PDA

View Full Version : We are trying to help you

09-08-2006, 04:05 AM
thanks for news picking up the story about our car robberies, maybe we can get some help on the island. We know there are enough officers to help us, but we appreciate your work. chief harmon how about some help for the officers and us

09-08-2006, 04:47 AM
you will probably get help there, unlike others neglected areas...perhaps the will pull off the assigned units at sweetbay

09-12-2006, 02:44 AM
dont count on moving someone out of sweetbay...they just assigned a 911 responder full-time at sweetbay.

a full-time officer at a private businesses? A 911 responder at that...

PAPER OR PLASTIC...we are short officers and we can afford to place an officer 40 hours a week at private business

Lawman
09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
If you read that newspaper article a few months back, we have no choice. Go promised to provide a free officer to Sweetbay if they would open a store there. The city is now contractually obligated to provide one, the city could be sued for not doing so.

09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
In St Pete, here's how the city is run:

A grocery in the black section of town gets a uniform police officer to protect it as part of routine duties. Other groceries and private businesses pay by the hour for that extra service. If a police car is requested, that's extra, too.

But if deputy mayor gets involved in police biz and obligates officers to special assignments, the police chief gives away the store.

Kinda makes you wonder what other police services are done gratis while the regular citizens get stuck with the bill. Nearly every event in "mid-town" gets this sort of special treatment and/or the officers are pressured to "volunteer".

Which begs the rhetorical question: who runs the police dept? Is the mission protecting ALL the citizens or catering to certain sections at political whim? Is that economic development or a city held hostage to special interest?

Lawman
09-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Master-Blaster runs Barter-town!

09-12-2006, 10:59 PM
YOU JUS BETTA BE DOIN WHAT A BE TELLIN YUZ TA BE DOIN AND DAZ DAT!!!!!!!!!! ME GOTZ TA GO ME GOTS MO' WORK TA DU!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy
09-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Let me get this straight, we are short to the point that we have a "NO MORE OFF" stamp in each district, CPO's have to fill zones in order to let street officer have a day off that is not scheduled and we can afford to have an officer FULL-TIME at Sweetbay

What next? Come on, we deserve a little more to assist us than this. Ever since I have been here, they continue to think they are smarter than us. With this decision, it shows!

09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
You guys don't need union reps...whadda they doin' about all this anyway!

St Pete needs a hostage negotiator!

09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
.....I got out this year. Good luck to some of the good officers that I worked with at SPPD. If you can, consider leaving, if not please stay safe and good luck. It just can't get worse. Can it?