PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Quotes

09-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Great quotes by Chief Russell Barnes, taken from the Zephyrhills News on September 14, 2006

Quote: "Both dogs cost a little over $5,000..."

Translation: K9 Janko $5,500 + K9 Gunner $6,500 = $12,000 or a little over $5,000 (in Barnes math)

Quote: "The main purpose behind having two is that we are able to provide K-9 coverage seven nights a week and still have them go to training two nights a week."

Translation: No other agency our size has two so they make me look good and I don't have a clue how many nights they train a week...

Quote: "[He] got out to run and then he saw the dog and for some reason changed his mind," Barnes chucked

Translation: I am so psychic that I can read the minds of bad guys.

Here is a truly powerful quote from the Declaration of Independence:

"But when a long train of abuses and resurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object winces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Translation: Barnes has degraded the office of Police Chief so much that those with the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action.

Stay tuned for more!!!

09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Where did your Council or City Manager find this winner? Was there any other qualified persons applying for the Chief of Police job or was he the only one? Was a full background check done on him? I googled him and seems that he had some of the same issues out in Washington State with his employees as you all are dealing with. I personally believe that your City Manager will step up and handle this situation as he did in the past. Hopefully, this distraction with your chief, won't interfere with the officers trying to remain safe while dealing with the dirtbags or someone will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

WAKE UP CITY MANAGER AND CITY COUNCIL, DON'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISTRACTION. TAKE CARE OF IT FOR YOUR CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THEIR FAMILIES!

09-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Where did your Council or City Manager find this winner? Was there any other qualified persons applying for the Chief of Police job or was he the only one? Was a full background check done on him? I googled him and seems that he had some of the same issues out in Washington State with his employees as you all are dealing with. I personally believe that your City Manager will step up and handle this situation as he did in the past. Hopefully, this distraction with your chief, won't interfere with the officers trying to remain safe while dealing with the dirtbags or someone will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

WAKE UP CITY MANAGER AND CITY COUNCIL, DON'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISTRACTION. TAKE CARE OF IT FOR YOUR CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THEIR FAMILIES! Tell ya what, I ran a police force with up to 30 men and women on a shift. What I have heard and read about this Police Chief makes me sad. Moral is one of the first foundations for productivity on a police force. This man and his anal cronies have run the ZPD into the ground. Listen Chiefie, it's not "You follow my rules that I don't have to follow" [/list]

10-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Quote: "The person who talks without thinking runs more risks than the person who thinks without talking."

Translation: Chief needs to think first or keep his mouth shut as in "This tree is rotten."

Quote: A little lie isn't so bad - it's all those you have to tell to keep up with the first that makes you uncomfortable."

Translation: If you want to tell when the Chief is lying, watch for his mouth to move.

Stay tuned...

10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
You are never home

Cause you always roam

Leave your spouse at the house

Up in the GHETTO!

10-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Ex Police Chief Leading Florida Department (Nov. 12, 2003)

Former Sequim police chief Russ Barnes is back at the helm of another police department — this time in Florida.
Barnes, who left Sequim in 1997 to move back to Florida with his family, was recently hired as the head of the Zephyrhills police department, about 30 miles northeast of Tampa.
Barnes said Zephyrhills has a population of about 12,000, with a large retirement population similar to Sequim.
The police department, he noted, has 29 sworn officers, 13 civilians, several reserve officers, citizen volunteers and Explorers.
Barnes had some comments about the Sequim area and its residents in a brief e-mail interview. “I am very thankful for the support I’ve received from members of the media, the police department and the community at large during my background investigation, and for the constructive criticisms I’ve received from each group over the years as well,” noted Barnes. “I am hopeful the successes I aim to achieve in Zephyrhills will be a positive reflection as well upon the community of Sequim, to whom I will forever be grateful for the opportunity all of you provided for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am proud to have led the fine men and women of the Sequim police department and am heartened to have seen their continued progress under chiefs Nelson and Burge.”

Quote: Barnes said Zephyrhills has a population of about 12,000, with a large retirement population similar to Sequim.

Translation: 12,000 Zephyrhills residents = 4,334 Sequim residents, more Barnes math.

Quote: "Barnes had some comments about the Sequim area and its residents in a brief e-mail interview."

Translation: I sent the email to show I can amount to something.

Quote: "I am very thankful for the support I’ve received from members of the media, the police department and the community at large during my background investigation, and for the constructive criticisms I’ve received from each group over the years as well."

Translation: Thank god nobody told the truth about me or I would never get hired.

Quote: "I am proud to have led the fine men and women of the Sequim police department and am heartened to have seen their continued progress under chiefs Nelson and Burge.”

Translation: I wish I was a leader and led you fine men and women instead of being run out of the state.

10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh the thinks you can think if you only try.........
But the chief dont think!!!!

10-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Ob-La-De, Ob-La-Da life goes on...........

Hey Chief Corky I bet you had alot of fun doing that show, I wish they would do a where are they now series. And people thought the most you could do is bag groceries. Boy have you hit the hunny pot.

11-01-2006, 02:24 AM
A poem if I were the Chief...

I can't pay the rent

cause I have to fix that dent...

I can't let the people know in the city

that I am real, real ... sh...

(hu hum) real shi...

ahh crap cause I am just plain stupid!

People say I live in the Ghetto

just because theres crack in the meadow

Life aint fair,

and on top of that I am losing my hair...

11-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Hey it's been almost 6 days without a complaint CHEIF!!!!!!!!!! this has to be a new record for you...

11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Your right, he's been busy politicin! Chief, I think you found your call. Your just like all the politicians in this world, a liar. I think next election year, you should run for mosquito control, because you do suck!!!