PDA

View Full Version : New Contract

HPD-0939
09-16-2006, 04:29 AM
"New Officers" leave to any other department, if you remain in Hialeah, you will never have a take-home vehicle. so leave while you can. Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater.

Is appreciated that the Honorable Mayor Robaina wants to open our contract and open the doors to negotiations. However, just leave it close if you are going to take things away. For some reason, our city administrators have this idea that all departments are equal and contract issues should be equal. They are wrong.

In any city, the firefighters and the police are the essential body of employees and followed by everyone else. With this, it is rediculous for someone to even say that the Police contract should be the same as the civilian.

Firefighters and the Police are forbidden by law to go on a strike. The civilians employees are not forbidden to strike, no doubt that if they do it they might just get fired and they should not do it, especially when there is a contract in effect. Now you can see why we are not equal, and that was just a small example.

Now think of this, currently we get 75% of our pay if we become disable while on duty. The city attorney on behalf of the mayor, wants our disability rating to be 66% instead of 75%. We cannot accept that as police officers.

If I was a paper pusher maybe I will say yes, what are the chances of getting shot while processing payroll or better yet, what are the chances of getting crash by a DUI while receiving a 911 phone call at communication.

Next time an armed robbery calls go out, we can ask the dispatcher when the bad guy is gone so we can move in; do not want to get disable if I will starve after. Rather work, make my overtime and survive.

Next time that HFD request to know if it is safe to move in, we should request to ask the civilian calling 911. What ever you do, just write your two tickets a day and answer your calls in a safe manner, don't try to be a hero, the City is showing how much they care by reducing your disability rate. And it will not help you to go to the detective section since they do not even have an oral board for those positions.

Guys and girls, we need to unite as one and show them that we care and that indeed we are different. At a minimum, we deserve a little more money so we do not have to work overtime, our disability should remain the same if not increase it.

You want take-home vehicles, go and apply at another department, it is against the Mayor's philosophy; it is not even a business decision, which tells me that they have the money. Our PBA representative should do their job right and keep us inform more often, they should not take matters into their own hands.

We want more money at least to bring us at the same level as other neighboring departments like MDPD. If no money in liquid cash, then a take-home will compensate for that but is agaisnt his philosophy. It was proven that a take-home vehicle, if we change the oil every other month, will save the City a lot of money. Leave the disability alone. More hazard pay for us, maybe special pay for FTO's,SWAT, and a special pay for patrol officer of 10% so we can get those lazy experienced detectives back in patrol and share their knowledge with the future of the department, the rookies.

For some reason, patrol is treated like the trash but if you really think about it, the uniformed division is the most highly visible out of the rest, should we be happy?

:x

09-18-2006, 03:41 AM
HPD09-39 YOUR COMMENT IS EXTREMELY ACCURATE. ALL OTHER CITIES AROUND US INCLUDING NORTH MIAMI, SWEETWATER, AND EVEN NORTH MIAMI BEACH HAVE TAKE HOME VEHICLES. How is it the one of the biggest cities in Florida(Hialeah) cannot have take home vehicles. We dont even have equipment.I am not writing 2 tickets a day anymore. What are they going to do write me up? I am tired of all the BS that goes on. We (Officers) work hard to maintain order in our city. When the Hurricane (Wilma) came through we were the ones out there directing traffic, maintaining order, etc. Our union needs to step it up!!!!!! And we as OFFICERS need to stick together .We want take home vehicles, shift differential,raise hazard pay, and merit step @ 10 years. My name is PETER DOYLE and I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE! :D

09-18-2006, 03:50 AM
GUYS WE CANT VOTE FOR YOU BUT IF WE CAN HELP APPLY POLITICAL PRESSURE,THATS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS,HOLLER!!!
EMAIL LEO TAPANES AND IF YOU HAVE AN FOP,LETS UNITE OUR RESOURCES..
ITS LUDICROUS THAT U GUYS DONT HAVE TAKE HOME CARS.. WE SPENT THOUSANDS ON STUDIES WHICH PROVE ITS EFFECTIVENESS.. GET WITH US..
MPD THAT SUPPORTS YOU GUYS

09-18-2006, 07:04 AM
QUE PASA HIALEAH????

Just wanted to send a shout out to Hialeah PD from across Biscayne Bay. Miami Beach PD has become Hialeah East. Maybe the Mayor will annex Miami Beach next and then you guys will get take-home cars? no? oh well. I guess you guys will just have to keep on sending applications. And to the Hialeah administration...Thanks for the training you are giving to all of our new officers. It has saved us so much money that we can afford to pay them a real salary and give them a car and the equipment they need to do the job. Oh well, gotta go back to bikini watching on my $30/hr 59, see ya.

MBPD and lovin' it

09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I believe we deserve equal pay for equal work at least with Sweetwater, since every other City is out of our reach. The take home car issue is huge. It is a benefit enjoyed by every single other major police department in South Florida. Whatever we get this contract we are not in a position to give anythign away and that is my Philosophy!!!

Also, we can not have the same disability as a civilian secretary that comes to work at the records section evryday. Seriously how can someone put a high hazard position like police officers in that category!!!

As far as sticking together good luck. This contract is devisive. SWAT wants thier 5%, so does K-9, and FTO's. They most certainly deserve it. However, the patrol officers deserves a take home vehicle first!!!!

09-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Here is some advice guys. I used to work for Hallandale Beach PD. They had no take-homes until after I left the city. They now have them. The reason being that Take-home cars actually save the city money. This is how you need to present this. Get the studies that have been done over and over that show that long-term costs to the city are actually LOWER when a take-home program exists. Then there needs to be a phase-in period. You cant just buy 500 cars in one year, because then you have to replace 500 at a time. The way Miami Beach did it was that the cars were paid for by Law Enforcement Trust Fund money for the initial purchase of every vehicle over a 5 year phase-in. When it's time to replace a vehicle (by either mileage or age), the city purchases the replacement car and sells the old car at auction. LETF funds are only used to purchase the first car for each person, the city takes over after that, paying for each replacement.

I will tell you this. If you do get take-home cars its going to really change the culture at your department. If you like to hang out with your squad after work and have a few beers, that is OVER. I have a take-home and I probably wouldn't give it up, but I do remember with great fondness the days where the entire SHIFT would go out together after work. That does not happen any more. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for, there are two sides to every coin. Good luck.

PS sorry about that last idiot from Miami Beach who posted on this thread. We are not all like that.

09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,
THE LAST POST IS 100% CORRECT!! I POSTED SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN" CALL OUR FOP,305-854-5019"
MIAMI PD HAS DONE ALL THE NECCESSARY STUDIES WHICH HAVE PROVEN THAT A TAKE HOME CAR SAVES THE CITY BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!
IN DOES REQUIRE A PHASE IN PERIOD BUT IT SAVES THE CITY BIG MONEY AND THAT WILL MAKE MR. ROBAINA REALLY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!
INREGARDS TO YOUR CONTRACT,DONT FIGHT OVER BENEFITS THAT SOME WILL GET AND OTHERS WONT! ANY BENEFIT IS A WIN AND AS LONG AS THEY DONT SELL OUT,SUPPORT YOUR BARGAINING UNIT!!
AT MPD THE FOLLOWING GET EXTRA MONEY AND I DONT: SWAT,FTO,CIT,DRE, AND NUMEROUS OTHER ACRONYMS,I DONT CARE,GOOD FOR MY FRIENDS. IF U WANT EXTRA,THEN APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS!!!!
THE ONLY EXTRA I GET IS THE SENIOR OFC. PAY WHICH ALL PATROLMEN RECEIVE IF IN PATROL AND MORE THAN 15YRS. ON AND OF COURSE MY TAKE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IVE BEEN HERE FOR MORE THAN 25YRS AND THE TAKE HOME IS A GREAT THING,ESPECIALLY WHEN U BUY THE SUN PASS AND THE CITY PAYS THE TOLLS. MAKES GOING ON EXPRESSWAY A LOT EASIER,FASTER.
THE PREVIOUS POST WAS ALSO RIGHT ON THE 35ING SCENARIO. ITS A LOT HARDER ONCE U HAVE THAT CAR BUT ITS WORTH IT!!
GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES.
WE WILL BE FIGHTING FOR OUR OWN CONTRACT,TRYING TO TAKE OUR PENSIONS,ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH!
IF MIKE PEREZ,HIALEAH,25YRS, STILL WORKS THERE, TELL HIM AN OLD FRIEND SAYS HI AND GOD SPEED. HOPE HIS FAMILY IS WELL!!!

09-21-2006, 01:52 PM
The take home vehicle issue is probably the single most important issue facing HPD today. The department is over 60% under 7 years. This means that most young officers see thier buddies from other departments with their take home vehicles. I will give you an example. The other day there was a police vehicle blocking traffic at 0300 hrs in the morning. I came up to that unit and asked him why he did not have his over head lights on? I told him it was dangerous because a 16 or any other driver not paying attention might rear-end him. The officer replied that if he turned on his over heads his vehicle would die!!!!! The problem is that is not an isolated incident. That officer was driving a 9 plus year old vehicle with over 90,000 miles!!! But not just that, that vehicle has been used by so many people at different times that no one took care of it and it shows!!!

As far as economic we have attempted to show the mayor that take home vehicle are economically better for the city in the long run. However, his response was that his was "Philosophically" against take home vehicles. Please tell me how you fight a philosophy? It is not a matter of money or anything else. It is a simple matter that in third world countries the police are mostly seeing as oppressive "Bad" guys and you wants them to have benefits. Hialeah has a third world mentality, as asd as that is. Not everyone of course and I think that things are slowly starting to change. I also believe this new mayor will be better for the city and the police than the old one. I just hope he can turn the department around before we sink any deeper. It is sad when you go to a radar class for example and you feel ashamed of your department. May all of the sheep die a peaceful death and may the Warriors die in battle with a blade in thier hand!

09-21-2006, 11:19 PM
IF THIS MAYOR IS BETTER THAN DICTATOR MARTINEZ, THEN WHATS HIS PROBLEM WITH PROGRESS???
USTEDES ESTAN PERDIDO SI EL IDIOTA ESTE HAS PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES WITH OFFICER SAFETY!! THATS WHAT THE TAKE HOME CAR IS ALL ABOUT!
9 YEAR POLICE CAR?????? R U SHIT...G ME?? THATS A TIME BOMB!!! WE HAD OFC. HERRING DIE IN A CAR LIKE THAT AND WE HAD TO SUE TILL THE CITY SAW THE LIGHT! NOW THE CITY LOVES TAKE HOME CARS CAUSE IT SAVES BIG MONEY AN OUR CARS ARE WELL KEPT!!
WOW,QUE TIPO MAS ESTUPIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH A CLOSE MINDED IDIOT LIKE THAT!

09-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Here is some advice guys. I used to work for Hallandale Beach PD. They had no take-homes until after I left the city. They now have them. The reason being that Take-home cars actually save the city money. This is how you need to present this. Get the studies that have been done over and over that show that long-term costs to the city are actually LOWER when a take-home program exists. Then there needs to be a phase-in period. You cant just buy 500 cars in one year, because then you have to replace 500 at a time. The way Miami Beach did it was that the cars were paid for by Law Enforcement Trust Fund money for the initial purchase of every vehicle over a 5 year phase-in. When it's time to replace a vehicle (by either mileage or age), the city purchases the replacement car and sells the old car at auction. LETF funds are only used to purchase the first car for each person, the city takes over after that, paying for each replacement.

He is right about wishing and getting. Every dirt bag for blocks who didn't know a cop lives there, now does. Ask K-9 guys if there windsheilds have had cement blocks thrown thru them And just a very short time ago, a city of miami cop had a cement block thrown thru his front window of his home, the shattering glass covering his new born on the carpet, he had just been playing with the kid. Don't tell wives about this fact with take home cars. you might get them.

I will tell you this. If you do get take-home cars its going to really change the culture at your department. If you like to hang out with your squad after work and have a few beers, that is OVER. I have a take-home and I probably wouldn't give it up, but I do remember with great fondness the days where the entire SHIFT would go out together after work. That does not happen any more. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for, there are two sides to every coin. Good luck.

PS sorry about that last idiot from Miami Beach who posted on this thread. We are not all like that.

09-23-2006, 09:44 PM
The facts that I am about to discuss come from a very well respected PBA rep. The final language on the contract has not been finalized, but here are what we have so far.

The Good:
The raises are as follows: 3.5%, 3.5%, and 3.0% for the next three years. There is also going to be an increase to the high hazard duty rate of about $30 dollars bi-weekly. There will be an extra S.T.E.P raise at 10 years of 5% added. There will also be specialty pay for SWAT 5%, K-9 5%, and FTO's 5% - but only when they are training someone. There will also be a shift differential of about 2.5% for MIds and 2% for afternoons. There are some other minor details but none of them are deal breakers or makers.

The Bad:

Our disability will drop from 75% to 66%. There will be wording that if you are involved in a catastrophic incident then you will be able to receive the 75% disability. However, at this time the wording is so vague that for example an exposure where you contract aids would probably place you in the 66% category. However,that is not for sure,again the wording is very disputable. It can go either way.

Secondly we must give up the insurance for life when you retired for anyone hired after October 1, 2006. This sounds fine at first because most people do not think it will affect them. However, this means that in the future when the majority of the department is new and does not have this benefit they can trade it away for those of you that have it,for whatever they want. Do to contract law none of us can be grandfathered in. The mayor will be putting wording in the City Charter, but do not confuse that with being grandfathered in. All it would take is for us ten years from now to get rid of the benefit and it will be gone for all that are still here. You must do the math to see how much it would cost you to pay your own insurance when you retire until the day you die. Again this will only happen if the future members of our department want it. It is not a sure thing but it is a very real possibility. Remember if we take a benefit away from them why should they not take a benefit from us?

Thirdly is the matter of our insurance this April. If we sign this contract our insurance will be left open and when it goes up in April we will have no barganing power to do anything about it. We will be under contract for the next three years. The insurance might only go up a little or a lot no one can predict this. The only prediction is that it will go up.

One must also remember that some of these issues will not affect everyone in the department. Someone that is just a couple of years away from retiring has very little to lose and a lot to gain. Some of you with a lot of time left have less to gain and a lot to risk. Whatever decesion you make please inform yourself so you can do what is best for you and your family. I wold urge you to keep the future in mind, but you must do what is best for you. Also press your PBA reps for answers that is why you voted for them. Ask them specifics on the contracts and their own opinions. Remember that they sat across from the mayor and probably have a better feel for what is best. Good luck all.

09-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Thank you for putting all of this out there like that. Guys, we can't allow ANYONE to take away ANY benefit that the other officers before us fought hard for. I just discovered that when we retire our health insurane is covered for the rest of our live. This is a rare benefit. One that we cannot affort to loose. We will never have a take home car policy so forget even fighting for it. Another very important thing i learned recently is about the 185 fund. We cant let them have that either. Lets consintrate on the raises, shift differental, and hazardous duty pay.

09-24-2006, 03:48 AM
YOU GUYS HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR LIFE???FREE???
NO WAY! IF TRUE,FORGET TAKE HOME,PAY RAISES,R U KIDDING ME? CANT BE!
NO DEPT. HAS THAT BENEFIT OR WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH!
THATS EQUIVALENT TO 100'S OF THOUSADNDS OF DOLLARS PER EACH OFC, LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BE A MISTAKE?????????

09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
CAN SOMEBODY CHECK WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AND VEREFY IF ABOVE IS TRUE???

09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
whats the scoop with garrido,swears to be the best cop hialeah ever had......a

"New Officers" leave to any other department, if you remain in Hialeah, you will never have a take-home vehicle. so leave while you can. Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater.

Is appreciated that the Honorable Mayor Robaina wants to open our contract and open the doors to negotiations. However, just leave it close if you are going to take things away. For some reason, our city administrators have this idea that all departments are equal and contract issues should be equal. They are wrong.

In any city, the firefighters and the police are the essential body of employees and followed by everyone else. With this, it is rediculous for someone to even say that the Police contract should be the same as the civilian.

Firefighters and the Police are forbidden by law to go on a strike. The civilians employees are not forbidden to strike, no doubt that if they do it they might just get fired and they should not do it, especially when there is a contract in effect. Now you can see why we are not equal, and that was just a small example.

Now think of this, currently we get 75% of our pay if we become disable while on duty. The city attorney on behalf of the mayor, wants our disability rating to be 66% instead of 75%. We cannot accept that as police officers.

If I was a paper pusher maybe I will say yes, what are the chances of getting shot while processing payroll or better yet, what are the chances of getting crash by a DUI while receiving a 911 phone call at communication.

Next time an armed robbery calls go out, we can ask the dispatcher when the bad guy is gone so we can move in; do not want to get disable if I will starve after. Rather work, make my overtime and survive.

Next time that HFD request to know if it is safe to move in, we should request to ask the civilian calling 911. What ever you do, just write your two tickets a day and answer your calls in a safe manner, don't try to be a hero, the City is showing how much they care by reducing your disability rate. And it will not help you to go to the detective section since they do not even have an oral board for those positions.

Guys and girls, we need to unite as one and show them that we care and that indeed we are different. At a minimum, we deserve a little more money so we do not have to work overtime, our disability should remain the same if not increase it.

You want take-home vehicles, go and apply at another department, it is against the Mayor's philosophy; it is not even a business decision, which tells me that they have the money. Our PBA representative should do their job right and keep us inform more often, they should not take matters into their own hands.

We want more money at least to bring us at the same level as other neighboring departments like MDPD. If no money in liquid cash, then a take-home will compensate for that but is agaisnt his philosophy. It was proven that a take-home vehicle, if we change the oil every other month, will save the City a lot of money. Leave the disability alone. More hazard pay for us, maybe special pay for FTO's,SWAT, and a special pay for patrol officer of 10% so we can get those lazy experienced detectives back in patrol and share their knowledge with the future of the department, the rookies.

For some reason, patrol is treated like the trash but if you really think about it, the uniformed division is the most highly visible out of the rest, should we be happy?

:x

09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
We are glad that Garrido left to your department on time. Good luck with him.

09-29-2006, 08:23 AM
It is true that our health insurance at the time of retirement is paid by the City; however, we are talking retirement. If we do not get a raise in lieu of retirement, we will starve. And what about if a misfortune takes place and we don't get to see the light of retirement, damn. We will die one day and it is just a matter of when. Are you ready for it? Today might just be your day.

09-30-2006, 01:59 AM
there is no way the city of hialeah pays your HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!
I NEED THE PRES. OF YOUR UNION OR SOMEONE WILLING TO POST NAME OR PLACE I CAN CALL OR GO TO CHECK! IF SO,YOU GUYS ARE THE ONLY P.D. I KNOW THAT WILL AND NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT! R U KIDDING ME? YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!
THE TAKE HOMES ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO HEALTH CARE,GET A GRIP!!!

10-01-2006, 02:03 AM
hialeah human resources 305-883-8050

10-01-2006, 02:55 AM
Rookies...Senior Guys...Patrol...Detectives...As long as we see ourselves in categories and not as HPD COPS we loose, they win!!!!!!!!! as a whole we have never gotten involved in the DEPARTMENT and I do not mean POLITICS. I'm talking about the way we are treated, the equiptment or lack there of...WHERE IS THE PBA during the year???? Where are the REPS??? John Gerry is the only REP with a proven track record and he was pushed to run... STEP UP GUYS, you have to fight for what you want.

We have a chance to start with a clean slate with Robaina, lets not repeat the mistakes of the past and start with the name calling, lets negotiate like the professionals we profess to be. Lets get our facts together...STATS, SURVEYS, STUDIES...Lets play it SMART. Let the Reps know we want the Mayor to know where we stand, DON"T let that SPINELESS WEASEL CITY ATTORNEY play us, he's SCUM and hates us. To the REPS watch that creep. :evil:

The largest part of the PD is not even vested, WAKE UP...GET INVOLED make HPD Contract what we trully are; A GREAT POLICE FORCE. Our quality is measured by US not what they have given us. We have proved this time & time again. Its about time that our pay and benefits reflect the quality of cops we are.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL

10-01-2006, 03:12 AM
thank you for the human resource no#. i will call tuesday, mon. jewish holiday.. if its true ill post that and my hat is off to hialeah,city government!
guys,i know most of u r young and thinking of only pay,cars,etc. and rightfully so but if this is a fact,you have no clue what benefit u have!!
i have worked at mpd for over 20 yrs. and currently pay over 300 dollars a month for health insurance.. its basic p.p.o., no vision,no dental and for 3deps! 200.per person deductible,only 80% coverage all year and numerous other co-pays etc.
lifetime,medical??? ill take that over all other benefits anytime!!!!
god bless u guys and as the other post said,"stay together and be one against the forces of evil in government" your city atty.is probably from the same law school our mayor and city manager r from,hijo puta,college!
good luck and wish us well too.. we will be protesting next week and every day/week,till mayor and the others provide us with a real contract!!

10-01-2006, 03:35 AM
GET A CLUE: You are so right. We have to look at the big picture. It is a fact that as of today we get FREE health insurance for life upon retirement, I'm with u on this ITS A HELL OF A BENI... Call H/R or our Selection Unit talk to Colon or Barbie. She knows all the nerdy brainy crap. Colon's been there 4ever & knows all that stuff 2. Don't know the number but H/R can transfer u ask 4 them.

We feel for you guys at MPD u have been HAD time over time, let the BRASS know who's in charge...without the men in blue there is no department. Stay together, don't tell the new guys to leave have them stay & FIGHT for [/b]YOUR department!

LUCK BROTHER!!!

10-01-2006, 09:10 AM
"Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater. "

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS FULL OF CRAP. OFC. SUAREZ HAD NOT BEEN HIRED BY SWEETWATER, HE WAS APPOINTED TO BE A RESERVE OFFICER. AND HE DEFINATELY DOES NOT HAVE A "TAKE-HOME" CAR. HE IS ALLOWED TO WORK EXTRA DUTY, BUT HE IS NOT A PAID CITY EMPLOYEE FROM SWEETWATER. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ESCARRA.

10-01-2006, 07:20 PM
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WE DON'T NEED TO SHOW ANYONE WHO IS BOSS, WE NEED TO STAND STRONG AND SIMPLY DEMAND NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR OURSELVES, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE, THE BEST.

WE CURRENTLY HAVE A CONTRACT. WE DID NOT ASK TO RE-OPEN THIS ONE, THE MAYOR DID. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN HE CAN EITHER GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH SIGNING OR GO AWAY UNTIL NEXT TIME. OBVIOUSLY IT WILL BE TO HIS BENEFIT TO GIVE US A CONTRACT NOW, OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN OFFERING ONE TO US.

THIS BUSINESS OF DIVIDING K-9, SWAT, FTO'S, ETC. MUST STOP. WE ARE ALL EQUALLY IMPORTANT AND EACH OF US HAS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO. WE ALL HAVE OUR SPECIALTIES AND WE ALL DESERVE SPECIALTY PAY IN OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE. WE ALL DESERVE A RAISE. WE ALL DESERVE TO BE COMPENSATED TO THE MAXIMUM IF INJURED AND DISABLED, NOT JUST FROM A CATASTROPHIC INCIDENT WHICH THEY WILL DECIDE.

DONT SELL OUT TO THE OFFICERS NOT YET HIRED BY GIVING UP YOUR BENEFIT OF HEALTH INSURANCE FOR LIFE. WE ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO BE GIVING ANYTHING AWAY. IF HE WANTS A CONTRACT AND WANTS TO MAKE US HAPPY THEN HE WILL HAVE TO GIVE NOT TAKE.

THE TWO BIG MONEY ITEMS FOR OUR AGENCY IS THE HEALTH INSURANCE AND THE 185 FUND. NEVER LET GO OF EITHER. IF YOU BARGAIN THESE AWAY, WHAT WILL THEY TAKE NEXT TIME?

THINK OF YOUR FUTURE, NOT JUST OF TODAY.

10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
My brothers and sisters in arms.
Don’t allow yourselves to be driven apart by the perceptions of the misinformed and those with personal agendas.
In truth, we are in a post September 11 world, where our roles in law enforcement have been expanded and the possibilities of serious injuries have increased ten-fold. Why do you now carry PPC gear?
Are you training for possible civil disorder in the event of Castro’s death?
Have you been sent to other far away places in this state to conduct law enforcement missions after the hurricanes? (Only because FEMA paid)
Don’t the experts predict that in 2 to 5 years this country is going to be involved in a major world-wide armed conflict?
AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT TO OUR INSURANCE COVERAGE????
AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT TO DISABILITY RETIREMENT????
AND THEY WANT TO DO WHAT WITH THE 185 MONEYS THAT THEY CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO????
My friends, if you really want to be stupid, you better learn to get tough!
We ARE in a HIGH RISK profession. The HIGH RISK refers to risk of serious injury or DEATH. Are you getting the picture here?
We have always done our jobs and taken the risks because somewhere in the back of our minds, we felt that we and our families would be taken care of if some job related catastrophic event was to impact our lives. We are heroes, right, and government always takes good care of heroes. (Sic)
Take home cars would be nice, but you don’t get to keep it and sell it to pay for your medical bills.
Make your decisions wisely and based on good judgment and pertinent information. Do NOT, Do Not give benefits away, you may never see them again EVER.

10-04-2006, 05:17 PM
GUYS LISTEN TO THE LAST POST!
THE TAKE HOMES ARE NICE BUT LOOK AT THE LONG PICTURE.. YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT RETIREMENT PACKAGE WITH THAT LIFETIME HEALTH INSURANCE,1%,ETC..
DONT GIVE UP ANYTHING THINKING THE ROOKIES WILL GET IT BACK LATER,THEY WONT!!!!!!!!!!
WHEN YOU SELLOUT, LIKE WE HAVE FOR MANY YEARS,YOULL FIND THE CITY WILL NEVER OFFER OR AGREE TO RETURNING THOSE BENEFITS AND THE GUYS BEHIND ARE SCREWED!! OLD TIMERS,DONT BE GREEDY AND DONT SELL THE ROOKIES DOWN THE RIVER,UNITE AND FIGHT!!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AND GOD SPEED!
WE WILL BE DEMONSTRATING AGAIN THIS THURSDAY,THE 5TH AT 5PM INFRONT OF OUR NEW P.A.C. BUILDING AT BLVD.AND 13ST...
IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED,WE WILL MEET AT WATSON ISLAND,OVER MACARTHUR CAUSEWAY, AT 4PM TO BE BUSED TO BLVD. THYE MAYOR IS HOSTING THE GRAN OPENING WITH OUR GOVERNOR.
THE LAST ONE GOT HIS ATTENTION,LETS SEE WHAT THE GOVERNOR AND ALL VIPS THINK?

10-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, I wasn't a big supporter of take home vehicles for personal reasons, not being able to hang out after work, etc. The department I work for merge with the county and we received take home vehicles. It does make a big difference. Not only are you going to save money in gas, but also time. You won't have to load your gear everyday, we used to load our gear everyday. You can keep your car clean and know is going to work when you go on duty. There are many good things aobout the take home vehicle. Also, there's a flip side to them. You might have to render aid on your way home after a 12 hr shift. Overall you guys will like the benefit of a take home vehicle. I hope you guys get a good contract, including benefits, step plan, take home vehicle. Hialeah is a busy department and you guys deserve.

Cuidense mucho,
un policia en el norte del estado los saluda a todos hermanos ...

10-09-2006, 06:28 PM
"Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater. "

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS FULL OF CRAP. OFC. SUAREZ HAD NOT BEEN HIRED BY SWEETWATER, HE WAS APPOINTED TO BE A RESERVE OFFICER. AND HE DEFINATELY DOES NOT HAVE A "TAKE-HOME" CAR. HE IS ALLOWED TO WORK EXTRA DUTY, BUT HE IS NOT A PAID CITY EMPLOYEE FROM SWEETWATER. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ESCARRA.
i found out that ofc juarez o suarez whatever name you wnat to call him..
yep he works for sweetwater pd and yeap he got a take home car. and he is making more money that anybody from hpd doing off dutties from 35 to 55 dollars an hour..... ohhh i forggot to talk you guys i think he just purchase his third house in miami gardens.......
so whats the deal with ofc suarez o juarez

10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
[quote="SOUTH FLA COP":7glp9o2l]"Those of you who have more that 10 years, you are not going anywhere so stay put and admire Ofc. Juarez who got fired from our department and now has a take-home vehicle while working in sweetwater. "

i find out that ofc juarez o suarez whatever name you wnat to call him..
yep he works for sweetwater pd and yeap he got a take home car. and he is making more money that anybody from hpd doing off dutties from 35 to 55 dollars an hour..... ohhh i forggot to tell you guys i think he just purchase his third house in miami gardens.......
so whats the deal with ofc suarez o juarez[/quote:7glp9o2l]
wait i think he make more money than me.....shit
a city employee y hace mas dindero q yo.....................

10-10-2006, 03:08 AM
We are glad that Garrido left to your department on time. Good luck with him.

I second that emotion.

10-10-2006, 05:13 AM
ofcourse the mayor will give you all those raises.... He sees all those young bucks in the department and if they're not well informed, a raise in three consecutive years looks very appealing. It's just a facade to hide what he really wants "The insurance". Many years ago Martinez oops " i mean Castro of hialeah" wanted to get back the multiplier which is at 3% as oppose to 2.5... You ask how he tried, well he tried to indulge everyone with high raises but in return give up the multiplier that was given by then interum mayor julio martinez. Honestly, i don't know what he was smoking that day but who in their right state of mind will agree to such a ludicrous offer. Those raise are irrelevant, you can easily compensate those raises with overtime and for God sakes get your off -duty rate up. When i was there it was $18/hr and i know now it's $20/hr. I on the otherhand am enjoying at a comfortable $35/hr so try to bargain this route and keep the insurance policy...i have many friends there and i wish them the very best. former hia ofc. fight, fight ,fight

10-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Well the contract passed by over a 90% yes vote. The sad thing is we gave up the lifetime insurance for the new hired personnel and we did not even get take homes for them. Now the new personnel will have the worst of both worlds! They won't have a good retirement or the up front benefits enjoyed by other departments. Well I hope this department turn around. Then again I will probably leave as soon as I get vested. All the Mayor had to do was wave a little money and veryone forgets the future. If tings go wrong especially in April, remember we voted for this, so NO Cry babies!! You get and deserve what you vote for. Hopefully I will be wrong.

To answer the comments of those others it is true that almost none other department pays health insurance for life upon retirement, but they do give many other benefuts that we here at HPD do not enjoy. So we gave up that benefit for the future officers and what did we get them very little! Again I know most have families to take care and the money was not bad, I just hope that we can live with the choices we have made. Good Luck and GO Marlins!!!

10-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Rookies...Senior Guys...Patrol...Detectives...As long as we see ourselves in categories and not as HPD COPS we loose, they win!!!!!!!!! as a whole we have never gotten involved in the DEPARTMENT and I do not mean POLITICS. I'm talking about the way we are treated, the equiptment or lack there of...WHERE IS THE PBA during the year???? Where are the REPS??? John Gerry is the only REP with a proven track record and he was pushed to run... STEP UP GUYS, you have to fight for what you want.

We have a chance to start with a clean slate with Robaina, lets not repeat the mistakes of the past and start with the name calling, lets negotiate like the professionals we profess to be. Lets get our facts together...STATS, SURVEYS, STUDIES...Lets play it SMART. Let the Reps know we want the Mayor to know where we stand, DON"T let that SPINELESS WEASEL CITY ATTORNEY play us, he's SCUM and hates us. To the REPS watch that creep. :evil:

The largest part of the PD is not even vested, WAKE UP...GET INVOLED make HPD Contract what we trully are; A GREAT POLICE FORCE. Our quality is measured by US not what they have given us. We have proved this time & time again. Its about time that our pay and benefits reflect the quality of cops we are.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL
HPD A GREAT POLICE FORCE....
JAJAJAJAJAJAJA SIGUE SONANDO....
THAT PLACE IS FULL OF SHIT.....
STARTING WITH THE OFFICERSSSSSS..
EXAMPLE OFC SALCEDO THE FEMALE ONE..
TELL HER TO STOP ****ING THE CAPTAIN.......
AND TO STOP ****ING THE ON PEOPLE THAT SHE WORKS FOR....
SHE IS GOOD FOR THAT.... AND HER SISTER TAMBIEN...
USTEDES SABIAN Q LA HERMANA TRABAJABA EN TRAISURE ISLAND..
BAILANDO POR UN DOLLAR..............JAJAJA
BUT THATS OK........

10-10-2006, 04:05 PM
to sector6 and a few others who really got it,my condolences!!
I never thought that u guys would give up your HEALTH INSURANCE FOR LIFE BUT THE LAST POST,BEFORE THE FOOL FROM BROWARD,EXPLIANED IT! you guys who voted to screw the new guys have sold out and caused irreprable harm for all who follow and for what? a few extra cents an hour!
i am not judging you cause the city of miami seniors scrwed those with less than 10yrs on but LIFE TIME INSURANCE,NEVER! THOSE KIDS WOULD HAVE FOUGHT US ALL THE WAY AND WOULD HAVE SPLIT OUR DEPT. EVEN MORE,GOOD LUCK!
THATS WATER OVER THE BRIDGE NOW BUT U GUYS DIDNT EVEN GET THE TAKE HOMES SO WHAT THE HELL DID U GET OTHER THAN A FEW CENTS EXTRA? PLEASE POST WHAT U GAVE UP AND WHAT U GOT!

I PRAY THAT WE,MPD,DONT SCREW THE KIDS AGAIN DURING THIS BATTLE WITH THE DARK FORCES AT CITY HALL. TODOS LOS POLITICO Y CITY MGR.'S SON IGUALES,UNOS HIJOS DE PUTA AND GUESS WHAT,SO ARE SOME OF OUR P.D. STAFF MEMBERS!!

10-12-2006, 06:21 AM
I can't believe you voted to end the free health insurance for life. I am so glad I left that place.

10-21-2006, 06:18 AM
HIALEAH IS IMPROVING. INSTEAD OF TAKE HOME CARS WE ARE GETTING A BRAND NEW PAINT JOB ON THE VEHICLES! ISNT THAT GREAT? I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE ONE AND LEAVE IT AT THE STATION AT THE END OF MY SHIFT. WOW THIS IS AWESOME!

10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
HIALEAH IS IMPROVING. INSTEAD OF TAKE HOME CARS WE ARE GETTING A BRAND NEW PAINT JOB ON THE VEHICLES! ISNT THAT GREAT? I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE ONE AND LEAVE IT AT THE STATION AT THE END OF MY SHIFT. WOW THIS IS AWESOME!

Look at it this way. At least you get a take home key. Free churros.

10-27-2006, 07:16 AM
It is comical and almost hilarious how "outsiders" , officers from another department can come and say how bad our department is, then again they have never worked with us. Our department is an awesome department, mind you when I say department I am talking about the excellent officers that work in the department. Where else can you go and take a traffic stop and have every officer in your sector swing by and give you a thumbs up. I have spoken to many officers from different departments tri county and most of them say that it bearly happens in their department. About take homes, how can we have take homes if we are still working on getting enough units and getting laptops in our vehicles. We still have tandy's that are older than I am. I think we need to work on the little things first and then ask for the bigger things.

My fellow HP officers lets stick together. we are a team.

YesCop
11-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Did you guys get a New Contract? What are the Terms, and for how many years? Some "Guest" on the Miami site said you guys ratified a contract, but didn't give specifics. Or he might have been "Crappin' Churros". Anybody help here..

01-13-2007, 01:03 AM
no comment on garrido just ask any hpd officer on person. TRUST ME

Unregistered
10-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Wow, after so many years, this place still sucks. It is sad to see the old posts.