PDA

View Full Version : B-pad

09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I am from a different agency and saw that you guys have something called a B-pad in your process. What is that and what can I expect if i go through the process. Also do you guys have an oral board type setting with multiple people or just a single interview. Thanks

09-15-2006, 01:43 PM
hmmm. I didnt know they still did the B-pad but if they do its pretty simple if you have past experience as a LEO, and a little difficult if you dont.

You feel like an idiot doing the B-pad but what you do is sit in a room and face a screen with a video camera facing you. You will look at a series of scenarios dealing with different types of calls you may go on, ethics issues, etc etc You watch a short scenario and then it suddenly stops and you have to talk at the screen like as if you where there on scene and respond how you think the situation needs to be handled.

Once again you feel like an idiot because you are talking to a screen, but its pretty easy

09-15-2006, 07:41 PM
thanks!

Yeah on your website it still says B-pad, but thats cool if you don't do it, seems easy enough if they still do.

09-16-2006, 03:22 AM
You don't have to do the BPAD anymore, the website has not been updated yet and probably won't be until the new salaries are ready to be posted on there.