PDA

View Full Version : I support our Chief

08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
I think our chief means well and has given us some things to be thankfull for. The tasers, rifles, and the take home cars to name just a few, but Chief some things need to change.

1. We need to treat the patrol officers like gold. We need to give them whatever they need and want. We need to stop cancelling their days off and give them days off when they want them. If there is not enough staffing we need to make off duty assignments that will increae staff and enable the patrolman to have the time off they want.

2. The accident policy needs to be changed to do away with some of these minor 1 vehicle cruiser accidents and make them traffic incidents. I have never heard of our police department conducting an accident investigation of another city department for a gas nozzle, blown tire, bumping a pole, or other minor incidents. Why are they not reporting the accident.

3. It is not the big stuff that is causing officers to leave, it is the small stuff. Your patrol people are the ones leaving in big numbers not Cis, Vice, K-9, or Siu.

Why don't officers from local agencies come to us????? Chief we need to make some changes and make them public to the worker bees. Your the chief and can make a difference, you mean well and we appreciate all you have done.

08-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I'll give credit where credit is due.. Yes the Chief has come through on a few occasions. What he lacks is the ability to take control and lead the department. All he knows is micromanagement. He rose under it and now leads by it. He has caused every staff member below him to do the same. As a result we are lead by managers who can't think for themselves and are constantly fearful or being second guessed. It must be nice to have the time to sit back second guess and monday morning quarterback every situation. Unfortunately the result is detrimental to the department as a whole.

If you would allow just a little common sense to prevail in your thought process you would be amazed at how smoothly things would run. But then again the Chief gave the best example of what is wrong with this place last week at the new supervisor training: there isn't a morale problem. Things have always been this way. Everything is fine.....If you say so you can go on beleveing that.

08-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Even the totally incompetent get lucky sometimes. Harmon needs to be fired and replaced by fresh, outside blood who brings in a new chain of command. And Go Davis needs a one-wy ticket outta here.

08-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah, Chuck.

Thanks for letting me use "MY" rifle.

Lawman
08-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day

08-28-2006, 03:09 AM
Support from staff?? Consider this:

SPPD has never and does not now support the use of a 2nd gun....unless the officer buys it himself. A major setback for officer safety.

Chief Harmon has never and does not now support pay enhancements. Despite his promises to both the PBA and FOP soon after accepting the chief's job to lobby Mayor Baker in this regard, he has not. He quickly backtracked, claiming the mayor and council would never support larger pay increases or expanding the take-home car policy.

When Harmon's mouth moves, the coalition has scripted the text...and it's a far cry from an accurate version of events.