PDA

View Full Version : Can we take a vote of no confidence?

08-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Since things can't get much worse than they already are, can we take a vote of no confidence? I am tired of our anger with the mayor, deputy mayor and police chief not being heard. Working at SPPD these days sucks enough already, what can the mayor or chief do to make it worse than it already is if we take a vote of no confidence for the chief, the mayor and of course the deputy mayor? I'm realistic, I know Baker won't be ousted as mayor, Goliath Davis will still have his hands all over the police department discouraging/disciplining officers involved in real police work and Chuck will still be police chief regurgitating whatever he is told to say, but at least we will get our 2 cents in as those three continue to screw us over. At least we can have a little self respect knowing we got to say what we feel. Is anyone else for a vote of no confidence in these three?

08-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Well, we checked on with a full squad of 5 last night for all of district 3...smokin'

08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Five on patrol for all of DIII last night? I feel real safe. Thank got for my private armory. And I've got a blank pistol I call "chuck." It makes a little noise, but accomplish anything!

08-27-2006, 02:35 PM
As an "ex" in SPPD, I say it's time for the brothers to get their unions in gear. There's been more public outrage from citizens and neighborhoods than from cops, and the unions have only responded to the newspapers. A no confidence vote would be the story the Times cannot deny - nor could the Mayor. That would also anger citizens even more. The public needs to know the danger they are in and that officers are in.

If it gets any worse, we're gonna have to ride in and get our white shirts dirty down there!

08-27-2006, 03:16 PM
what u see is caused not just by a lack of commitment by the admin, but lets examine closer where more of the "blame", or call it lack of commitment really extends from:

if there are 3 people working in DIII, and there are "held overs", why isn't the supervisors of that particular district crying foul to not just the chief but THEIR union and city hall....hm? Until both the supervisors AND patrol staff combine and speak in one unified voice there will be NO change....u r divided and individual voices are never heard over the din...

08-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I have to give some credit to a few of the union guys. They have made some statements to the papers and from what I hear are on the hot seat to say the least. At a minimum they will never go anywhere else in the pd. What can we do as officers beside just *****in in the hallway to help that won't result in getting disciplined?