Fwc Officers posting here,

Several chiefs in the Miami Dade area have noticed these anti South Florida Officer posts. In an attempt to move past this back country / trailer livin mentality we have planned our yearly picnic on beautiful Lake June this year.

Please let us know what weekend is best for ya'all to attend. Were planning on having our officers bring a few hundred boats and of course those dreaded waverunners. We also want to set up alittle shootin, drinkin and BBQ spot.

You know the boys down here love commin up there to blow off alittle steam after chasin bad guys all week in the mean streets of South Florida. You should come ride with us some time, we will take good care of ya'all.

Can you suggest a nice hotel or is there room to stay with some of ya'all's at you trailers or do ya call them manufactures homes ?

In closing, we look foward to hangin with all ya'alls in the near future. Be safe and have a nice day.

Feel free to bring your family ( sister, mom, cousin ) which is most likely your spouse.

09-22-2006, 06:56 PM
South FL. Police Chiefs Posted: 09/22/06 07:22:31 Post subject: Picnic

Several chiefs in the Miami Dade area have noticed these anti South Florida Officer posts. In an attempt to move past this back country / trailer livin mentality we have planned our yearly picnic on beautiful Lake June this year.

Can you suggest a nice hotel or is there room to stay with some of ya'all's at you trailers or do ya call them manufactures homes ?

Feel free to bring your family ( sister, mom, cousin ) which is most likely your spouse.

Just another, in what's become a long list of ignorant statements. If your not one and the same, you and "SGT" must have went to the same police academy. :lol: :lol:
This is not about all "South Florida Cops", which is what your trying to make this out to be. It's about you "select" idiots that started posting here.
Please, feel free to continue to post here, but at this point I seriously don't think you'll get a reponse back, this has become a joke at best!

09-23-2006, 04:47 PM
TO MY NEW FWC FRIEND WITH THE COMPLEX, ITS OK FOR YA'ALL TO F WITH US IN YOUR OFFICIAL CAPACITY AND CITE US. BUT WHEN WE, PASS THE INFO ALONG AND THE MAJORITY OF OFFICERS THAT READ OR HEAR ABOUT CITING A FELLOW OFFICER WHEN DISCRESION COULD HAVE BEEN USED GETS UPSET YOU START NIT PICKING OTHER B/S.

HERES THE DEAL, START WRITING COPS AND USE DISCRESION WHEN POSSIBLE AND WE WILL STOP TEASING YOU ABOUT WHAT YOUR SO SENSITIVE ABOUT.

BE SAFE AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I would like to commend the wildlife officer who exercized mature
discretion. There are always two sides to every observed event. She decided upon a minor infraction- rather than a more aggressive arrest.
Police Officers exemplify the law and are never above the law. Had she
ignored the life threatening behavior of the cited officer she would have neglected her duty to fairness. Professional courtesy does not equate to a
"pass" to ignore the law. In view of Police Officers' service, due deference is usually accorded to them as they attempt to mitigate their conduct,when cited for an offense.
However, Officer Zimmerman clearly did this. She had a panoply of charges that could have been considered but were not. The type of conduct the cited officer committed could have ended in serious injury or death. Police are under close and constant observation by the public,who will not tolerate a double standard(one for the public-one for the law enforcers) where the bar of law is concerned. We need more officers like
Officer Zimmerman. She used balance,professional courtesy,and she exemplified the highest standards of law enforcement and citizenship.
This instance,for which she is being wrongly criticized,is a strong recommendation for her character- and a reminder to all that: fairness
and equal treatment are the foundation of our criminal justice system.
This Officer deserves commendation- and a higher place in our criminal justice system.

09-23-2006, 11:25 PM
you and ofc. zimmerman are a disgrace with no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get a life! we all know about professional courtesy and only a cop hating person like u would make those statements!!!!
you cant be a cop! you are one of those hypocrite citizens who are always complaing about cops but demand a break when u or your corrupt children are arrested!!

we cant help,give a break to all but only self hating cop would write another cop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you guys are disgusting and should find a job as a politician!! they are the only folks who believe their own bull s...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Do you really think the public is going to know if she wrote a cite? To say that they expect her to write one is crazy. She could have handled him a written warning. No one would have known the difference. There actions prevented an accident. What other charges did she have? Reckless? Please good luck. Take that one to court, half of a dozen Leo's against one. Problem is FWC leaves there Officers in the sun a little to long. As a former member of the USCG, and now a Deputy in Pinellas in the Marine Unit. I would ask the officer this, Why would you mess with your only 10-94 on the lake? They weren't drinking as Marine Officers we take a lot of risk no back up, getting a struggle and drowning. Zimmerman remember this. Ford may make a good Police car, but they don't float. So all the Police officers on lands are of no use to you. Take the back up any where you can get it.

09-24-2006, 08:34 PM
SFPD Posted: 09/23/06 11:47:09

HERES THE DEAL, START WRITING COPS AND USE DISCRESION WHEN POSSIBLE AND WE WILL STOP TEASING YOU ABOUT WHAT YOUR SO SENSITIVE ABOUT.

I'm not much on grammar, but didn't you mean "STOP WRITING", otherwise it appears that someone in South Florida wants a tix.

09-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the correction, now I hope you can call truce and Have Zimmerman call the officer she cited and resolve this matter the right way.

09-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks Pinellas Marine unit, you are right on track.That the way we do it down south as were alone most of the time. Hope she does not have to learn the hard way. Be safe.

09-30-2006, 12:19 PM
All citizens of Florida are expected to follow the law - period. As a cop know this and don't exploit it.

10-01-2006, 03:22 AM
you must either be a scum bag or related to those two lady cop,wannabees!!!
only cop hating cops,usually dirt bags or related to scum,who get through the system,would write a cop...

your comment is proof u r not a real cop. you may have a badge but never done real police work!!
have you ever made an arrest? been to court? what are you talking about mr. leo????
the only government professionals who follow the law are us,jacka..!!!!!!!
if we do speed or some other traffic infraction,GIVE US A BREAK,IDIOT!!
GO HIDE UNDER THE ROCK U CAME FROM,U SELF HATING LOSER!

10-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Sirs,Ladies, of Highlands County,I am a Miami Policemen and I am very grateful to all of you, I have a house up there on a Lake and have been stopped way tooooooo many times to ever mention for my own wrongful doing or just being stopped on the Lake for safety issues,,,,and I have never had a bad experience. I have been stopped by the female officer on my Lake as well as others and it has always ended on a good note. So please except my apology for any police officer from south florida thats makes us all look bad. we are arrogant at times and think we are immune to the law. I have had policemen as I'm walking up to the car hold out a badge,,as with everything, its how you handle,its how you speak and act that makes the difference......again Highlands county thank you and dont allow a few bad apples, ruin the whole bunch.........

10-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Disgrace is definitely the correct word for the posts that follow that name. Take it down a notch there, sport!

Cursing and name calling? Must be retired from Boston PD or something. Just another resident "know it all" and the self appointed measuring stick of discretion for the rest of us. I must clarify that I have NEVER written another cop, even though the opportunity has surely presented itself.

And I applaud those who do not feel compelled type in all caps like an angry 13 year old to make a point. Those that represent the badge with integrity and well versed arguments, thank you. Those that do not, please continue to embarass yourself.

10-10-2006, 04:38 PM
How much time did you spend working on that deceptive post??
clued in and south fla. cop,pleaseeeee. its both of you,cop hating, ladies who are posting and or maybe your 33's,boyfriends,l.o.l.
NO EXCUSE,STOP STROKING COPS WITH A PEN!!!!
WE ARE ALL YOU GOT! IF U DONT UNDERSTAND,GO WORK AT B.K. WHERE YOU WONT NEED BACK UP,DISGRACE!

10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
How much time did you spend working on that deceptive post??
not nearly as long as it took you to find the Caps Lock, genius.

clued in and south fla. cop,pleaseeeee. its both of you,cop hating, ladies who are posting and or maybe your 33's,boyfriends,l.o.l.
couldn't be more incorrect there, but I'll leave that one alone. I don't even know these female GFC officers.

NO EXCUSE,STOP STROKING COPS WITH A PEN!!!!
WE ARE ALL YOU GOT! IF U DONT UNDERSTAND,GO WORK AT B.K. WHERE YOU WONT NEED BACK UP,DISGRACE!

Evidently, you read just as well as you write. I have NEVER written another cop, as stated in my post. I was just encouraging all cops (including the GFC officers) to use some discretion, like not writing an LEO for a 3 day expired fishing license. If you slow down and read what I said, and maybe then think about it, you'd see that I am against writing cops as well. Since your comprehension is a little "slowed" - here is the point: One person that speaks (falsely) for all cops with a crappy, childish, insulting argument is what I spoke against.

There are times where if someone screws up bad, then they screw up bad and have to pay for it- cop or not- like DUI- Injury, property damage- Domestic incidents, etc. A little boating citation does not fall into that category.

Your quick judgements and uninformed, blind attacks on people makes you look kind of ridiculous.

10-13-2006, 04:05 AM
PEOPLE LIKE U WILL NEVER GET IT! I WILL HOOK UP COPS EVERYTIME I CAN WHETHER DUI,{NO ACCIDENT},ILL DRIVE HIM/HER HOME,DOMESTICS,PLEASE! ILL TRY TO CONVINCE THE ***** THAT HER MONEY MACHINE WILL BE CLOSED FOR GOOD,ETC.
JUDGES,POLITICIANS,ATTY.S ALL OF THE PILLARS OF SOCIETY GET HOOKED UP AND U WANT A COP TO GO TO JAIL,FU.. U!
YOU ARE ANOTHER RIGHTEOUS A.. WHO HAS NEVER DONE REAL POLICE WORK AND IS BLIND TO OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT BUT U WANT TO FU.. COPS,GREAT!
HOPE U RETIRE SOON OR GET YOUR A.. BEATEN AND WE,THE CORRUPT ONE'S,ACCORDING TO YOU ,DONT SHOW UP TILL THEY SLAP U AROUND SOME,DI..!

10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm sure glad my horse doesn't live in ya'll's neighborhood....It would get beat down, just like this topic....Get it ???

Let me help ya'll out.. :lol: :lol: ...YOUR BEATING A DEAD HORSE HERE!

oh yeah, by the way...this is a Highlands County SO messageboard, not a FWC or a South FL Cop. Take your fight some where else please!

10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Be nice there " Highlands " or we'll GPS track you ass with your new
" Smartcop " laptop softwear. Have a nice day.

10-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok. Now I understand. Kudos :wink: to "get a clue" for clearing it all up for us. Especially for me and anyone else that only thought we had a "clue". Now pardon me, I am going to go "tell the ***** that her money machine is closing for good" or something.

10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Well that guy,get a clue,was a little harsh but on track when it comes to helping other cops!
All professions provide for pro. courtesy and none are in a postion to be killed like us SO,PLEASE,LADIES AND GENTS,GIVE A COP A BREAK!!IT'S NOT THAT HARD!
Oh,btw,i do agree with clue guy about"*****ES". I TELL MINE ALL THE TIME,:DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU" GLAD ASHAMED UNDERSTOOD AND HOPE HIS ***** WOULDNT GET HIM LOCKED UP FOR CRAP WHICH BEFORE"OJAY SIMPSON" WAS CONSIDERED A HUSBAND AND WIFE ARGUEMENT!!!!! WE ALL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!! WOMEN R GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER AND MOST OF US R NOT EVEN TRYING TO HELP,WE JUST SIMPLY ARREST THE MEN,WITH OR WITHOUT EVIDENCE!

10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm sure glad my horse doesn't live in ya'll's neighborhood....It would get beat down, just like this topic....Get it ???

Let me help ya'll out.. :lol: :lol: ...YOUR BEATING A DEAD HORSE HERE!

oh yeah, by the way...this is a Highlands County SO messageboard, not a FWC or a South FL Cop. Take your fight some where else please!

You have a DEAD HORSE in your possession? Now that's weird.

10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Well that guy,get a clue,was a little harsh but on track when it comes to helping other cops!
All professions provide for pro. courtesy and none are in a postion to be killed like us SO,PLEASE,LADIES AND GENTS,GIVE A COP A BREAK!!IT'S NOT THAT HARD!
Oh,btw,i do agree with clue guy about"*****ES". I TELL MINE ALL THE TIME,:DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU" GLAD ASHAMED UNDERSTOOD AND HOPE HIS ***** WOULDNT GET HIM LOCKED UP FOR CRAP WHICH BEFORE"OJAY SIMPSON" WAS CONSIDERED A HUSBAND AND WIFE ARGUEMENT!!!!! WE ALL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!! WOMEN R GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER AND MOST OF US R NOT EVEN TRYING TO HELP,WE JUST SIMPLY ARREST THE MEN,WITH OR WITHOUT EVIDENCE!

.....AND how do you know if your **** style male partner is the aggressor or not??!! SHE might be the bread winner in the house. So guess what, if he's putting his hands on a woman,.... TAKE THAT SORRY ******* TO JAIL and I'll make sure I show up to tell the judge that I am in fear of my life. Especially since the ASININE officers that responded to my domestic situation tried to persuade me not to press charges. Watch yourselves, you never know who might be recording your DUMB SUGGESTIONS as you try to get out of doing paper work along with helping your STUPID COMRAD IN LAW!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

10-24-2006, 03:40 PM
SCORNED,I see you are good AT PRACTICING THE ACT OF DECEPTION!
She makes more than a cop,l.o.l.! Why did she marry one then?In my experience,99% of all our wives make less than we do! Its the same all over too.Ever been to a so called domestic violence call and the woman made more? The few times i came across that was the WOMAN PUTTING HER HANDS ON GUY AND GUESS WHAT,NO CHARGES BY MAN!
You have an agenda and are a male hating,cop hating woman or soft man!
AS I SAID,WE ALL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REAL ABUSE AND THE SCAM THAT WOMEN LIKE YOU USE TO DESTROY MEN AND TAKE THEIR MONEY!
NOW LETS GET BACK TO THIS POST AND WHAT ITS ABOUT, 2 WOMEN COPS,IMAGINE THAT,STROKING COPS WITH THE PEN,COP HATERS!

11-05-2006, 05:43 PM
First of all, don't you think the "Miami Cop", (who was really a cop from Southeast Florida) has an axe to grind...If you think you’re not guilty, take it to court...otherwise just pay the darn $68.00 ticket!!! As a cop you should know these are your options.

....It's a UBC with no marks on your license....Not the end of the world!!!

Second, as a "professional" law enforcement officer you should know that you are a cop 24/7 (we’re just not payed for it all), and as such you should act accordingly.

It seems that many LEO's think they can come to Highlands County in an attempt to flee the grasp of their own agencies...Therefore giving them "the proverbial right" to cut loose, have a good time and show their arse!!! Well guess what...we're not going to put up with it...You'll be held to the same standards (or in some cases...HIGHER) than you would be, within your own agencies.

As a LEO in this county, I too have been "badged" by many cops both on land and on the water...It seems that instead of listening to the basis for the stop...All we hear is what agency you work for (which is far superior than ours), what your rank is...then finally, how “if the roles were reversed”, you wouldn't be writing “us” a ticket…the latter of which, I think is a pathetic last effort to talk your way out of a ticket, which you would be writing to any other “citizen” if they committed a similar act.

In closing, I have worked with and/or around Ofc. Zimmerman on several occasions and have found her to be a level-headed “professional” law enforcement officer, therefore if she thought that you deserved a citation based upon your actions…I too, think you deserved a citation. If you need the address for the courthouse or the clerk’s office, for payment…Let one of us know….We’ll post it for ya!!!

Oh yeah, by the way most of the replies to this post are not from officer’s, they are from “citizens” who read this site, and post in an attempt to stir up SH*T, which is what you tried to do by posting here. OR they are friends of yours from your agency, whom you have told YOUR side of the story to, and they feel compelled to post in your defense.

IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE WAY THIS ARE RAN IN THIS COUNTY…STAY IN YOUR’S…IT’S THAT SIMPLE

Sorry man that is wrong. I dont care who you are telling a cop that. Im a deputy over here in Sarasota and I will tell you now if you badge me. End of story-Have a nice day and enjoy your time out here. Im sure every story has two sides too it but these are infractions and if that is the least thing I can do is show professional courtesy to a cop and his family then I will darn sure do it. Those officers are only hurting themselves and their agency when they do stuff like that. Why would you even think a cop would fight a cop in court. Thats the dumbest thing I ever herd. There are 67 counties in this state why should Highlands get a reputation like that. Just school your water cop on police courtesty and the end of story. There are plenty of violators out their to get your stats and dont try telling me you dont give citizen breaks either. Its only a freaking infraction.

11-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Zimmerman is to be trained as a trapper in hopes that bitting the hand that feeds her will put things back in perspective. The Tally Observer is a cartoon that has been removed from this site as they have no clue of what law enforcement is about. Please keep your non law enforcement views to yourself and write your local newspaper and go sell a stroller or something.

This site is for people with merit and who respect law enforcement. Officer Zimmerman is obviously disgruntled as she could not get hired a s areal cop so in turn became wanna be cop in green or beige or whatever that is. Unfortunately her actions sevely hindered operations at FWC. Now they can no longer write tickets on the road because they need assitance how to do police work. Never fear DEP will school her how to be a water cop.

11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Here is the sum of it folks. YOU DONT WRITE EACH OTHER UTCs,UVCs or whatever. Teach your your rookies respect for each other. Remember no matter where you work. That person just might save your butt one day...

Its a small courtesty but it is the least we can do for each other..

11-12-2006, 06:26 AM
All citizens of Florida are expected to follow the law - period. As a cop know this and don't exploit it.

OBVIOUSLY A CIVILIAN....... BONEHEAD

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 04:49 AM
Officer Zimmerman of FWC is criminally prosecuting innocent people of the regions of FWC that she is assigned too.