PDA

View Full Version : Ban semiautomatic guns.

08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
In a questionaire sent to candidates for a seat on the School Board in District 6 this question appears:

Do you support the banning the sale or transfer of semiautomatic guns except for those used for hunting?

Stephanie Desmarals Georglades SUPPORTS this ban!

Ken Allen declined to respond.

April Griffin declined to respond.

David Schmidt was the only candidate who OPPOSED the ban!

ELECT DAVID SCHMIDT.

http://www.ccfla.org/pdfs/Voter%20guides/Hillsborough.pdf

08-24-2006, 04:36 PM
What the hell does the school board have to do with this issue. These peope are just drunk on the power. Fools, only a free man owns guns.

08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
What the hell does the school board have to do with this issue. These peope are just drunk on the power. Fools, only a free man owns guns.

The answer to your question is that I am opposed to any candidate for any public office who is for banning firearms.

* In this particular instance I believe her opposition shows an ignorance of firearms. Does she confuse semiautomatic firearms with full automatic firearms (which are also legal to own by law abiding citizens if certain procedures are followed.)

* Do you suppose that she realizes that virtually all LEOs in this county carry semiautomatic firearms, and that in the case of HCSO the individual officers own the firearms they carry, including their carbines?

* If semiautomatic firearms should be banned at all, why make an exception for those used for hunting? They are just as deadly as semiautomatic firearms not used for hunting. Upon realizing this, she is likely to later support banning all semiautomatic firearms.

* Running for school board is often an "entry level" move into later runs for higher office. For example, Florida Representative Faye Culp started this way; elected to the school board 1988-92 and the Florida House 1994-98; re-elected 2002-04.

I don't want to see a gun-banner get her foot in the elective office door.

Simple as that.