PDA

View Full Version : Moderation

Sysop
09-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Greetings,

For those of you who use this Message Board as intended, thank you! It should be beneficial to both law enforcement officers and the agencies they represent.

There is a renewed commitment to DELETE messages that violate our Terms of Use and to BAN those users. Messages should be constructive in nature. That means if you post a problem, post a solution as well. Postings can be suggestive, colorful or even controversial. There is also nothing wrong with spirited debate. You should properly identify yourself when posting unless there is an obvious need not to. Annonymous messages are not granted the same right to exist as properly identified postings are. If you name an indivual, use their initials, describe them, etc...it better be complimentary or it has no place on this website. Even if it's true, there is no room for slams or libelous statements.

If we do things right, this will be a great place to be. What we discuss in here will be taken seriously and professionally, the media will cover the content, the citizens will become aware of it and apply public pressure when needed, and we will effect change together.

Thanks for your support!

Sysop
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I have assigned an additional Moderator to your Message Board. Please welcome him with open arms.

09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Good evening to everyone.

I have just been assigned to the Hernando page as co-moderator.

I would like to begin by echoing Chip DeBlock's previous post. Although LEOAFFAIRS provides us with a much needed outlet for free speech, it is imperative that we remember the First Amendment does not entitle us to engage in malicious libel. I have no problems with diverse opinions or debates on controversial issues; I actually encourage fresh ideas from those who like to think outside of the box. We just need to make certain that our personal feelings on the issues don't develop into postings that create a career detriment for our fellow Deputies. This site was created with the intentions of improving our working conditions, and strengthening our bonds with each other.

That being said, I look forward to serving you.

MOD 332

nononsetpr
09-26-2006, 04:56 AM
I think you need to explain that to the MOD's over on the FHP boards.. I think they are doing a terrible job. Need to start deleting the BS.

MOD 332
09-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Hello. Unfortunately, I cannot do that.

It is really not my place to tell the Moderators on the FHP board how to do their jobs. I doubt they would be happy to take constructive feedback from a new moderator like myself. Get with Chip DeBlock (Sysop) about the issue, and he will be happy to look into it.

Thanks.

MOD 332