PDA

View Full Version : Academy Question- Help Appreciated

09-05-2006, 11:57 PM
I am trying to find a way to work full-time and do a night-time academy; but it is tough to find a schedule that will allow me to find one. I cannot attend full-time because I have bills to pay. My question is I know many of you obviously found a way to make ends meet while getting certified. Any advice as to how you guys were able to manage both or if it is even possible. I desperately want to get certified I am just stuck on what to do. I appreciate any experiences you can share.

09-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Of course its possible. I know of some that were able to go through full time day academy and had a full time evening job to pay bills. :wink: Its all about how bad u want it.

09-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Go apply for the scholarship program with us or the integrity class with HCSO. Then you won't only get paid in the academy, you'll get everything paid for. If you don't meet the qualifications for the scholarship program or don't get accepted, you're going to have an equally difficult time getting hired after you get your certification. There were about 30 people in my academy class and aside from those of us who were already sponsored, only 4 got hired anywhere. That was nearly four years ago.

And what's the deal with not being able to find a schedule that will allow you to go to the night academy? They are usually from 6pm-10pm, so any 9-5 job will do. I can't see how that would be hard to find....