PDA

View Full Version : Question

09-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Hello to all. I'm currently an officer with Miami P.D. Thanks for the support on our site.
It seems that at least we can share our depression about our respective departments.
My question is this. I recently saw I picture of a SFPD ID Card that stated that the officer was not authorized to carry a firearm. Please tell me this is only for individuals who have not been sworn in, or under suspension or some such circumstance.
Can anyone help on that?

09-02-2006, 07:58 AM
That's exactly what it is. If it says police officer, but with the firearm restriction, it usually means they are being investigated and the department took thier gun away. The civilian ID's say "civilian" on them.

09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
My gun and star was taken away because I am under investigation for making a comedy video. This, is far as I am told, is unprecidented. The Chief and the Mayor had it out for me because I fought back. I am, and was, never a danger to anyone. Even now I have not been charged with anything. All other members who were involved in this video debacle who had their gun and star taken, have had them returned (with the exception of one other) when they requested through the "Firearm Review Board". When I requested mine back, I was denied, citing that I was told "it wouldn't be returned until the conclusion of the investigation." A good source from MCD tells us that this investigation was wrapped up a good month or so ago and that the Chief is sitting on it, probably because she was angry that we filed a lawsuit against her. Not hard to believe. So, politics prevail, willing cops are bannished and the crime rate soars. Somebody needs to explain to the Mayor that he doesn't need to hire 600 more cops, he just needs to support the one's that are already here! Keep the damn gun Heather, It wouldn't do me much good anyways considering the bad guys are toting Ak's...

09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I saw the video,,,,laughed like a maniac. Loved it.
Some administrators will never understand the importance of cops being able to laugh at themselves and with each other. I guess it's a symptom of people who never really worked the street being promoted to positions of authority for political purposes.
Your video, was actually a healthy outlet for the stress we endure every day on the street. Unfortunatley they'll never get it. I hope your case gets resolved quickly, Good luck.
Do you have a union representing your officers? Or how about a police officers bill of rights?
Leo