PDA

View Full Version : nice job st pete

09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
whats with the use of a taser with children around , any leo should no enough not to stop a car for any violation in or around a school zone .Now I know why st pete is loosing there officers keep up the good work

Moral Majority
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Are you kidding? Of all places that could have went down, that was the best place, that is were all the future inmates of our state hotel are currently spending there time. Maybe, by watching one of there past graduates go down, it will change the course of there life. On second thought, forget it.........

09-13-2006, 07:03 PM
good thing they have that strict college req for the officers they hire,tasering someone on a school ground shows there level of mentality.

09-13-2006, 07:33 PM
like they had a choice on where they were going to taser the guy. even if they stopped the guy away out of the school zone who knows if he would have ran there anyways. You have no control on where the suspect is going to run. you cant tell them oh sorry school is off grounds dont run there

09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Lots of Monday Morning Quarterbacks out there apparently thinking their better at being Police than the Police.

This is another example of LEOs lose/lose situation. Cop tasers suspect - everyone gets upset about kids nearby. Cop doesn't taser suspect - suspect gets away or worse enters school and everyone wonders why the cops let that happen.

I say the man in the field makes the call and the rest should shut up or sign up for the PD. Then you can make all the call yourself.

Go SPPD!!!

09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
wow, guess it would have been better to let the fleeing suspect continue running through the school right? Here is a question: Why weren't the exterior doors to the school secured as they are supposed to be? I think the officer took the right course of action and ended a potentially very dangerouse situation. But then again all the "experts" on here know better, your right, should have gone hands on, had a good knock down drag out brawl in front of all the students, risked letting the suspect get away, maybe take a student hostage, hurt one of them, a teacher? let me know when this sound as ridiculouse as the earlier posts. To guest11111, I'm glad you are not my zone partner and I pray to all thats holy your not a cop.

09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
To dam bad for the bad guy. If I had to shoot and kill someone and kids were around then so be it.

Im sure there would of been a big stink if the cops killed the Columbine shooters in front of those kids, NOT. The cops would of been given awards for their valor.

So take your liberal views and Shut The F.ck Up. You liberals are part of the problem not the solution.

Good job SPPD!!! BE SAFE!!!!

09-14-2006, 12:31 AM
the bottom line is the stop shoulndt have been made near the school as its an fdle rule policy

09-14-2006, 12:44 AM
What is the defintion of close to a school? 100 feet, 500 feet, 1 block, 2 blocks, quarter mile, half mile, mile. There are many public & private schools around the city included students being home schooled in their homes so does that mean stops shouldn't be made anywhere?

Great job officers for doing your job! Thank-You!

Remember you can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time.

09-14-2006, 12:48 AM
the bottom line is the stop shoulndt have been made near the school as its an fdle rule policy

the bottom line is FDLE does not work the streets. FDLE does not deal with the scum of the state on an every day basis. Ever seen an FDLE cruiser? Of course not. They sit in their office and come out when needed, that's their job. I don't have a problem with that. But when it comes to being on the front lines, right in the middle of the sh#!, their rules are just suggestions. And by the way, if FDLE mandates such a thing as you are suggesting, I guess the SPPD violates it hundreds of times each month when they have traffic details in school zones.

The generals can tell you whatever they want in a war, but you do what you have to do when your on the battlefield.

09-14-2006, 03:23 AM
The traffic stop was done in the 800 block of 9 Street South for all those interested. The suspect committed a felony fleeing and eluding and had 3 felony warrants. The suspect ran north directly into the school. The suspect made his choice of venue to run to, and unfortunately it was a school. We ended the situation as quickly as possible and got him out of area.

Obviously, we would have liked to never had the above situation take place. Unfortunately, the suspect brought this terrible event to the public, and the blame should be placed on him.

So to say the Police are at fault in this situation is a bit of stretch. It's nice to see we have a few supporters that wish to see criminals go to jail.

09-14-2006, 03:53 AM
sppd you guys did the right thing and way to go on capturing this guy. you cant dictate what the next move a criminal is going to make cause if you could they would all be behind bars. once again good job

09-14-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks, thanks, thanks! No cops hurt, no children taken hostage, not teachers or staff taken hostage, bad guy goes to jail. It's what you get paid for and it ain't nearly enough, thanks for doing it anyway.

Wonder what the response would've been if the officer did not take action and the bad guy (he was a bad guy!) took some fine citizens little darling as a human shield. There is a bigger picture here than chasing some guy into a school. What are suppose to do, let him go? Hell chase him anywhere he goes, just get him.

Thanks again. Chin up, what you do is important to the good citizens of this City.

09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Sometimes I am amazed by what I read here. Your Chief will undoubtedly yield to these liberal do gooders and develop a policy restricting policing near schools. Can you imagine if police didn’t chase criminals through schools. They would all drive there and bail out to avoid arrests.

You do not get enough thanks for the job you do for our community. Thank you and hold your head high. You do a great service to us all 24/7 and you have my family’s proud support.

Lawman
09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
The person that started this post needs to watch the press conference on the other thread that was just posted.

09-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Not tasering at a school? Hey here's an idea, just shoot him. That probably wouldn't affect the young minds full of mush now would it? Now I see where we get the "don't bomb'em in the cemetaries" line of thinking. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Has the world gone mad?

The only thing I would have done differently is called an assembly so that the entire student body and staff could have witnessed this. Reach out to the community. Demonstrate SPPDs committment to the safe apprehension of the crimnal element. This incident is the perfect segway into a crime awareness presentation. Heck, you could even chalk it up to being a recruiting pitch.

09-17-2006, 03:24 PM
wow, the initial post was probably written with a wrap sheet that spans ten pages, whose children stand on the street corner slinging crack. That was a typical uneducated, liberal post and that person shouldnt even be on sites like this. Haha, typical response from the community that it was the officers fault for making an arrest, the POPO can never win in the eyes of the crooked community.

Everyone knows exactly why people have been leaving SPPD for many years, but I will say the current officers have their work cut out for them. KEEP UP THE WORK to all that remain!!!!