PDA

View Full Version : Great new look for the cars!

08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Are cars getting issued this go around differently than years gone by? I see people with less than 2 years on driving new cars and people with 5 or more still driving 1999's around.

08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
They are being assigned by year 1st 1998, 1999, etc.. then miles second. For example if a 5 year guy is driving a 1999 with 70,000 miles and a 2 year guy is driving a 1999 with 100,000 miles the 2 year guy is getting his car replaced 1st.

08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Blame the administration for that. Just because a rookie's car is replaced doesn't mean that they necessarily have to drive a brand new 2006. Sgts/Lts have the right to give the car to someone else and give the rookie that person's old car. Its just that very few actually do this.

08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Lets look at it another way: Some day these brand new cars are going to be high mileage pieces of crap (assuming they aren't crashed). The "rookie" will be looking at the 'newer rookie' and thinking "I have more time on than him, I should be getting the new car." Why can't we just take our oldest sorriest cars out of service and give the operator of said vehicle a new replacement? Should we go back to 'who's the best butt kisser' or 'most politically connected' days? Who exactly is a rookie? The officer with twelve years on and is junior man on the squad working days on the south end of D1? If you ask the rest of his squad he is, he's junior to everyone else on the squad. Does he get a crap car year after year because he chooses to work a senior area? I'll bet he's got a boatload more seniority than most of the people whining about the rookies getting new cars.
Lets be happy (a) we have take home cars-lord knows those of us who had them taken away won't forget, (b) we have really good equipment-take a look around-go across the bay to St Pete. Remember, your car will come up for replacement and you too will get a new one, not some hand-me-down a senior officer abused for a year and passed down to you.

09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
They should give the FTOs a new car every year. That might actually give people an incentive to go to the training squads. Lots of people would rather have a new car than $100 a month!

09-01-2006, 09:04 PM
They should just give you a new car, when you need one.

09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
New cars everywhere..they look great.

09-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Your new cars look great. Best design in the area :D

09-09-2006, 07:40 AM
I kinda like the new look of USFPD's new cars too, they look awesome as well. Change is good for morale, kinda like when we changed the uniforms a few years back. :)