PDA

View Full Version : PLANTATION OFFICERS APPLYING AT DAVIE PD

09-13-2006, 03:24 AM
I heard a rumor that some PPD officers were thinking about dropping aps with Davie. Any truth to this ?

If you have any questions about Davie's benefits let me know.

09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes....there is truth to that
Due to the poor pay & benefits here at PPD, some of our officers are looking for employment elsewhere.
In these tough economic times, it just makes fiscal sense to work somewhere else that has better pay & benefits. Not to mention the fact that our agency is still lacking computers and equipment (ie: issued weapons, issued gun belts, etc)
Unfortunatley, with your anticipated hiring of 20-40 officers in the next 2 years, you would be getting some excellent officers which would be our loss
Hopefully, our city does the right thing and does not gut our beloved police department.
Thanks for your interest and please support your brothers & sisters at PPD!!!!

09-14-2006, 02:50 AM
DAVIE PD IS CURRENTLY LOSING OFFICERS THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR LESS THEN 5 YEARS. NOT TI MENTION THE GUYS GETTING READY TO RETIRE. NO SIGN OF THINGS GETTING ANY BETTER ANY TIME SOON.

09-14-2006, 04:02 AM
DAVIE PD IS CURRENTLY LOSING OFFICERS THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR LESS THEN 5 YEARS. NOT TI MENTION THE GUYS GETTING READY TO RETIRE. NO SIGN OF THINGS GETTING ANY BETTER ANY TIME SOON.

It cant be worse than over here, just take a look at what we have and compare it to yours. I promise you its worse

10-15-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.davie-fl.gov/Pages/DavieFL_H ... cebenefits (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Pages/DavieFL_HumanResrs/Benefits/policebenefits)

10-16-2006, 04:06 AM
You got it better. Just take a look at that longevity at 7 years of $1500!!! Ours starts at 10 years and it's $1250. You got us beat in alot of areas. Especially your 15+ year employees.

10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Davie is currently hiring, and looking for a few good Officers. Officers with little experience are being given an automatic pay step increase when hired which would start most in the upper $40s. Officers with sixty (60) college credits are also given an extra pay step increase which would already start an Officer out at pay step three (3). An Officer starting at pay step three (3) would top-out in five years. Officers completing seven (7) years receive longevity pay of $1500.00 dollars and $2000.00 dollars at twelve (12) years. Officers get a minimum four (4) hours of overtime for any court appearances or call-outs. Officers only contribute 7% to their pension, and receive 75% at twenty (20) years. Officers are able to Drop for five (5) years at their twenty (20) or remain in the pension for as long as they wish (85% at 25 years, and so on). Off-duty details are plentiful, and Officers can pretty much work as often as they like.

Officers are also basically given everything accept their ticket book. Uniforms, duty-belts, firearms, laptops, take-home vehicles, etc. are all given to new Officers. Officers recieve free dry cleaning, and free car washes at a professional car wash business. Take home vehicles are also provided throughout the tri-county area. Not a bad "Gig" in Davie.

10-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Curious, whats your top out pay?

11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I think it's about $67K or $68K.

11-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Why would any of you want to leave when your top out is now $75k?

11-06-2006, 10:19 PM
because it takes a decade to get there...

11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Ahh, but in a decade you and everyone else will still be here and not leave. Stop complaining since you obviously won't leave.

06-02-2007, 04:52 PM
PBSO IS THE PLACE TO WORK. WWW.PBSO.ORG (http://WWW.PBSO.ORG)

06-26-2007, 11:44 PM
as of today we still haven't had anyone apply from your dept.

06-27-2007, 12:12 AM
You won't see anyone applying either. All these young officers *****, ***** and ***** some more but not one of them will do anything about it. You'll see, not one will apply. they would rather run their sucks and badmouth everyone else. They're all pu**ies. We have shit for officers in the past 3 years.

06-27-2007, 01:35 AM
You won't see anyone applying either. All these young officers *****, ***** and ***** some more but not one of them will do anything about it. You'll see, not one will apply. they would rather run their sucks and badmouth everyone else. They're all pu**ies. We have shizzat for officers in the past 3 years.
And start the blame for hiring these ***** (es) for lowering standards of backgrounds and a LOUSY LAZY - FTO coordinater!!!!!!!!!!!

06-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Yup!!!!

06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
And don't get mad when a sgt tells you " go out and have fun chaseing the crooks " and you better be there to back each other up" when he says that ,,,, I'm like danm he is FN right but there are a hole that don't like him but when they need a stand up sgt they go to him Hummmmmmm who dat is??????

06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Dear ?????
No one understands your ghetto misspelled rant. Try again in English or switch over to Lauderhill's Site.

06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I understand.... not

06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Dontavious ? dat you ? where you is?

06-29-2007, 02:35 AM
Popeye's craka!!!

06-29-2007, 07:35 PM
mickeymouse PD

06-30-2007, 01:38 AM
mickeymouse PD
I know we could hire that Marine who did us a big favor? He's a better shot than some working here. Move over Jared let a Marine handle that.

06-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Marine Corps: 2
Thugs: 0

07-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Plantation PD: 0

07-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Plantation PD: 0
Yo momma: 0

07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Ya'lls better stops trippin cause I'm fixin on droppin anothers baby on yo azzes.

07-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Longevity?! laptops (or at least one without a camera) ?! incentive for a college education (other than from the state)?! issued weapons?!

Must be nice......
sigh..... :cry:

07-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Davie Recruiter,

How long, on average, is the hiring process for Davie PD ?

How many positions are anticipated to be open in '07 and '08 ?

07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Davie Recruiter,

How long, on average, is the hiring process for Davie PD ?

How many positions are anticipated to be open in '07 and '08 ?

hey stupid, take your dumb ass over to davie pd's leo affairs site to ask the "Davie Recruiter" questions about THEIR department, on THEIR site. Get the hint :?:

I mean stop acting stupid on OUR site. Because if our recruiters find out who you are we will hire you on spot :x

07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
sorry, did not mean to offend. Wasn't aware you were so sensitive.

Thanks for labeling me stupid, I appreciate it.

From reading some of the posts by Plantation officers it sounds like they don't recommend anyone to work for their dept.

I always thought PPD was a great dept.

07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
sorry, did not mean to offend. Wasn't aware you were so sensitive.

Thanks for labeling me stupid, I appreciate it.

From reading some of the posts by Plantation officers it sounds like they don't recommend anyone to work for their dept.

I always thought PPD was a great dept.

Friend
Im not the one bashng you here. However no matter where you go you will find the same BS in every place. One thing I can tell you is true. No matter where you decide to go, all of your stress will be within the walls of the department. Tyranical supervisors, administrators who look away with a blind eye with internal problems. And some of the worst back stabbers in the world. Sorry to take the wind out of your sails but police work is nothing more than a quick ticket to heart failure.
good luck
singed
Im about to snap somebodies neck

07-31-2007, 11:05 PM
beat down,

I appreciate your candor.

Thanks.

08-09-2007, 02:37 PM
dont listen to him, plantation's a dump.

08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I JUST SPOKE WITH ONE OF YOUR GUYS AND HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS POST. I CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT YOU SHOULD STAY WHERE YOU ARE, DAVIE SUCKS TO THE BONE. WE ARE IN A HUGE BATTLE WITH THE TOWN AND OUSELVES. WE HAVE SO MANY BACKSTABBERS AND KISS ARSES THAT EVERYONE SPENDS MOST OF THEIR DAY AT THE PD STIRRING THE POT. THE GRASS ISNT GREENER AND ITS GETTING WORSE. GET YOUR PENSION AND GET OUT. STAY SAFE.

08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I JUST SPOKE WITH ONE OF YOUR GUYS AND HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS POST. I CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT YOU SHOULD STAY WHERE YOU ARE, DAVIE SUCKS TO THE BONE. WE ARE IN A HUGE BATTLE WITH THE TOWN AND OUSELVES. WE HAVE SO MANY BACKSTABBERS AND KISS ARSES THAT EVERYONE SPENDS MOST OF THEIR DAY AT THE PD STIRRING THE POT. THE GRASS ISNT GREENER AND ITS GETTING WORSE. GET YOUR PENSION AND GET OUT. STAY SAFE.

Do not know which butt head put this here? Davie like any other place has its share of problems. It is what you make of it. We would take anyone of you any time. You have a great people at PPD. Stay safe and good night

08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
What great people are you referring to?

We have a bunch of inexperienced know-it-alls here and supervisors who couldnt find their way out of a paperbag.

08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
What great people are you referring to?

We have a bunch of inexperienced know-it-alls here and supervisors who couldnt find their way out of a paperbag.

hummmmm whee do you fir at ,,, how are you classified????

holygrail
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey folks....i am a resident of plantation and can only say nice things about the police here. They are very polite, courteous, and helpful. I havent run into any w/ an attitude. If things are bad in the dept, you all do a great job of hiding it to the public. This town (the residents at least) :wink: stands behind its officers. Think back of when the 2 officers were in that fire and the health insurance fiasco happened at city hall. Lots of citizens, myself included called city hall on your behalfs. Also raised money for the officers too. It doesnt matter what kind of work you do , or where you go...there is always BS of some kind. There will ALWAYS be corporate politics, and the city is definitely a corporation. You will also find great leaders along the way as well as others who in a role yet undeserved. Weigh everything carefully...it is seldom perfect anywhere. Don't let the people down who depend on you every day. We like you and want you all to stay in PLANTATION !! :lol:

10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Superb topout pay, 21 sro positions, new units, new computers (with DAVID, teletype, cad etc.. At your fingertips in your vehicle, aed's in every unit with moving radar in every unit. A large SWAT team whose always looking for new recruits. 20yrs 80% plus 5yr drop going to 7 year drop. A strong member of officers who back each other up on union issues. Educational pay/benefits. tri county take home available immediately after FTO (that's 90 days then take home). The miramar police department is the place to work.... (applications are online)

10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I work for Miramar and I could tell you that the grass is a little greener here but its turning brown pretty fast. It's actually 23 years and 80%. We do not have tri county take homes. Its Broward and 30 miles into Dade County but there is some rumors that it might go to a tri county but not yet. We do need officer's, so if anyone is interested please feel free to drop an application. As far as equipememt, yes all cars are now coming with mounted radars, you do get a computer while you are on FTO, and you do get a take home when you are out of FTO. BLACK AND WHITES but no tints. I know you guys are used to tints on your vehicles. You could get tints but it has to be approved, be 40%, and only the side windows, so it's pointless.