PDA

View Full Version : Honor Guard Creed

txcrash667
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
HANDPICKED to serve as a member of the Honor Guard, my standards of conduct and level of professionalism must be above reproach, for I represent all others in my service.

OTHERS earned the right to wear the ceremonial uniform, one that is honored in rich tradition and history. I will honor their memory by wearing it properly and proudly.

NEVER will I allow my performance to be dictated by the type of
ceremony, severity of the temperature, or size of the crowd. I will remain superbly conditioned to perfect all movements throughout every drill and ceremony.

OBLIGATED by my oath I am constantly driven to excel by a deep devotion to duty and a strong sense of dedication.

REPRESENTING every member, past and present, of Law Enforcement, I vow to stand sharp, crisp, and motionless, for I am a Ceremonial Guardsman.

05-02-2010, 09:04 AM
In my day, Sergeant George L. Peterson started the Tampa Police HONOR GUARD and we never had a written "creed" for the Guard. We always performed our duties with honor, dignity, and dedication for those that had fallen before us. We buried more than I would like to remember. The Tampa Police Honor Guard gained national attention during the burial of Det. Childers and Bell. There were two casket teams and coordination along with training for that event was long and difficult. We trained numerous agencies throughout Florida, because we were the best; reverting back to the beginning with Sergeant George Peterson, and his high standards of professionalism and training.
It is my understanding that the Police Department's Reserve Force is planning to have an Honor Guard. My very best to all of those involved, I pray you much success and fine memories throughout your call to duty. I never could find a "unit" within the Department that brought it so much attention and accalades, than the OLD GUARD of TPD.

God Bless and sleep softly,

Michael Ray Cary
sergeant of The Guard, Retired
Tampa Police Department