PDA

View Full Version : Hiring process

08-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I had posted here awhile ago inquiring about the hiring process and since then I have completed all the paperwork and it is now ready to be sent out.

However I was reading about the Physical agility test(s). It seems that you have to do those along with firearms qualification? I can see where that could be a waste to do if they end up turning good people away.

Whats the deal with all that?

Thanks.

FlDeputy

08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
mso has some pretty dumb people running hr including super so good luck if your smart and clean cut super will fail u

08-31-2006, 07:17 PM
That waste of time may save your or another deputy's arse one day. Yes the tests are a bit behind the times and easy to pass but you still have to be able to handle the physical strains of the job. Just like every other job you have to prove yourself here and that starts with the testing.

08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
The testing is not a waste. The selection process is a bit suspect. If you have connections you are good to go unless you are Jack the Ripper. If you come from a background that someone does not like or remind them of someone they used to know that they did not like you are done. Like everything else in Florida the selection process comes down to what the board thinks. You may score 100 on a test but you have to go before a board to get the rest of your "score". In other areas of the country with a civil service system and unions the good ole boys were run out of town. Florida is the last hold out. When I retire I promise I will be a thorn in their side until I die. For now I am just taking notes.

10-16-2006, 02:28 AM
are they hard? what do they consist of?